It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Claims Abandoned Homes Are Up For Grabs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Not saying the story is a hoax... but the Daily Mail (a British tabloid, and the source for this one) has made numerous squatter related stories, many of which turned out to be hoaxes (like the knife-wielding Lithuanian family that squatted in a house and forced the real homeowners to flee...). Too many "legit" (and I use that word loosely) will repeat a story like this verbatim, without verifying a thing. The "Lithuanian squatter" hoax even had interviews and video of the "perps" - all faked.

Don't believe every tabloid "news" story...

I find the name in this case, "Robert Carr", odd - or too coincidental. Carr was a British subject from the 17th C. who, as it happens, took possession of Sir Walter Raleigh's manor over a claim he "abandoned" it (in reality Raleigh had his claim trumped by the king who favoured Carr over Raleigh).

Again, not saying the story is a hoax, but a British tabloid is reporting this, "Robert Carr" is a British historical figure who was famed for "squatting" in an abandoned manor of Walter Raleigh, etc.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
A original deed from the owner trumps any silent deed. Unless the property was signed over to the silent deed holder by the original deed holder legally the squatter has no rights and can be forcefully removed with extreme prejudice as a home invader. Without no proof of sale or transfer and a waiting period of at least 30 days the squatter is screwed.

Personally i d go in there,and shoot him. put a knife in his hand and say he attacked me because i wanted to come back home and I have the original deed to prove it.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join