It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA is lying about Comet ISON.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

eyezenmaitreya
reply to post by daryllyn

daryllyn
And, here is the video from BPEarthwatch, where he plays around with the contrast of hubble images and somehow.... comes to the conclusion that the comet is possibly being 'steered'.

He also has videos about Niburu, the annunaki being here, and some other fringe topics.

So fringe topics are automatically incorrect because they aren't mainstream? Or are they just politically incorrect to you?

The reason i ask is because your wording implies that you think they are wrong. Which is fine by opinion's sake...but humanity doesn't know everything that goes on in the universe. Besides, even if the leaders and officials like NASA do...they wouldn't tell us anyway.

Am I not entitled to an opinion as to what I find credible and what I do not?

I don't find that those topics lend to his already faltering credibility. That's all I meant by that statement.

And, there are thousands of amateur astronomers out there that would be able to also see any large/dangerous/earth bound objects, and they would likely not ALL sit quietly in the event something of that magnitude were to happen...

In fact, a good portion of objects are discovered by amateurs/private astronomers, at which point, they are reported to the Minor Planet Center for verification. It all has a lot less to do with NASA specifically than most people think.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by roncoallstar

Quick lets all go to youtube and find our new trusted source of info that proves the nasas lias..

Imma bury my head in the sand so i dont get.killed when it hits. Why do the nasas always lie to us.

Oh my god...

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Its because those select individuals desire to assert their opinion over others as fact to seem important and justify whatever they do.

Its an "I'm right because i choose to look at some of the facts and present it as the whole picture." kind of mindset.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

roncoallstar

I want to know where you came upon proof that states that it is impossible for a comet to be steered by an ET etc.. You have none? Oh how cute...

Like I said, asking a question about a possibility or being open to one is NOT the same as believing something and taking it as 100% fact. This is something that you close minded people will never get, yet here you are, on the ATS forums for some unknown reason.

He thought enough of it to include it in the TITLE of the video..

Funny how I have been polite to you and you continue to put me down and patronize me. How cute.
edit on 25pmMon, 25 Nov 2013 20:10:41 -060013MondayMonday1311 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Then present it as an opinion not fact then.

You have to understand you're getting information that is potentially as equally wrong as what you claim to be inaccurate because of disbelief.

You stated that you'd rather believe an astrophysicist then BPEarthWatch because he has "credibility"...well where does that credibility come from?

It comes from him abiding by the rules of the system.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

roncoallstar

I want to know where you came upon proof that states that it is impossible for a comet to be steered by an ET etc.. You have none? Oh how cute...

Like I said, asking a question about a possibility or being open to one is NOT the same as believing something and taking it as 100% fact. This is something that you close minded people will never get, yet here you are, on the ATS forums for some unknown reason.

Ahha

"Stop arguing in my thread. Show me where he says the comet is being steered."

"Stop arguing in my thread. Prove teh aliens cant steer comets."

edit on 25-11-2013 by winofiend because: dumb tablet lol

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

eyezenmaitreya

Then present it as an opinion not fact then.

You have to understand you're getting information that is potentially as equally wrong as what you claim to be inaccurate because of disbelief.

You stated that you'd rather believe an astrophysicist then BPEarthWatch because he has "credibility"...well where does that credibility come from?

It comes from him abiding by the rules of the system.

It comes from the years of study that are required to become an astrophysicist in the first place.

I prefer hard data when it comes to comets, asteroids, or any near earth object over some guy playing around with the contrast/colors of images he got off the internet.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I think what many fail to grasp is that NASA isn't a bunch of guys in black suits with holstered pistols and ear peices who'll make you disappear - they are a group of older people / scientists that like to STUDY the known universe. They like to learn about the things that are flying around in space - they are not covering up Alien spacecraft and calling them comets or asteroids - they are normal people that went school, college and university because they were interested in a number of wonderful sciences.

What are they lying about?
Why are they lying?
What purpose would a lie serve?
What difference would it make if they said it was 350km or even 3500km - who gives a s#@t?
What will you do with that information? I reckon you'd tell a lot of people on the internet that will just ignore it...

I'm pretty sure that if ISON or any other comet whizzing around was a spacecraft NASA would be all over it trying to tell us. The problem would come directly from the Government, however.

Scientists want to tell people about their discoveries Governments wants people to be under control so they can profit from it.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

roncoallstar
reply to post by noonebutme

So sharing information is considered scare mongering now? I never claimed to be an expert, I am only relaying information. Some of you seem to be angry at me for some reason, when I am just relaying what I have found. I never said "This is my opinion and my opinion equals fact." If you can't handle someone elses opinion that is YOUR problem, but there is no reason to resort to insults like most of you have from the minute I posted this.

