It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black musician collects the robes of Klansmen he has converted from racism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

if more people concentrated on adopting this mentality and used methods like this in other areas of society (cults, gangs, the homeless, drug addicts, terrorists, etc) and if they used actual diplomacy, instead of contributing money to charities, we could actually see the change that's being made and would indeed improve things more directly and quickly. instead, it seems people kinda.. just trust a vague entity that is supposed to have the "best interests" of one of these groups in mind (in the case of charities) or supposed to "combat their influence" (in the case of cults, gangs, terrorists)

Understanding another person's point of view almost always works both ways..

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I heard about this man a while back, I want to say I saw him on a documentary type TV show but I can't remember. Truly amazing and I have a lot of respect for him. Blind hatred only breeds more hatred, but when two people with opposing views can sit down and have an honest logical discussion without judgement there is much progress to be made.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
This is a prime illustration of open, honest discussion bringing two opposing sides together. Communication is the key but it's more then just allowing someone else to voice opinions you disagree with it's also really listening to what they have to say. Finding the courage inside of yourself to accept the fact that some of your long held beliefs might be wrong and adjusting your perceptions to accept reality.I love this story cause it's a lesson for us all but I dout if very many people will learn from it. In a time when the division of humanity into feuding groups is one of the greatest weapons our overlords weld against us this shows that there is still some hope for us.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
This is beyond amazing but exactly what all people across the world should be doing; communicate openly and work out differences peacefully.

That is a huge problem here in Japan. So many people isolate themselves and live in their own minds. There is a lot of hatred built up in people here. People are angry about a lot of things for a lot of reasons. Some people direct all that hate in a positive direction but there is an increasing number of people here who lash out against the entire world wanting to simply plunge the world into chaos and darkness forever.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

freedomwv
This is beyond amazing but exactly what all people across the world should be doing; communicate openly and work out differences peacefully.

That is a huge problem here in Japan. So many people isolate themselves and live in their own minds. There is a lot of hatred built up in people here. People are angry about a lot of things for a lot of reasons. Some people direct all that hate in a positive direction but there is an increasing number of people here who lash out against the entire world wanting to simply plunge the world into chaos and darkness forever.
I think that's what we see happening to large portions of the world as we move to a more technology dominated life. It's now so easy to isolate ourselves and exist in a bubble. These bubbles blind us to the larger reality. They also increase our apothy twords eachother.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Wonderful inspiring story! I wish something similar could be started in my country-we have to move away from the pc bs-admit there are differences in culture and worldview and perceptions between races,religions and cultures-and talk to each other openly,Discuss these matters.And after discussing differences,Most importantly-discuss what we have in common-which will always be a lot more prevalent than the ways in which we differ.This is so uplifting and wonderful to read about-i would also love to see a white guy doing the same re the Black Panthers,for instance.People must stop acting like race is not an issue-while we are trying our darndest to pretend it's not-racial misunderstandings and msconceptions flourish.Just TALK and address these matters-there is no shame in admitting that different races often have to Work at getting along-but that work is to the benefit of the entire human race.Big hug to Daryl Davis from me!

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I wonder what he does with the robes he's been given?
I would use them to sneak into rallies. It would be hucking felarious to put on a grand dragon robe and address the group with the most out landish raceist b/s I can think of and then remove my hood and watch heads explode ala Dave chapelle. I know I would not live long there after but I would be sooooo worth it.
On a serious note though, in the op I read that the grand dragon he befriended had been to prison numerous times. If that's true how did he become a cop? Felons can't be po po.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Yea I did somethimng liek this with my biolagical father .48 white man here lol
anyway as a child I just didnt give a darn all i cared about is some people are jerks and some are not .
being white didnt make a jerk any less ajerk and being black sure wasnt a free pass to be a jerk .
anyway went through foster homes until i was 11 then got put back with my father and step mother.The thing i wanted more then any thing was a family .my father and step mother being drunks fought throughing junk and being rasist as well.
Meet this young black couple at 14 ((meet the dude wile he was jogging by a pond i fished at. .
Got to be real good friends fast here was a young couple who loved each otehr who stood by each other no matter what. The first time I had ever known someone like this .
I loved thouse two (what ? guy cant have plontic love)
anyway went over there house alot ooo two maybe 3 years of this goes by now I know my father says to me one day you know I meet you friend (the black guy ) and hes a good person maybe im wrong and need to see who people are and not be arsist .And yes he accutly addmited it.
and accutly seamed to be changing alest that part of him self .
Ps have meet a black person or two who said untill I just talked with them they hated all whites.
so it happens on all side . The irony of Rasisum Is it is not rasist as any color can be rasist.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

i watched the TV documentary on this guy a few years back, truly inspirational

In the docu...... he eventually became the God-Father of one of the Grand wizard's children or grandchildren, sorry can't remember exactly.

Just imagine if he was a politician?!?!?!?

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This is hte secret. We're all the same, but we isolate ourselves from each other to keep our fantasy going. I think it's because it's HARD to learn new things. People like to stick to hte fantasy because it's so mcuh easier than confronting reality. It's like coasting on your previous works rather than continuing to challenge yourself. The problem is in the long-term we're hurt more than helped by it. It's an unhealthy tendency that becomes a habit and is hard to change after that.

Sometimes I wonder if humans had a disagreement on the spiritual plane and isolated themselves from TEH TRUTH by injecting themselves into this life simulation. In effect, we're trapped by our unwillingness to engage the truth. This is the source of all pain and hatred and disaster and death present in our matrix universe.

All is one. That's what I think the truth is. I would say we're God discovering itself and sometimes voluntarily choosing NOT to discover itself.

Nonetheless, I do not believe we know what the truth is until we die. This matrix universe is not made for us to discover it, but to hide it.
edit on 27-11-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Great idea about how to better the world one crap heap at a time and a great feel good story...

But thinking about schooling every racist, ignorant person out there is tiring. What patience that man has... at least the story didn't end with HIM, "the black musician," joining the Klan... heh.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Absolutely amazing, I love this. I wish there were more people who did this stuff in the world.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

This is an example of true leadership. He is an outstanding human being.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

Hey, at least that's one less crap heap.
To paraphrase Jesus, "The crap heaps you will always have with you". Lots of it out there, so we'll always have something to work on.

If all you do is leave the world with one less crap heap, that's better than having done nothing. And I truly believe that the good we do in this world is not meant solely to help/change others; in helping others, we change ourselves. Even Jesus understood that his same words to different people would not have the same result.

I love this story. Mr. Davis sure gave an example of listening to others. I think he did exactly what Jesus did, listened to others in conversation and respected a persons dignity. Anyone who would do that is truly a changed person, regardless of what goes on around him/her.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Men like this should be leaders in the black community. Courage,honor,dignity. When I read this story it gave me hope.

Racism will only be stopped when minorities stop buying into the progressive mindset. The progressives mindset is actually causing most of the problems today. Affirmative action and all the politically correct crap are actually self imposed chains of oppression.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join