Toast's Stop Motion exercises

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Toast here just dropping by to show you my first forays into stop motion animation with action figures. This first one is me experimenting green screen with my Loki action figure:

Then graduated to this one with better lighting, but as you can see, Loki against a green screen doesn't work because...well he has green:

Then this short one...it kind of glitched, where I used a bright yellow screen instead of the green:

Any comments/advice/critiques welcome...I also plan on doing a longer one with my Edward Elric fig.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
nice,,but if you really what get into animation ,, have you looked into using 3D animation software,,some of it is free

Poser

DAZ 3D

Google sketchup

3D modeling software

Renderosity

edit on 26-11-2013 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Do you have a remote for your camera?

Here are some tips along with some suggestions on software.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

more of a preference thing in this type of things you should also either use a stop motion manipulative diorama set or combination of that and hand drawn, I like the style of robot chicken and still dont have the balls to push anything digital i have done as most are video game or cell related both user manipulative either way very awesome bro!!! Have you tried clay, for what it is I think you are doing I suggest checking out an old sega game called clayfighters

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

I'm thinking about going into clay-mation, but I don't have the necessary supplies.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

No, I just use a Kodak EasyShare digital camera on a Joby Gorilla grip tripod.

I'm kind of hoping that I get a camcorder or a camera with a much larger megapixel.

The only cameras that have remotes are the big studio camcorders down at my local tv station

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

TheToastmanCometh

No, I just use a Kodak EasyShare digital camera on a Joby Gorilla grip tripod.

I'm kind of hoping that I get a camcorder or a camera with a much larger megapixel.

The only cameras that have remotes are the big studio camcorders down at my local tv station

It should have a timer setting are you using it? Good luck!

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Here are my 2 latest vids...I'm starting to use a blue screen as shown in the last one

When my display stand comes, I'm going to attempt a full project

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I might try that.

top topics

join