I thought I could come here to have a mature conversation but all I see are insults. You say I made this thread with no point. Are you high? Look at the title of the thread. That title is appropriate. I have provided proof in BP's channel (not just the video I posted) that NASA, on accident or not, has lied about the size of the comet. Prove me wrong without using insults and without vaguely referencing other astronomers and maybe we could have that meaningful conversation on ATS that you seem to long for.

Why should we not reference astronomers? They are the ones that actually do this kind of work. If you can relay information from someone on youtube.....then I can quote a professional. Like you said, " If you can't handle someone elses opinion that is YOUR problem."

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Ahha

"Stop arguing in my thread. Show me where he says the comet is being steered."

"Stop arguing in my thread. Prove teh aliens cant steer comets."

You almost owed me a new computer because... I almost spewed Dr. Pepper all over my keyboard after reading that comment...

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

So numbers can't be tweaked for personal gain? Sure seems like we hear of that an awful lot for it not to happen at all.

If stuff like that does happen it would permeate the system not affect only certain parts of it. In more simple terms you can't prove the data isn't wrong.

At least not till its obvious to everyone, who is lying and/or incorrect.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Here is the quote from the webiste you gave.

source: www.isoncampaign.org...

Notice the motion of the two comets. Notice the direction Encke is moving in, and then the direction ISON is coming in at. Then note that ISON is moving quite a bit quicker than Encke (both true in reality and because ISON is closer to the camera). See where I'm going? Or where the comets are going??

No they're not going to hit each other - in reality they are millions of miles apart - but as seen from the STEREO-A spacecraft, they are going to get very close! How close I don't know. Tomorrow I hope to give you that answer but it involves math and software, and it has been a long day. But regardless, we are probably a couple of days away from seeing two comets almost side-by-side in that camera, with long tails flowing behind them in the solar wind. To say that such an image will be unprecedented is rather an understatement.

Now the first thing I noticed, while reading the website, is how unsure the author is. Probably because he knows nothing more than we do. The second thing is that, when looking at the gif motion picture of Encke and Ison, I did get the picture what he meant for Encke moving in from the further point and Ison coming in from the opposite directon which is closer to the camera. However, the problem is that it`s very unclear footage and s... can be interpreted looking at it. You can`t say which one is bigger because you don`t know the distance between comets, distance to the camera and the excat trajectory. Even the author doesn`t know that as he admits that he doesn`t know how close they`ll get. In this statement it seems that trajectory is unknown and also the perception of the comets. Which brings us back to the beginning.

Like he said, we ll know more in the next days with math and software....and that was 21st. Today is 26th, so where is the update?? Does he know sth and not telling us??

link   
reply to post by crzayfool

I think what many other people fail to grasp, is that many people are aware that NASA isn't a bunch of guys in black suits with holstered pistols and ear pieces who'll make you disappear.

But that doesn't mean they don't have connections to such individuals.

link   

You are insulting myself, BPEarth and basically anyone else who believes NASA may not be trustworthy since your first post, how do you consider this polite?

I provided the link showing that Stereo A is in fact closer to Enki than ISON but you fail to even acknowledge that. I respect your opinion, but not when you are throwing hollow accusations. You say you wish people would do some actual research themselves, yet you failed to take your own advice. You relied on the opinion of a "trusted" source with credentials, without actually cross referencing it yourself.

Can we please stay on topic? This is not about me or anyone else. This topic is about the fact that the numbers are wrong

link   

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

You are insulting myself, BPEarth and basically anyone else who believes NASA may not be trustworthy since your first post, how do you consider this polite?

Since when are facts impolite?

I must have a lot of nerve coming into your thread with facts and logic... Shame on me.

You are just not happy with me, because I don't agree with you, the premise of the thread, or the source you gave. As Canucks pointed out, you have done nothing but continually insult those that disagree with you.

At least I can say I made my arguments without ad hominem attacks and name calling.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
A friendly reminder...

Personal attacks of any kind will not be tolerated. Please stick to the topic at hand and remain civil to your fellow ATSers.

Consider this fair warning.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

I am fairly new to ATS I will admit, and it is good to know that sharing information, no matter how absurd, is frowned upon on a UFO forum of all places. Not only that, sharing information is met with immediate hollow attacks by the community, calling you crazy. Furthermore, defending yourself is frowned upon even more.

Delete this topic for all I care, it's obvious we can't have an intelligent conversation anyway. I hope some of you at least found this information interesting.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Op3nM1nd3d

Within the text you quoted from my source... he says himself he needs time to do the math. That is why he is uncertain.

And, he definitely knows more than we do... he's an ASTROPHYSICIST

Karl Battams is an astrophysicist and computational scientist based at the Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) in Washington DC. He has operated the NASA-funded Sungrazing Comets Project since 2003. In addition to his comet work, he performs data analysis and visualizations for various ongoing solar physics projects within the NRL Space Science Division.

Source
edit on 25pmMon, 25 Nov 2013 20:37:49 -060013MondayMonday1311 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join