It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA is lying about Comet ISON.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

Yes i admit i was shown that...i seem to recall acknowledging it earlier. But that doesn't change the fact that its what they SAY...not necessarily how it IS.

Am i supposed to believe them based on their alleged "credibility"?
edit on 25-11-2013 by eyezenmaitreya because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Ultimately, it was completely replaced by alphabetic writing (in the general sense) in the course of the Roman era and there are no Cuneiform systems in current use. For this reason, it had to be deciphered from scratch in 19th-century Assyriology. Successful completion of decipherment is dated to 1857.

source

It was first recorded by Pierre Méchain in 1786, but it was not recognized as a periodic comet until 1819 when its orbit was computed by Johann Franz Encke

source

Going by these dates its unlikely that they would have known.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Yes well i was talking about NASA knowing about Enki before it was announced to the public. Not about Enki being known about before Comet Encke.

I wasn't disputing about when Comet Encke was allegedly discovered. I however was disputing if NASA knew about Enki when they announced Comet Encke.

Which is undeniable...especially according to your evidence.

I apologize for not making it clearer what i was disputing, but i didn't want to simplify it too much.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

I appreciate your assistance in clarifying what i was trying to say a while ago.

Thank you for supporting it with evidence.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

eyezenmaitreya

Yes well i was talking about NASA knowing about Enki before it was announced to the public. Not about Enki being known about before Comet Encke.

I wasn't disputing about when Comet Encke was allegedly discovered. I however was disputing if NASA knew about Enki when they announced Comet Encke.

Which is undeniable...especially according to your evidence.

I apologize for not making it clearer what i was disputing, but i didn't want to simplify it too much.

NASA was founded in 1958...

Sooo... not sure how they could know about it since they didn't exist at the time.

NASA's wiki
edit on 26amTue, 26 Nov 2013 00:06:47 -060013TuesdayTuesday1311 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I was referring to the knowledge of them releasing it to the public. Like as of late a number of people have been talking about encke and ison as opposed to no one talking about encke between its flybys.

The point I am making is that its possible they are using it in comparison with Ison because its Encke, this flyby...not from when it was discovered. I guess you could say its too coincidental to be coincidence.

I am talking about when it was first being talked about again as of recent....not when it was discovered.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

I'm talking about what people are doing now in relation to it...not what people did in relation to it 100+years ago when Ison wasn't there as well. I honestly didn't think i would have to explain that.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I'm sure this has been mentioned many times, but we will be going right threw Ison's debris field around Jan. 14,15, 16, 2014.
Now if we had been in this position around Nov.2nd 2013, Ison would of had a almost direct hit on Earth, we would of surely been in the direct spray of it's tail.

So on or around Jan. 15, 2014 when we are right in the previous path of Ison, will there be thing in this path, like left overs what ever?

You know what I am referring to Newton's Law's of Motion. Object, object's.

The Blood Moon predicted in revelation of Bible, I could only see this to happen ,if caught in tail of Iron Comet, I think Iron oxide is Red?
edit on 26-11-2013 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

OOOOOO
I'

So on or around Jan. 15, 2014 when we are right in the previous path of Ison, will there be thing in this path, like left overs what ever?

You know what I am referring to Newton's Law's of Motion. Object, object's.

The tail of a comet, including ISON is a mix of small bits of dust, ice, and ionized gas. None of which pose a threat to the earth.

FYI: The Earth passes through denser material than this every year during the various meteor showers.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
NASA has been lying forever. Perhaps their real job is to monitor the fake moon that is being projected onto our atmosphere.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   

revolutionaryawareness
NASA has been lying forever. Perhaps their real job is to monitor the fake moon that is being projected onto our atmosphere.

LOL WUT?!

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by roncoallstar

Comet ISON is just closer to Stereo A than the the other one,. This is why it "looks bigger" see here:
closer

"" Still intact, on November 21 Comet ISON (C/2012 S1) swept into this animated field of view (left) from the HI-1 camera on the STEREO-A spacecraft. The camera has also captured periodic Comet Encke, Mercury, and Earth, with the Sun cropped out of the frame at the right, the source of the billowing solar wind. From STEREO's perspective in interplanetary space, planet Earth is actually the most distant of the group, seen in its orbit beyond the Sun. Mercury is closest, but both planets are still so bright they create sharp vertical lines in the camera's detector. Both comets clearly sport substantial tails, but ISON is closer to the camera and will continue to move more rapidly through the field. Cameras on STEREO and SOHO spacecraft will be able to follow Comet ISON as it falls towards its close encounter with the Sun on November 28, even as ISON gets more difficult to see in the bright dawn skies of planet Earth. ""

FYI Ison is just 3.5km wide and still scootin for a date with destiny. :0

cheers

Ro

edit on 26-11-2013 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

daryllyn
And, here is the video from BPEarthwatch, where he plays around with the contrast of hubble images and somehow.... comes to the conclusion that the comet is possibly being 'steered'.

