It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Evolution Group Files Lawsuit Against Kansas Education Board Over New Science Standards

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

Ignorant also.
Goodbye.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

SisyphusRidethat's all I hear anymore from the European atheist.

at this stage of the game,I think it's fair to say that the only thing you're hearing is the echo of the blood in your head. you're certainly not hearing anything anybody else has to say. It's almost like arguing with my son except he understands the importance of science.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

actually in my head I like to envision the next songs Englishmen will write...

they are all going to be about begging for a Christian nation, one where freedom of though is respected, amongst other things the UK was free of 20 years ago.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

boymonkey74

Ignorant also.
Goodbye.

those ignorant god fearing Americans saved your behinds in WW2 and this is the thanks their progeny gets?

and you wonder why Americans do not like British people? we probably should have let the Germans have em... Britain is only doing damage to western civilized nations now.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

SisyphusRide

they are all going to be about begging for a Christian nation, one where freedom of though is respected, amongst other things the UK was free of 20 years ago.

what alternate universe do you live in? There are many endearing things about Christianity but freedom of thought is definitely not something they advocate. NOBODY, let alone the British, will be begging for a Christian nation. I saw first hand how those fine southern Christians show their love for Jesus when I was stationed at Ft. Benning. 2 words come to mind when I think of them, ignorant and hypocritical.

those ignorant god fearing Americans saved your behinds in WW2 and this is the thanks their progeny gets?

and you wonder why Americans do not like British people? we probably should have let the Germans have em... Britain is only doing damage to western civilized nations now.

You have this bizarre notion that America is a country based on Christianity and espouses those ideals wherever it treads which is completely contrary to how we were founded as well as the thoughts of most founding fathers. Hell, Thomas Jefferson made his own version of the bible because he felt the original or at that time likely the KJV, was entirely too overstuffed with ridiculous magic. Which Americans, besides you, don't like the British? I know many fine Brits and always look forward to their company. Or does that mean I'm a Darwin loving satanic atheist? If so good, lets have a pint but speak for yourself not all of America when you slander my friends across the pond.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

That's right try and change History why don't you....
Ok It wasn't just the Americans who fought in ww2, we did for a few years before you guys got involved as many other nations did, yes you helped us but more intelligent Americans than yourself will understand why you joined in. Self preservation, If the Germans took over the UK that would have meant taking over the Navy also (biggest in the world at the time) and the US would have been annexed in until they joined the Nazis. Churchill knew this and so did Roosevelt.
Plus it made the USA very rich, we only payed back the debt a few years back.
Personally I thank the Russians more than the Americans in WW2, they were the ones who lost most.
Typical uneducated American falling for Hollywoods version of WW2.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

So Americans hate the British people....Your Mom sure didn't when I last went over there
jk btw.
But when I went to the states I had to fight off the women...pity my bird was with me

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

SisyphusRide

I'm not English. Your insults are therefore wasted on me. And I think that the UK has more freedom of thought than in your pitifully small-minded corner of the US.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

SisyphusRide

boymonkey74

Ignorant also.
Goodbye.

Thanks for confirming, in front of everyone, again, that you don't have the faintest idea what you're talking about. If I were you I'd stop embarrassing myself so publically.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

in front of everyone? yeah man the whole world already knows...

the sun is setting folks, pack your shyte... you're going away. -George Carlin

...here's a song though cause I love you

edit on nd060813p02u08R06 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

AngryCymraeg

SisyphusRide

I'm not English. Your insults are therefore wasted on me. And I think that the UK has more freedom of thought than in your pitifully small-minded corner of the US.

if you were, you might want to keep that information to yourself on the internet.

on the contrary I am proud to be an American

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

boymonkey74

So Americans hate the British people....

Hate? ...sir that is some strong language, maybe you need an eye check-up

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

peter vlar

SisyphusRide

what alternate universe do you live in? There are many endearing things about Christianity but freedom of thought is definitely not something they advocate. NOBODY, let alone the British, will be begging for a Christian nation. I saw first hand how those fine southern Christians show their love for Jesus when I was stationed at Ft. Benning. 2 words come to mind when I think of them, ignorant and hypocritical.
sometimes love just isn't rational... you understand right? considering you maybe only seen one or two southern zionists, and there are something on the order of 3 Billion Christians globally.

peter vlarYou have this bizarre notion that America is a country based on Christianity
what does this have to do with what you quoted me?

therefore you will understand why I do not acknowledge anything that was written after and subsequently did not read it... I like my debates a little more scientific than that.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Are you just trolling to get your post count higher? Can't you reply to multiple posts inside single post? Not sure why moderators allow that, but none of my business either. It is just silly to see 4-5 replies.

Back to topic, this is what this group wants:

"The state's job is simply to say to students, `How life arises continues to be a scientific mystery and there are competing ideas about it,"' said John Calvert, a Lake Quivira attorney involved in the lawsuit.

It is not actually to declare ID as only option, but that it is 'mystery' how life came into existence and evolved since then. Of course none of those folks have slightest idea how evolution and abiogenesis work.

Calvert was a key figure in past Kansas evolution debates as a founder of the Intelligent Design Network, contending that life is too complex to have developed through unguided evolution. Joshua Rosenau, programs and policy director for the Oakland, Calif.-based National Center for Science Education, said Calvert has been making such an argument for years and "no one in the legal community has put much stock in it."

Just as Dr. Tyson has said, soon they will propagate 'evolution', but now it will be 'guided evolution', as life is too complex to be explained by evolution?! Really?

Calvert said the new standards are particularly troubling because students would start learning evolutionary concepts in kindergarten.

"By the time you get into the third grade, you learn all the essential elements of Darwinian evolution," Calvert said. "By the time you're in middle school, you're a Darwinist."

And this is what most worries them - by promoting science, people will less believe in fairy tales.

Some time ago I would say, give education couple of generations and people will learn the truth about religions, but now I am more sure that it might be done even in our life time... Internet and schools made it possible... and folks like this group actually help to promote science... as they really don't offer anything other then fairy tales...

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

SisyphusRide

AngryCymraeg

SisyphusRide

if you were, you might want to keep that information to yourself on the internet.

on the contrary I am proud to be an American

And you are perfectly right to be proud to be an American. My wife is American. But I'm still not English and it's hideously clear that you don't understand the British.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

tsingtao
so did you stop giving her presents? or just from santa?
i hope you told her the truth about the elves and rudolf.

did she tell all her friends?

Not sure, but looks like you are thinking that we are some kind of devils...

She still gets presents and she still gives her presents to teacher. She is not running to other kids to tell them 'truth', but rather keeping it for her self. As far as I know, she is not discussing religion with anyone, nor she would be able to discuss anything as we did not teach her anything about it.

What I find incredible that some older people, like girl that works with my cousin got offended when she was told Santa is not real?! She is in her 20's and even discussion made her uncomfortable. How do you explain that?

As for reindeer and elves, she loves Harry Potter and is well aware that it is all fiction, made up stuff.

That still does not mean that she does not like movie or can't dream about magic...

edit on 3-12-2013 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join