It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA is lying about Comet ISON.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
If you are interested in Comet ISON and since the only words coming out of NASA's mouth are lies, I encourage others to follow BPEarthWatch at the very least. He and others are doing NASA's job for them, and what he is finding is astonishing. Watch this and anyone with a functioning brain can CLEARLY see the lie, unless of course we are to believe the figure 3.5k is a typo.

This thing is gigantic and a LOT larger than NASA is admitting. Why? The only reason I am posting this here is because I didn't know where else to post it, and also because of this video BPEarthWatch posted that may or may not have some sort of connection to the Ancient Astronaut theory.

This is a monumental event and NASA is acting like it is not a very big deal. Well, the pictures don't lie, and we could be in for an earth changing event. The thing is, comets are so unpredictable that we have no idea what the outcome will be, I don't care what any "scientist" says. You should really watch more of BPEarths recent videos if you are very interested in the comet and the situation. He goes into great detail and you will see a bigger picture of what is going on. God knows NASA isn't saying anything...

+21 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by roncoallstar

Guess what? NASA isn't the only space agency in the world, so other agencies are lying as well?
And thousands of amateur astronomers around the world?
I'm facepalming myself right now...

+25 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Just like they were lying about Elenin huh?
Just like they were lying about Hale Bop?

Every comet can't be an alien space craft/Nibiru/Annunakis/reptilians.
Yet every time a comet comes along that's what we hear, and every time nothing happens.

Can we just once have a comet come by and just enjoy it for it's pretty light without making stuff up? Just once?

Please

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Huh? Did either of you even bother watching the video? Or do you just suck at math?

For the record I am not some conspiracy nut, I never said anything about previous comets, I am talking about the LIE that is as clear as day in the 3.5km figure, nothing more, nothing less.
edit on 25-11-2013 by roncoallstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Everything I have seen, and I'm not talking about youtube, has shown that ISON isn't 'huge' by comet standards.

There is an incredible amount of fear mongering happening with this comet, much like we saw with Elenin...

And, people mistakenly blame NASA for all sorts of things....

OMG! NASA IS LYING! ITS COMING RIGHT FOR US! NEVER A STRAIGHT ANSWER!

Y'all give NASA far too much credit..

Stop the fear mongering.
Stop watching videos on youtube from people that have NO idea what they are talking about.
Read some actual documentation.. which there is plenty of.

edit on 25pmMon, 25 Nov 2013 18:16:54 -060013MondayMonday1311 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Who`s NASA ?

Who`s BPEarthWatch ?

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I have no idea how big or small Ison is. I just want to see it!

I have finally found an excellent online ISON tracker that will show anybody where it is in the sky at any time for the next month or so. If you're interested in catching a glimpse, here's a must see page. Sorry if someone has posted this already. I'm new here!

www.solarsystemscope.com...

Edit - Click on Earth View (upper left) for ground view, set your location and date and time on upper right.
edit on 25-11-2013 by teslarocks because: (no reason given)

(post by roncoallstar removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

BPEarthWatch has no idea what he is talking about? Why? Because you never heard of him? Solid logic there.

edit on 25-11-2013 by roncoallstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Hey, there's thousands of comets in the solar system. ISON may not even survive its solar passage, but if it does it could well be one of the best celestial shows ever documented.

Enjoy!

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

roncoallstar
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

I watched the video.

Even if it IS 'massive' its still going to be 40 million miles away at its closest point.

edit on Mon Nov 25 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

link   
If you're talking about the size (3.5 km), I thought I had understood that the thing was more like 250 km in diameter. I don't know why that number is sticking out to me.

As far as those images... I believe that pattern is just a function of the filter creating some aliasing that results in that kind of a pattern. Yes, it does like the flower of life, but that type of geometric pattern isn't all that complex. It's just interference patterns.

link   

Rather than be insulting and rather than expecting everyone to simply watch what is one of hundreds or thousands of videos give a GOOD summary of what the video says. Use the description as a tease to make us curious to watch. Also understand that for one of many reasons some folks cannot watch videos. No disrespect intended just some feedback.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

They say ISON is roughly the same size as Enki

True true

yet ISON is MUCH further than Enki from the camera, yet it appears gigantic

True, it appears bigger

It's simple logic that a first grader could understand.

That logic would be that ISON has a much bigger coma and radiating light more rapidly due to its composition.

eta: the second video, well, overprocessed images creating all sorts of crazy things
edit on 25-11-2013 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

OK? Who said anything about the comet coming any close than that? I don't know why you are attacking me but don't you could at least stay on topic instead of attacking me and random youtube users who you obviously know nothing about.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by whywhynot

I didn't intend to insult anyone but I will be damned if I am insulted first and don't defend myself. I came here offering information I have located which I feel is vital. Don't hate the messenger.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

You do realize that coma size has nothing to do with nucleus size right? ISON is has roughly the same diameter as Comet Holmes yet it's coma is nowhere even comparable. At one point its coma flared to be larger than the Sun. That however doesn't change the fact that its nucleus was only 3.4 km across.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I understand that. If you watch the rest of the videos leading up to this event in the past week, we recently have a CLEAR picture of the nucleus after the coma was stripped away by an xflare, and the thing is at LEAST 20km big, and that is a minimum.

Math does not lie, that is NASA's job.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

roncoallstar

OK? Who said anything about the comet coming any close than that? I don't know why you are attacking me but don't you could at least stay on topic instead of attacking me and random youtube users who you obviously know nothing about.

This same guy, BP earth watch, the guy from the youtube video that YOU posted, also thinks that something is steering comet ISON. He uploaded a video saying so.

Enough said.

(Edited to make it clearer since you seemed to completely miss the point)
edit on 25pmMon, 25 Nov 2013 18:43:57 -060013MondayMonday1311 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join