It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Knockout game' only a hate crime when the victim is Jewish???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Hi all,

I'm not intending the title of this thread to be inflammatory, but I read the following article this morning, and it couldn't help leave me wondering...

The Brooklyn, N.Y., man accused of assaulting an Orthodox Jew in what appears to be another case of the knockout game is being charged with a hate crime for the alleged attack.

Amrit Marajh, 28, was charged with harassment as a hate crime after he allegedly punched the 24-year-old Orthodox Jewish man Friday morning.

The unidentified victim believes he was attacked as part of the deadly "knockout" game, where an attacker aims to knock out the victim with a single sucker punch, police said.

Now, this 'knockout game', despite having been around for decades, has been a prominent subject of discussion for the past few weeks. Most notably, it seems that many people feel that it is solely a crime perpetrated by African Americans on white people (thus giving it the nickname 'polar bear hunting'). Many people would argue that this distinguishes it as a race-based attack, and therefore constitutes a hate crime.

People in authority have continued to deny this apparent trend, saying that race plays no issue, and these are not hate crimes. Yet the attached article, in which the victim is an orthodox Jew, the suspect apparently HAS been charged with a hate crime.

This begs the question, why haven't the other people charged with this crime (presumably on non-Jewish white people) ALSO been charged with a hate crime?

I'm not a Zionist or anti-Zionist (I'm Australian, and that stuff means virtually nothing to us over here), but I'm aware of the tensions in the media and internet forums (I know, 'fora') that are brought to the surface when people of Jewish ethnicity are seen to be given 'different' or 'special' treatment or protection. It just makes me wonder why this is the only case I have seen where it has been deemed a hate crime?

I'm only putting this forward for genuine discussion - other people might know further details on the matter. Please don't let this devolve into racial rants...

Regards,
Rewey

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Rewey

"Knockout" is a race based game and it is a hate crime. The authorities and MSM are afraid to call it what it is because of political correctness as well as their fear of a backlash from the black community. It's pretty simple actually.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Well, I guess that's the basis of my question. Everyone seems to feel that targeting one race in any fashion constitutes the basis for a hate crime, but no-one seems to want to set the ball in motion by actually calling a spade a spade. Except in this new case, which happens to include an orthodox Jew as a victim?

As an Australian, I still look back to the Australian baseball player shot and killed at random by three African American teens in Oklahoma recently. If the article in the OP constitutes a hate crime, then so does the Chris Lane murder.

Regards,
Rewey

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Rewey

Jews are just another of the protected victim classes in society. If the victim hadn't been Jewish, the hate crime wouldn't have happened. Had the black guys tagged a gay man or woman, I'll bet this would also be a hate crime since homosexuals are also now one of the protected victim classes in society.

It's always a sick sort of game to watch the grievance industry try to figure out in a grievance class v. grievance class scuffle which one is more grievance worthy than the other.

I guess as a white, heterosexual, Christian woman it's about as close to the grievance industry as I'll ever get except as a loser.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Rewey

No, it doesn't Chris Lane was a white, male, heterosexual. The perps were poor blacks. The perps were more grievance worthy than Chris Lane. Therefore, there was no hate involved according to the grievance industry.

You and I know differently.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I caught a second of Jesse Jackson condemning the game.

He said if this was whites doing it to blacks there would be outrage all over the country.

I'm glad he got in on this rather he means it or not, but I wonder if he made the announcement before, or after the hate crime against the Jewish man.

It is odd that it took a Jewish man to get the hate crime called for what it is. I guess white people, and if I understand it right Asians don't count in hate crimes.

Off topic, but I've looked this up before to no avail, are Jews a race are religion?

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
It shows the amount of home training these black youth have. Zero. Or their just emulating their parents. If white kids were doing this to blacks..it would be called a race war. If blacks were doing this to blacks...oh' wait they are. It's called black on black crime. If blacks were doing it to whites..it would be a non story on all media outets. Now matter what color they are their COWARDS. They keep it up, some where, some body is gonna get killed. They gonna knock out the wrong person.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

terriblyvexed
Off topic, but I've looked this up before to no avail, are Jews a race are religion?

That's a good question. I've been confused by this in the past before. I could never work out why targeting a different race made you a 'racist', but targeting a Jewish person had its own term, being an 'anti-semite'. And due to historical treatment, being an anti-semite seemed so much worse than being a racist.

From my (limited) understanding, Judaism is the religion of Jewish people, who are the predominant race occupying Israel. I assume that the term anti-semite comes from the differing types of Jewish people, being semitic Jews, orthodox Jews, hasidic Jews. I've always assumed that those terms differentiate people in different adherence to Judaism, similar to Muslims being called Sunni, Shiite, etc.

I apologise if my understanding is offensive - it's what I understand from my limited knowledge on the subject.

Regards,
Rewey

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

They killed an elderly Vietnamese man in St. Louis a couple years or so ago.

And now, they've picked on some gun owners who have shot them, but I'm not sure if any of the gun owners have accidentally killed any of them yet. I do recall one getting shot in the leg. At this rate, it won't be long before we wind up with the knockout version of the Trayvon Martin case.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Rewey

Yeah, it's a really blurred line if you ask me.

I have a friend who says his family is Jewish, he's white. So I asked him one day can anyone be a Jew or are Jews a race.

He said anyone could practice Judaism, but Jewish people are a race.

Well I can't help, but see a difference between him, and people I see on TV in Israel, they don't look white, and when they do it looks like they have a good tan.

And websites just blur the lines even more.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I got an e-mail from a buddy of mine yesterday. Had many links to YT videos of black guys condemning 'this game.'

One common theme started to jump out ... and that was their concern for a white backlash. It was astonishing how many times I heard them say, "White people: Just pull your gun out and start shooting these thugs down." One guy was begging for some racist white group to start linking his videos to their sites. SMH

I'm glad I'm overseas.

join