It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA is lying about Comet ISON.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

edit on 27-11-2013 by Gerizo because: Hit button bymistake.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

ImpactoR
Oh if a comet were to hit the Earth it would be catastrophic. However, I don't see how anyone knows the trajectory of the comet after it goes round the sun to return to the direction of the Oort cloud when it's not even certain what would remain from the comet when it gets close enough to the sun.

Kepler's Laws of Motion and orbital dynamics

Unless the comet were to outgas in a major way its going to stay on a course which follows Kepler's Laws.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

JadeStar

Gerizo

Let's see Nibiru, Annunaki, and fringe topics being discussed on a conspiracy forum. Imagine that.
Perhaps, you should spend less time in a place when you personally find those topics so fringe. Why are you attacking the OP instead of discussing the video that was posted? Lastly, just because you believe some astrophysicist does not mean they are correct or that everyone else should believe them because you said so. Every human has a brain if they know how to use it, they will. If you had actually been following the topic of Comet Ison for the past year you then would understand how ignorant you sound.

Hmmm, let me reword this from the rational perspective:

Let's see Nibiru, Annunaki and fringe topics are being discussed on a conspiracy forum which asks people to deny ignorance. Yet in the case of Sitchin and other debunked Ancient Astronaut profiteers we're told by the woo woo crowd that we should just shut up and look at the shoddy 'evidence' regardless of merit.

Why are you attacking the people who are denying ignorance when that's this site's motto? Ignorance comes in many forms and IGNORING rationality, basic science and logic are some of them.

Lastly, just because something is "fringe" doesn't make it relevant or even a valid topic of discussion. Contrary to what many who look at fringe topics believe, not all fringe ideas are created equal. Just because someone posts some video on youtube with their poorly understood interpretation of a benign event doesn't mean there is a conspiracy to hide the truth and that NASA, an agency which has seen their budget cut, year after year since the 1990s would hide the existence of an alien spacecraft, something that would propel their budget to near Apollo levels were it true.

If you actually studied comets or paid attention in 9th grade science class you'd realize how ignorant you sound.
edit on 26-11-2013 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

Thanks for copying basically the same thing in the first sentence. Very original but I don't understand where you were going with that. I did not mention Sitchin or ancient alien theory. Who's the woo woo crowd? Friends of yours from the looney bin? Last time I checked Sitchin actually went to many historic sites and wrote many books about his findings and worked with the US government and the Vatican. So that by default makes him more credible than you, Mr. online armchair expert of opinion. Who was attacking who here? I merely pointed that out and here you come trying to play a hero to try and save the day. Thanks for your definition of ignorance. Not sure why you are rambling on about it. Same thing with the fringe thing, pointless ramble. Just because someone posts in a reply on ATS with their poor interpretation of a benign event doesn't make them anymore correct or help the fact that they don't know when to properly end a sentence. Did you proof read what you wrote at all?

NASA is ran by the government where all of the juicy information is compartmentalized and classified. NASA has shown U.F.O.s in their own footage guy, so if you think they are telling you everything or are allowed to tell you then you are a bit behind in the curve. Since you do not know what my intelligence level is or what I know about comets you sir have no right to judge me. Talk about denying ignorance. Speaking of 9th grade, someone never learned the definition of the word FOOL.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Gerizo
and worked with the US government and the Vatican.

What evidence do you have for that claim?

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

hellobruce

Gerizo

Just watched a (uk) Horizon tv special about Ison, lots of independent scientists were interviewed and shown, all seems totally plausible. Also MANY had absolutely no affiliation with NASA at all. Are they all in this conspiracy?

There is no way at all this is a cover up, NASA are not lying. By the looks of things ISON isn't even going to be that special.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reports now saying that Comet ISON most likely did not survive its close pass to the sun:

Comet ISON likely destroyed by Sun.

RIP Comet ISON
edit on 28-11-2013 by gavron because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gavron

The very latest reports say that a little part of it may have survived. Still not looking good for the doom sayers on youtube and elsewhere who have been forecasting our imminent demise

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

doorhandle

hellobruce

Gerizo

Just watched a (uk) Horizon tv special about Ison, lots of independent scientists were interviewed and shown, all seems totally plausible. Also MANY had absolutely no affiliation with NASA at all. Are they all in this conspiracy?

There is no way at all this is a cover up, NASA are not lying. By the looks of things ISON isn't even going to be that special.

How plausible is "plausible"?

I mean, it is plausible that the Earth will get fried and broiled by a gamma ray burst from deep space tomorrow, but I'm not sure if the probability of that happening makes it worth spending a lot of time talking about, much less worrying about.

I'm sure it is plausible (as JadeStar pointed out) that a piece of ISON may outgas in such a way that it could change its orbit and head towards Earth, but I would say the chances are too slim to make a fuss over. There are greater threats to Earth than that.

edit on 11/29/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

zilebeliveunknown
reply to post by roncoallstar

Guess what? NASA isn't the only space agency in the world, so other agencies are lying as well?
And thousands of amateur astronomers around the world?
I'm facepalming myself right now...

The other mafia men, under the head one, obey on pain of death. And yes, they are lying.

Ison Update: Fragmented Ison serverly spinning out of Control

Even the fragment is pretty big.
edit on 29-11-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
ISON BLEW UP SIR !!!
You will NOT be seeing it again, the Sun Ate it...

Fear over, now back to you life or whats left of it.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

awesome footage, thanks for posting.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
if anyone is into telescopes, there is some good info here on observing ISON from the UK

www.telescopehouse.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
BPEarthWatch

edit on 29-11-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   

starchild10
reply to post by gavron

The very latest reports say that a little part of it may have survived. Still not looking good for the doom sayers on youtube and elsewhere who have been forecasting our imminent demise

They will be back with the next bright comet quoting pseudoscience from their favorites like Sitchin and Velikovsky.

New iceball, same old ---t. Pretty much.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Unity_99
Ison Update: Fragmented Ison serverly spinning out of Control

What does that even mean? To say that it's out of control implies that there was some form of control beforehand. It's still following the path predicted by Kepler's laws, nothing is 'out of control'.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

1. It is not my information.

You believe it, you brought it here. As far as ATS is concerned, it's yours. Don't try to disown it now.

2. Prove it is wrong.

No, you brought it here. Better defend it if you want us to stop laughing at you, freshman.

3. Your statement is hollow with out proof. I have provided proof for BPEarthWatch's claim, where is yours?

You have proved nothing, and till you do, you're just another apprentice conspiracy-monger that don't scare anybody. Nobody believes you except the usual desperate souls who want science to be wrong so they can go on believing in fairies.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join