It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deep sea horror, this bigfin squid image is the stuff of nightmares.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
It is beautiful, too bad the ocean is in such toxic shock that we are seeing more of these amazing creatures surface.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

theantediluvian
From Wikipedia:

Another mental image to keep me from going in much further than waist deep

edit on 25-11-2013 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

Thus marked the end of my excursions into the great blue beyond. You could never pay me to set foot in the ocean after dark and now with this sucker undulating along down there?

I'd rather die. By fire.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

Why do people find this thing scary?

I can understand the fear associated with some residents of the deep oceans, not to mention the sea creatures which operate above this depth. God knows a Great White shark will put the frightners on a great majority of people if found to be sharing bathing locations with an example of that species.

However, this critter, while a bit on the otherworldly side, looks like it does not have the capacity to straight up consume, nor critically injure a person. Now, it may have some abilities that I have not understood, perhaps its tendrils are coated in suckers which bite into flesh and deliver the most potent natural neurotoxin on the planet. I have no idea. But in terms of its appearance alone, I can think of several critters which not only make a new set of underwear necessary, but ARE actually capable of murdering the crap out of you, and consuming your rapidly cooling corpse before the flies even get a look in.

Hell, pigs are more concerning to me than this little fellow, and I eat pig on a regular basis. A bunch of pigs can eat a man bones and all. I certainly would not want to check out that way. This underwater oddity looks like I could crush its brain in one fist, right through its skin, if I figured out where the hell it kept the thing. I would much rather have to defend myself against one of these than say, a shark, or a box jellyfish for that matter, and I have always found jellyfish to be particularly whimsical looking things!

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I don't know... I watched the video, and I just can't help but think that it looks fake to me.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by sgmillerx

Please explain why it is fake, and also please mention the other videos & pictures of this species in this thread and their credibility too.

Did you in fact read any of said thread, or are you just another unfortunate youtube-educated soul ?

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That thing is a one-critter freak show, for certain! So is that the body at the top, and huge tentacle ends, or am I looking at the thing the wrong way? Looks like something from some one sci-fi movie, that should be showing up in outer space. Freaky!!!!!!!

There must be some rule that "deep sea" means really UGLY!

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

I think it's beautiful in it's own unsettling sort of way... Like spiders or moths.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

TheLiesOfEden

theantediluvian
From Wikipedia:

Another mental image to keep me from going in much further than waist deep

edit on 25-11-2013 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

Thus marked the end of my excursions into the great blue beyond. You could never pay me to set foot in the ocean after dark and now with this sucker undulating along down there?

I'd rather die. By fire.

i'm with ya! lol!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Its the oceans puppet master! That's creepy crap!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Tidnabnilims

Well, I guess you frown upon anyone having an opinion.

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
My guess

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join