It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Evolution Group Files Lawsuit Against Kansas Education Board Over New Science Standards

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

SisyphusRide
if something is a fact... then why does it require your belief in it?

Then I will rephrase; I find evolution to be factual.

the question was if I think that evolution and atheism are one and the same, not about whether I "believe" in evolution. I provided the context for you knowing that your question was loaded... and flawed.

I find them to be dissimilar. One (Atheism) is a theological belief/non-belief, the other (evolution) is a proven scientific theory and they both have nothing to do with one another.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

SisyphusRide

AugustusMasonicus

SisyphusRide
evolution and atheism walk hand in hand, although they are two separate things on the books, it is hard to tear one away from the other.

Well I guess I fall into your 2% category as I am not an Atheist but I firmly believe in evolution (and it is not 'Darwinian evolution').

if something is a fact... then why does it require your belief in it?

we know the sun rises in the east, it's not something I have to believe in.

the question was if I think that evolution and atheism are one and the same, not about whether I "believe" in evolution. I provided the context for you knowing that your question was loaded... and flawed.

You really do have a bee in your bonnet about this don't you?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

SisyphusRide

peter vlar

SisyphusRide

AugustusMasonicus

SisyphusRide
...no comment

Too difficult to answer?

because evolution shows how the world is... not how the world should be.

and scripture shows how the world was 2000+ years ago. why is that then the superior way to view the world?

so then are you admitting to the historicity of the Bible?

you should try the New Testament... I'm a new testament kind of guy, so the old testament is history to me too.

least we now have something in common...

No I'm saying that the bible has been written at that period of time in order to tell the people of those periods how to live. It's a window to the past that shows a way of life much like how Dickens novels illustrate early 19th century Brittain. Haven't we gone over this before? I know that the whe avoiding answering a direct question is nothing new on your end but come on, it's getting a little tiresome playing feed the troll here.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

peter vlar

SisyphusRide

peter vlar

SisyphusRide

AugustusMasonicus

SisyphusRide
...no comment

Too difficult to answer?

and scripture shows how the world was 2000+ years ago. why is that then the superior way to view the world?

you should try the New Testament... I'm a new testament kind of guy, so the old testament is history to me too.

No I'm saying that the bible has been written at that period of time in order to tell the people of those periods how to live.

so you believe in the bible then right? because you can't use example of something you reject or do not believe in.

the mind is a terrible thing to taste... this is why I like mine aged, and seasoned to perfection.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

Nonsense. Of course you can quote from something that you don't believe in if that shows how silly or deluded you believe it to be.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

SisyphusRide

peter vlar

SisyphusRide

peter vlar

SisyphusRide

AugustusMasonicus

SisyphusRide
...no comment

Too difficult to answer?

No I'm saying that the bible has been written at that period of time in order to tell the people of those periods how to live.

so you believe in the bible then right? because you can't use example of something you reject or do not believe in.

the mind is a terrible thing to taste... this is why I like mine aged, and seasoned to perfection.

I think this has been explained ad nauseum. Stop the games and answer people's questions. You think you're clever but its quite clear that your a coward who lacks the courage of our conviction if you can't address a direct question in a direct fashion. You are a troll and nothing more. You know damned well I think the bible is a historical allegory with one foot in reality and the other la la land. I've equated it with Dickensian novels many times. I, unlike yourself have been quite clear. Perhaps your own pervasive obtuseness is clouding your thoughts? There's a whole world out there so come in out from under your bridge and see the Forrest for the trees.
edit on 1-12-2013 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

do you have any questions?

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

AngryCymraeg

Nonsense. Of course you can quote from something that you don't believe in if that shows how silly or deluded you believe it to be.

what is it that I don't believe... that the sun rises in the east?

Darwinian Evolution doesn't require my belief.
edit on st323813p04u38R32 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

SisyphusRide

AngryCymraeg

what is it that I don't believe... that the sun rises in the east?

