It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Than 20% of 14-Year-Old Boys Diagnosed With ADHD

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Some very disturbing news from the CDC about ADHD statistics.

It seems they have found that ADHD diagnosis in children age 4 through 17 has increased 42% from 2003 to 2011.

Even more disturbing is that children on public health like Medicaid etc. were 53 percent more likely to be diagnosed with ADHD.

Who knows the reasons for all this, but very alarming indeed.

Could be some kind of planned agenda ? But for what ? Who gains the most, and who benefits the most (or the least) ?

The percentage of American children from 4 through 17 years of age who have ever been diagnosed with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) increased 42 percent from 2003 to 2011, according to a newly released study by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The study indicated that more than 20 percent of 11- and 14-year-old American boys had been diagnosed with ADHD at some point in their lives, that boys were 125 percent more likely than girls to be diagnosed with the disorder, and that boys were 127 percent more likely than girls to be medicated for it.

The study also found that children in public health programs (Medicaid and the State Children’s Health Insurance Program) were 53 percent more likely to be diagnosed with ADHD than children with private health insurance.

More Than 20% of 14-Year-Old Boys Diagnosed With ADHD

WHAT is causing this ?

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Its all about money!

If its not all about money, and this many children are indeed suffering these problems (I dont believe they are), then all vaccinations etc should be stopped right now, until they figure out the cause.
But that will never happen, because its all about the money.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Yes: money for psychiatrists, money for Big Pharma, money for educationists, money for researchers, money for old rope.

The diagnostic criteria for a host of mental illnesses are now so loosely drawn that almost everyone is officially mad.

I must remember to take my medication...

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I concur. Someday we'll all have to take a shot or pill
every day, or we will die. Chemical permission to exist.

I for one welcome our new CorpPharma overlords!
(NOT!)

KPB

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Conspiracy aside...I think we're seeing blow back from a lack of knowledge of that with which we tamper.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Clean up their diet!

I wonder how many ADHD take in FEW sugars.

Proly few.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

WHAT is causing this ?

Doctors IS causing this...

They have a pill for everything these days... and the more they push them the more they get paid

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

My take on all of this is that children are getting bored in the classroom, and rather than up our standards we choose to drug them down. It's a different world with the availability of info, and dis-info a click or two away.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

It is not about money. It is the simple fact that more than half of marriages end in divorce today in the US and millions of children of all ages are traumatized at an early age. Many of those split marriages stay split and the mother raises the children alone. Frequently a grandparent has that role, again, usually a female. Male role models and authority figures (I'll get beat up on that point) are lacking and frequently fail to treat the kids decently even if they are present.

The bottom line is bitter, angry, unconnected kids acting out to get attention and to get back at the whole damned world that has put them in that situation. Boys find release in aggression and confront authority at every turn, starting in school if not at home as frequently females are targeted. Girls, the gentler sex, go to their natural side also, toward wanting love that the all too often they find in early sexual experiences and the resulting babies. Part of a self-perpetuating and growing problem.

Schools are not without blame today, they feed the young flames with applying less proper discipline into those young lives at a time when the children are failing to get what was normal social and cultural discipline in the home and family structure.

Certainly, the big pharms are eager to help, but they were not the cause and they are not the cure either.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Aliensun
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

It is not about money. It is the simple fact that more than half of marriages end in divorce today in the US and millions of children of all ages are traumatized at an early age. Many of those split marriages stay split and the mother raises the children alone. Frequently a grandparent has that role, again, usually a female. Male role models and authority figures (I'll get beat up on that point) are lacking and frequently fail to treat the kids decently even if they are present.

The bottom line is bitter, angry, unconnected kids acting out to get attention and to get back at the whole damned world that has put them in that situation. Boys find release in aggression and confront authority at every turn, starting in school if not at home as frequently females are targeted. Girls, the gentler sex, go to their natural side also, toward wanting love that the all too often they find in early sexual experiences and the resulting babies. Part of a self-perpetuating and growing problem.

Schools are not without blame today, they feed the young flames with applying less proper discipline into those young lives at a time when the children are failing to get what was normal social and cultural discipline in the home and family structure.

