It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA is lying about Comet ISON.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by roncoallstar

Here are some more numbers for you, ISON from the site below is thought to possibly be 4-6 kms not 3-4 and this is why it did not disintegrate yet.
From this Site

and about why the comet has not disintegrated...
So, let us go back to our question. Why is comet ISON not disintegrating?

There are two reasons.
(1) The comet is a slow rotator, thus the powerfull centrifugal forces are not at play. This conclusion is supported by the slow rotational period of 15.7 hours that I found for the comet. And
(2) the comet is large, much larger than other comets that disintegrated. So gravity is holding it together. NASA researchers estimated that the nucleus is less than 4 km in diameter. From our own model calculations, the comet is even larger. I would not be surprised if in the final analysis the comet is 4-6 km in diameter. This conclusion is supported by the fact that non-gravitational forces have not been detected on this comet.

Latest findings point to larger than 3 to 4 km. It also now has a 582,666.54 year orbital period as of today, November 25th, not 400,864.54 provided on November 22nd by Alan B Chamberlain on JPL hmmm

Also it now as of today November 25th has an orbital period of 582,666.54 years , not 400,864.54 provided on November 22nd by Alan B Chamberlain on JPL hmmm

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

What exactly is wrong with your brain? Who said ANYTHING about someone steering a comet? Do you work for NASA? That is the only explanation I can come up with why you are putting words into my mouth.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

You gotta view official information about comets as you would science and government responses toward UFOs. Anybody remember the blatant lie they told us about Hale-Bopp's companion in 1997 that was plainly visible but they claimed didn't exist?

Turn a more critical eye to why science and government tend to hide some seemingly innocuous data about comets and skim over some of the more incredible, hard data details about those mysterious objects. After all, it is not like they are under intelligent control...are they?

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I came here offering information I have located which I feel is vital

But your information is wrong.

Best you have a rethink about who is lying to you my friend...

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

roncoallstar
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Math does not lie, that is NASA's job.

Astronomers make the calculations and then they are sent to the Minor Planet Center, where the information is made public.

The MPC is funded by NASA, but, its still not accurate to say that it is NASA's job.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

roncoallstar
OK I can already see where this is going and I see some of you are obviously not watching the video making such ignorant comments, so I will explain it for you.

They say ISON is roughly the same size as Enki, yet ISON is MUCH further than Enki from the camera, yet it appears gigantic. It's simple logic that a first grader could understand.
edit on 25-11-2013 by roncoallstar because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2013 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

Don't know how the fella in the video is doing his figuring, but according to this:
ISON is closer to STEREO-A than Encke is

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

1. It is not my information.
2. Prove it is wrong.
3. Your statement is hollow with out proof. I have provided proof for BPEarthWatch's claim, where is yours?

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

daryllyn
Everything I have seen, and I'm not talking about youtube, has shown that ISON isn't 'huge' by comet standards.

There is an incredible amount of fear mongering happening with this comet, much like we saw with Elenin...

And, people mistakenly blame NASA for all sorts of things....

OMG! NASA IS LYING! ITS COMING RIGHT FOR US! NEVER A STRAIGHT ANSWER!

Y'all give NASA far too much credit..

Stop the fear mongering.
Stop watching videos on youtube from people that have NO idea what they are talking about.
Read some actual documentation.. which there is plenty of.

edit on 25pmMon, 25 Nov 2013 18:16:54 -060013MondayMonday1311 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

So sad to live in a generation where you must absolutely be an 'expert or professionnal' of some sort to give an opinion which people will listen to. You understand we have been given a brain and mind to understand and analyze things by ourselves right?

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

These types of people are closed minded and don't want to hear anything other then what they already know.

For instance she probably never heard of this guy, so he has no say in the matter.

brucegary.net...

Little does she know this guy is doing more work and gathering more information on ISON than the almighty NASA and all their resources combined.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

roncoallstar

What exactly is wrong with your brain? Who said ANYTHING about someone steering a comet? Do you work for NASA? That is the only explanation I can come up with why you are putting words into my mouth.

No.