Darwinian Evolution doesn't require my belief.
edit on st323813p04u38R32 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

And yet Darwinian Evolution (which is a somewhat inaccurate title, as we now know far more about it than Darwin ever did) is still a scientifically viable theory with a wealth of conclusive evidence behind it. I'm sorry if this flies against your own beliefs.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

AugustusMasonicus

SisyphusRide
evolution and atheism walk hand in hand, although they are two separate things on the books, it is hard to tear one away from the other.

Well I guess I fall into your 2% category as I am not an Atheist but I firmly believe in evolution (and it is not 'Darwinian evolution').

it's all good... I am aware of the different ways evolution can be used, and it is interesting none the less. I remember learning about Darwinian style evolution right around the same time I was learning my multiplication tables, lo I didn't have any idea where it would go an transform into.

I've assimilated Darwinian evolution enough to know that it doesn't say much at all concerning the questions of my interest.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

AngryCymraeg
I'm sorry if this flies against your own beliefs.

it doesn't fly against my beliefs... it flies against yours.

and the group of atheists who use evolution so they do not feel guilty about persecution from the eye in the sky. But somehow they know what it right and wrong, most nations laws are derived from the morality of the bible... I couldn't even see our civilization existing without it, or if had never been.

...I can read your mind

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

???? Sorry, but I fail to see your point. Evolution has a scientific consensus behind it. It had concrete, verifiable evidence behind it. All Creationism has is a rather iffy book that's been rewritten over the years.
Case closed.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
You guys in the States should fight this with tooth and nail, do you want a more stupid populace in the future? then let the religious idiots who can't even fathom that evolution and God can go hand in hand carry on and destroy education.
I can honestly see the rest of the world walling the USA in in a couple of hundred years If you let the religious mess with education.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I don't know if I should even call males from the UK men... but UK really should be concentrating on Islam, because the peoples of UK will be speaking Urdu and Farsi before long.

UK atheists would have better luck and results if they focused on converting people to Christianity, the founding principals of their western civilization. Or they could be focusing on getting the heck out and moving to the United States... we already have a lot of them here, and believe me I know why they've left, the song can only be sung so much.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

AngryCymraeg

???? Sorry, but I fail to see your point. Evolution has a scientific consensus behind it. It had concrete, verifiable evidence behind it. All Creationism has is a rather iffy book that's been rewritten over the years.
Case closed.

bravo! the broken mr dawkins record routine again...

and this has what to do with my beliefs, my questions and concerns?

did you realize Dawkins said asking "why" is a silly question?

it's not very scientific imo, and it is only a conditioning for a mindless automaton.
edit on st221313p07u13R22 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

So we are not men eh? boy you really don't know us Brit's do you.
Go on try and insult British men again.
edit on 1-12-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Are they teaching this as creation theory though...The universes are made by Lord Brahma the Creator, maintained by Lord Vishnu the Preserver and destroyed by Lord Shiva. Since the universes must be destroyed before they can be recreated, Lord Shiva is called the Destroyer and Re-creator. These three gods are all forms of Supreme One and part of the Supreme One. The Supreme One is behind and beyond all.
After each old universe is destroyed nothing is left but a vast ocean. Floating on this ocean, resting on the great snake Ananta, is Lord Vishnu. Some say that a lotus flower springs from his navel and from this comes Lord Brahma. And it is from Lord Brahma that all creation comes.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

your songs reflect the death throes.... that's all I hear anymore from the European atheist.

Adapting a new philosophy is not saving the UK, instead they should have strengthened their founding principals. First by not allowing a new system of law in their land...
edit on st393213p0700000032R39 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Not fussed about the #e you spout at the moment I just want to know why you diss the British man by saying we are not men.
In fact don't bother I refuse to talk to an obvious pseudo intellectual who is in fact an idiot who doesn't accept anything but his own stupid ego.
The facts are right there in plain sight but idiots refuse to open their eyes.
Moronic.
edit on 1-12-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

hey... you could be a girl for all I know? it is not directed at you, it is just more of an observation from street level USA.

I got it from somewhere...?

I don't even know if the UK is a nation anymore so you could be correct, because I have never seen a western civilization calling themselves a nation but having double standards (Sharia Courts)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join