Certainly, the big pharms are eager to help, but they were not the cause and they are not the cure either.

Well, there's a lot of very good parents out there who'll be pretty pee'd of with your BLAME THE PARENTS post.
It's very well documented that these so called illnesses follow political/geographical lines, its got NOTHING to do with parenting.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

I agree with the gist of your response! I think that the epigenetic
damage done by early child abuse from neglective parents are
contributing to the child-rearing disaster in the USA at least.
And as you say, Pharma loves to jump in and dope up the
damaged kids.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Good news for NAMBLA though!

They can come to the rescue with more drugs to pry their way in..

Unless the parents are scientologists that is...

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Ha, what a load of bologna.

Kids are naturally hyperactive. And kids are naturally self absorbed. They don't want to pay attention to things they aren't interested in. Does that mean that they have ADD? No, ignoring something is a natural defense against something that is not interesting.

And when you look at teens, this is when they become rebellious. They want it to be known that they're their own person. And they'll do what they want to do with their life.

To quote the comedian Doug Stanhope "No it's not ADD, I'm just thinking of something more interesting than you!"

So in order to force kids to do what their "supposed to do" they just dope them up on pills to get them more focused on the task at hand, usually in school. And parents get tired of trying to calm down their hyper kids.

I'm strongly against anti-depressants, or any other drug that effects the brain chemistry. Hell, I don't like any Pharma drug for that matter, and avoid them at all costs.

It just comes down to have obedient kids that will grow up into productive, obedient workers. To keep up the consumer culture we have setup. It just revolves around money. No surprise there.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I have seen a number of schools that will tell parents that there children need to be seen for this disorder.

The school will tell the parents that a doctor in town is the one to see to get the child checked.

That doctor is the last one you want to take your kid to.

i have had restless leg syndrone most of my life and the wooden seets of school desks were down right painfull to set in and this is a disorder that many kids have.
edit on 26-11-2013 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

ANNED
I have seen a number of schools that will tell parents that there children need to be seen for this disorder.

The school will tell the parents that a doctor in town is the one to see to get the child checked.

That doctor is the last one you want to take your kid to.

When one of my sons was 7 the school said he had ADHD and my wife told me that he needed to be checked because the school said so. I told her he didn't have it and that he was a typical seven year old, and at 10 he is a straight A student and is now a typical 10 year old.

A couple to people have pointed out that ADHD is the flavor of the week and it is big money to boot, but we must also understand that diet is driving this artificially up and the vast majority that have it would be basically normal with good food.

edit on 26-11-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Here's something interesting about MSG in foods....

Decreased Levels of dopamine have been recently linked to ADHD:

The link between MSG and ADHD now becomes even clearer - since glutamate in animal studies decreased dopamine.

In the December 2003 issue the Journal of Neuropsychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, it was reported that researchers found increased levels of glutamate in the brains of children who suffered from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). In those same children, levels of Gamma Amino Butyric Acid (GABA), were decreased.

source

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
of course they are... they are the new ritalin consumers... you don t have adhd, you get diagnosed with it... it s a bogus diagnose, only to prescribe you ritalin... big pharma, big money...

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
The good thing with belonging to a large group or community that show up with some sort of disorder is that it gives power. Thus there are so much abnormal and disorderly activity going on in a society that normalness gets a minority. This news here fits right in with all other madness that are going on in the world today. Even hetero sexuality and married couples seems to be considered abnormal these days.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I think kids are tired of the BS their parents are spouting all the time and purposefully tune it out, pretending not to hear unless pressed and then huh, what?

I don't blame them actually. I think maybe they are so pressured and frustrated they carry on this "attention deficit" as they grow up until it becomes permanently part of their character.

The diagnosis always points the finger at them and not the parents and the solution is drugs or treatment for the kids.

Something like Asthma is a disease. This is a behavior thing and its not the kids fault they can't pay attention.

Just my two cents…

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I wonder what the ADHD prevalence rate is here in Korea. I just don't 'see' it in Korean kids, and their parents never unscrew the lid when it comes to pressure.

Parents need to go back to the belt, kids need to get out and play, and above all else ... the grub meant needs to STOP running/ruining families.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join