It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Means to 'Fundamentally Transform' America's Education System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It's known as "Common Core".

It is an agenda supported by Obama and all who worship the downgrading of education as we know it.

It's global.

It's dangerous.

Why is it they always have to disassemble successful systems to achieve a lower standard for humanity ?

Why do lower standards always have to be the *equalizers* ?

Can't they just focus on bringing less fortunate people up to successful levels ?

There must be a hidden *Goal*.

Who and what are they so afraid of ?

Proponents of the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) often insist that the new standards are not a federal takeover of education. Actually, Common Core supporters could be right in one sense: Common Core is not so much about a nationalization of education as it is part of a world-wide initiative that may ultimately serve to make American values and practices secondary to global sharing.

Writing at Crisis Magazine, journalist Mary Jo Anderson asserts that Common Core is nothing less than the latest attempt by the U.N. to impose on the United States a globalist perspective with the utopian goals of worldwide peace, environmental sustainability, and economic fairness. In that context, Common Core is part of the Obama administration’s “transformational” education plan that places emphasis on global relationships rather than a unique American culture.

Read about this global utopia;
Obama' s Means to 'Fundamentally Transform' America's Education System

How will this affect our children ?

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I'm not sure that we need to dumb down our population any more.

They already elected Obama twice.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I don't really have a say in this game because I have no children. My brother does have children though, and they see what's going on with the education system here in Washington State. He told me that they are learning everything they can about home schooling because he's not at all happy with the state of education here.

I suspect there will be more people making this determination.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Oh, it'll make for one very confused generation when world war erupts from the vacuum of power America's loss of influence and respect in even the professional world will be by the time we've completely and totally dumbed down our citizens to functionally illiterate levels.

Hmmm....

Recently, the Department of Justice challenged the state of Louisiana in court for starting a scholarship program that frees low-income minority children from failing schools. Last Friday, Attorney General Eric Holder decided to drop the initial lawsuit and instead announced he will seek to require Louisiana to submit to a bureaucratic review process that would mandate all voucher application information be sent to the federal government prior to awards being granted to students.
(From Op Link)

I smell another pretty dramatic power grab from the feds, too. Louisiana is another one of those states I don't think Washington much cares for, or ever has for that matter.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
One thing I understand about common core is that it eliminates education in cursive handwriting. At first I didn't think much of it, because I don't use it, but it seems that we all may be well served by learning and using cursive.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
If he's going to "fundamentally transform" it like he did healthcare then we might as well strike a match to the US right now.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
One educational reform suggestion which has been, and will be, opposed by the education system is vouchers. You probably know about it. The idea is for a state to give every child a voucher worth so many dollars a year to be used for educational services. It can't be converted to cash or anything else. The parent takes the money and decides which school they want to send their child to.

Schools compete to get better results, parents become more involved in their child's education, poor performers who are hurting the school's reputation get fired, lollipops and roses as far as the eye can see.

The main drawback? The teachers' union and the government schools lose control over education. (Ha ha ha. "Drawback," he says. He he he, guffaw. Chortle. Holding sides, falling to floor.)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I find it hard to believe that you would consider the American education system, as functional. It's actually one of the main reasons your country is drowning economically.

Especially the student debt, but that's another story. The K to 12 educational system is a disaster. We all know the stats on how poorly kids are doing in math, science and even basic reading comprehension.

Now a lot of that is certainly parental failure or having been victimized by a system who doesn't care about the poor or middle class, but certainly the current system as is, for education is entirely inept.

I don't know what all of this common core is about, but it's not even the material they teach that's the problem these days mostly, its the institutionalized way they teach it.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
That ship has been sailing for awhile. Obama is just taking it to the next level.

Those in power fear a population armed with knowledge more than a population armed with weapons. We would never be able to make a change in our country with weapons, we would accomplish nothing except our own enslavement that way.

They know an Informed people would have a better chance preserving/restoring our rights than any weapon ever could. That's why the propaganda machine is always well oiled and set to full speed ahead, via government run schools.

edit on 25-11-2013 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Americas parents will not allow this, neither the religious right in the nation, with the ratings Obama is getting lately from his "healthcare transformation" is not chance in hell that he will get to screw more the nations educational system.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
"Common Core: Based on UN Agenda 21, UNESCO Standards"

Michael Chapman explains the Connections between Common Core, UNESCO, and Agenda 21.

The UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) has a program called "Education for All" that includes the same people and same ideas as Common Core. The Global Fund for Education was formulated by the UN, "agreed to" by Barack Obama, funded by Bill Gates, and Common Core was imposed on the American people through Department of Education (DOE) funding schemes.
Before explaining Common Core, you must first understand that it is a part of the Agenda 21 program. In the Agenda 21 document chapter 36 is titled "Promoting education, public awareness and training". This chapter goes on to explain how promoting education, public awareness and training, with focus on environmental education, is a critical theme both relevant to the implementation of the whole of Agenda 21 and indispensable for achieving sustainable development..............

source

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Dear marg6043,

I hesitate to do this but ....

Americas parents will not allow this, neither the religious right in the nation, with the ratings Obama is getting lately from his "healthcare transformation" is not chance in hell that he will get to screw more the nations educational system.

Common Core covers three areas; math, reading, and science. All three areas have been accepted by 45 states, and at least one of the remaining 5 has accepted the reading portion and is considering the rest.

"America's parents will not allow this?" They already have.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Is not those subjects that are to be targeted, But patriotism, religion, and individualism are anathema, as each competes with the globalist vision of world harmony.” from the source link, those are the topics that people will never allowe to be changed in any way or form.

Just remember what happen in Florida when Islam was to be included in studies in one county school system, tax payers, voters and parents put a stop to it.

edit on 25-11-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join