I told you that this guy, BPEarthwatch... the uploader of the videos YOU posted, believes the comet is being steered (there is a vid... imagine that), and I told you that, to show you that he isn't exactly credible, to help you understand that you should not believe his videos are 100 percent accurate.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I'm just looking for a decent show like Hale-Bopp. If it hits us, big deal...what are we going to do about that anyways?

But I will be disappointed if it's tail is ripped off after passing the sun. It'll be a no-show then.

Why does anyone care that a big ass rock is going to strike the earth? No one in power takes it seriously, so why should we? The tech is just not there to stop it. If it happens, it happens. BTW, that would be a pretty cool last minute of life show.
edit on 25-11-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Thanks for information, im looking anything else than nasa sources for information, not just ISON but for anything, i consider nasa as liers and corrupted place but that just me, dun care if others find them legit or not.. Keep em coming videos on ISON its exciting times indeed!

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

OK, please provide a link to the video with the EXACT time he claims that a comet is being steered by ETs or whatever. I have followed him and he has NEVER made such a claim. Asking a question and being open to a possibility does not make one any less credible. It is close minded people like yourself that have ZERO credibility in my opinion.

In fact, I think this will be my last reply to you.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

daryllyn

roncoallstar

No.

I told you that this guy, BPEarthwatch... the uploader of the videos YOU posted, believes the comet is being steered (there is a vid... imagine that), and I told you that, to show you that he isn't exactly credible, to help you understand that you should not believe his videos are 100 percent accurate.

Oh, how generous of you to prove that this guy is simply human.
Now the question I ask is: are NASA's claims 100 percent accurate? Have they ever been wrong? Do they make mistakes? And the most crucial of all, could they lie to us for the 'benefit' of all?

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
ok,
So here we have the op linking us to somewhere that says encke is closer to stereo-a then ISON
And then we have Pauligirl link us to somewhere that says the opposite- that ISON is nearer to stereo-a than encke.
So who are we to believe?
See the problem here? its one word against another.
So just to throw a spanner in there, im gonna say you're both wrong

Well one of yiz is....

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

BPEarthWatch is 100% correct, he PROVES it using the different satellites and imaging, as well as a 3d ISON simulator. This guy knows what he is doing I have followed him for a long time. He would not make such an large error and if he did believe me myself and his subscribers would let him know. Take that for what you will.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

So sad to live in a generation where you must absolutely be an 'expert or professionnal' of some sort to give an opinion which people will listen to. You understand we have been given a brain and mind to understand and analyze things by ourselves right?

Do you understand the math and the science that goes into calculating the trajectories and estimating the sizes of comets? It's not something that can just be 'picked up'.

And the claims in the first video have already been debunked in this very thread by another member.

Below is a link to an article that says ISON is in fact closer to Stereo-A than Encke, contrary to what the first video says, which is what this thread was based off of.

Source

The guy running and posting on the website I linked.... is an astrophysicist with some pretty impressive credentials.

Karl Battams' Credentials

Who do you want to listen to?

A guy (BPEarthwatch) that thinks comet ISON is being steered, who apparently has directions wayyyy off?

Or an astrophysicist?

I'm going to go with Karl, the astrophysicist.
edit on 25pmMon, 25 Nov 2013 19:12:09 -060013MondayMonday1311 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I've seen a few videos on-line recently that suggest this isn't going to pass unnoticed.
Apparently this is our tenth planet, it's it's own solar system and it's trailing a-lot of junk.
If the Earth survives a pass-by it'll still be showered with debris.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

SecretKnowledge
ok,
So here we have the op linking us to somewhere that says encke is closer to stereo-a then ISON
And then we have Pauligirl link us to somewhere that says the opposite- that ISON is nearer to stereo-a than encke.
So who are we to believe?
See the problem here? its one word against another.
So just to throw a spanner in there, im gonna say you're both wrong

Well one of yiz is....

Except for the one that was linked to by Pauligirl is by an astrophysicist, who's credentials can be confirmed... which I did in the post I made right before this one.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Seems to me that NASA more often correct then all the doom purveyors and book sellers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join