He also has videos about Niburu, the annunaki being here, and some other fringe topics.

Let's see Nibiru, Annunaki, and fringe topics being discussed on a conspiracy forum. Imagine that.
Perhaps, you should spend less time in a place when you personally find those topics so fringe. Why are you attacking the OP instead of discussing the video that was posted? Lastly, just because you believe some astrophysicist does not mean they are correct or that everyone else should believe them because you said so. Every human has a brain if they know how to use it, they will. If you had actually been following the topic of Comet Ison for the past year you then would understand how ignorant you sound.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Gerizo

Let's see Nibiru, Annunaki, and fringe topics being discussed on a conspiracy forum. Imagine that.
Perhaps, you should spend less time in a place when you personally find those topics so fringe. Why are you attacking the OP instead of discussing the video that was posted? Lastly, just because you believe some astrophysicist does not mean they are correct or that everyone else should believe them because you said so. Every human has a brain if they know how to use it, they will. If you had actually been following the topic of Comet Ison for the past year you then would understand how ignorant you sound.

Hmmm, let me reword this from the rational perspective:

Let's see Nibiru, Annunaki and fringe topics are being discussed on a conspiracy forum which asks people to deny ignorance. Yet in the case of Sitchin and other debunked Ancient Astronaut profiteers we're told by the woo woo crowd that we should just shut up and look at the shoddy 'evidence' regardless of merit.

Why are you attacking the people who are denying ignorance when that's this site's motto? Ignorance comes in many forms and IGNORING rationality, basic science and logic are some of them.

Lastly, just because something is "fringe" doesn't make it relevant or even a valid topic of discussion. Contrary to what many who look at fringe topics believe, not all fringe ideas are created equal. Just because someone posts some video on youtube with their poorly understood interpretation of a benign event doesn't mean there is a conspiracy to hide the truth and that NASA, an agency which has seen their budget cut, year after year since the 1990s would hide the existence of an alien spacecraft, something that would propel their budget to near Apollo levels were it true.

If you actually studied comets or paid attention in 9th grade science class you'd realize how ignorant you sound.
edit on 26-11-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by roncoallstar

You should really watch more of BPEarths recent videos if you are very interested in the comet and the situation.

And you should get yourself a pair of good binoculars and watch the sky. Then you would know who the real liars are.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by eyezenmaitreya

Its funny how your story keeps changing every time there is an indication you are incorrect.

Yes, well especially since it can be FACTUALLY proven that it is named after Enki.

Yes well i was talking about NASA knowing about Enki before it was announced to the public.

I am talking about when it was first being talked about again as of recent....not when it was discovered.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JadeStar

Let's see Nibiru, Annunaki and fringe topics are being discussed on a conspiracy forum which asks people to deny ignorance. Yet in the case of Sitchin and other debunked Ancient Astronaut profiteers we're told by the woo woo crowd that we should just shut up and look at the shoddy 'evidence' regardless of merit.

Why are you attacking the people who are denying ignorance when that's this site's motto? Ignorance comes in many forms and IGNORING rationality, basic science and logic are some of them.

Thank you. Finally some much needed rationality in this thread.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Gerizo

Let's see Nibiru, Annunaki, and fringe topics being discussed on a conspiracy forum. Imagine that. Perhaps, you should spend less time in a place when you personally find those topics so fringe. Why are you attacking the OP instead of discussing the video that was posted?

Why is it considered 'attacking' when all I am doing is using facts to show that the information in the video is incorrect? I'm not being rude. I'm not insulting anyone. I'm not using personal attacks. I'm giving facts, from trusted and very reliable sources.

If you had actually been following the topic of Comet Ison for the past year you then would understand how ignorant you sound.

I have been following the topic... and I don't get how listening to an expert on the topic at hand makes me ignorant.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

revolutionaryawareness

What a well rounded soundly researched comment, supplied with impeccable sources!.......I doff my cap to you sir!

You are definitely not as mad as a box of frogs!

edit on 26/11/2013 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

daryllyn
reply to post by JadeStar

Thank you. Finally some much needed rationality in this thread.

I spotted the irrationality and rolled my eyes after the OP's third reply to you. I'm suprised you lasted this long !!

It is jaw dropping how gullable some people are especially when you research the history of Sitchin and his Nibiru.

This will not end until the comet has gone with a whimper, just like all the ones before.......what was the last end of world Nibiru event......hmmm......oh yes Elenin!!
edit on 26/11/2013 by yorkshirelad because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join