It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The report on Sandy Hook has just been released by the state's attorney's office.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Asktheanimals
A quick thought on the sweatshirts.
Wouldn't it make sense to cover any guns you put in the car?
If you had a shotgun and an AR how many sweatshirts would you need?
There ya go.
edit on 9-12-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

that would make sense, given that the report states that they found the shotgun in the passenger compartment of the civic....

though, they could also have been used by the other (theoretical) shooters, to conceal tactical gear, so as not to draw attention at traffic lights....

the problem i have with the covering guns idea is that they claim the shotgun was in the car, and never used at the school, but as i stated earlier in the thread, i believe it was the first newtown officer on the scene reported over the radio, the presence of spent shotgun shells...so something isn't adding up with that...

but i will give you this one, your idea is plausible.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

RobinB022
reply to post by Helious

Fight nice, kids.....you're being watched...

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

I'm sorry if I offended anyone. Honestly. I really shouldn't have been commenting that night anyway-as I was exhausted. No excuse.

It irks me whenever words are taken out of context. Whenever I mentioned the sweatshirts in my previous post (last week), I was trying to explain that often-times a person with OCD may act different during stressful situations. And while they may normally change their clothes frequently, or wash their hands 50 times a day, they might not do those things in a very stressful situation, or during times of fight or flight.

Yes, I was mostly giving an opinion as I don't know the facts/truth, even as I read parts of the report I didn't feel comfortable in thinking those were facts in all cases.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Daedalus
...that would make sense, given that the report states that they found the shotgun in the passenger compartment of the civic....

though, they could also have been used by the other (theoretical) shooters, to conceal tactical gear, so as not to draw attention at traffic lights....

the problem i have with the covering guns idea is that they claim the shotgun was in the car, and never used at the school, but as i stated earlier in the thread, i believe it was the first newtown officer on the scene reported over the radio, the presence of spent shotgun shells...so something isn't adding up with that...

Thanks for responding to my previous post... I am responding to your response to asktheanimals so as not to forget to address something therein...

I recall, at the time, a lot of conversation (on threads relating to the tragedy as it unfolded) regarding the "chatter" and "conversation" on emergency/other services channels -- some things/issues were taken out of context -- but, one would think that all that traffic would have been recorded (and thus, should be available, now), with as much attention and emotion as was incumbent with the situation...
Are you aware of any such "repository" or portions thereof, anywhere, for cataloguing &/or preservation?

It would certainly be nice to be able to verify if "the first Newtown officer on scene reported over the radio, the presence of spent shotgun shells..." ...

Thanks, again, for your previous response.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
While the idealist in me believes that many of our outstanding issues/questions/anomalies will be clarified by the forthcoming report from the State Police, the realist in me isn't so confident that will be the case...

I find myself uncomfortable by today's edict that the media is not welcome on Saturday. While I think that, here in the US, the government & media goes a touch overboard in these constant remembrances because in the same way the initial coverage of any domestic tragedy tries to make the American viewer who may live hundreds or thousands of miles away from where that tragedy occurred feel like a direct victim of a tragedy that is being covered, the wall-to-wall coverage of these 'anniversaries' does re-victimizes the viewer. Personally I think that such sad anniversaries/commemorations are private, personal and those who lost a loved one should not have to deal with cameras in their faces because the first anniversary of the death of a loved one is hard enough to deal with.

That being said, considering so many in Newtown have used the media to push policy initiatives and noting that on the anniversaries of other "major" school shootings the new media has not interrupted or surprised families at grave sites or spiritual services (rather any such coverage has always been well-coordinated with the interviewee and not at all intrusive); frankly it is quite peculiar to hear a demand that the media not be within the city limits on Saturday and it is unsettling that the statements, from the news organizations that have announced they will comply, demonizes any media outlet that may choose not to comply. This potentially will set a dangerous precedent that obstructs the "free" press.

One question that the State Police report will not be able to resolve is:
Considering that upon the arrival of law enforcement & EMS there were NO measures were taken to attempt to save the lives of ANY of the children that were shot and noting that the TWO closest hospitals are both Level II Trauma Centers; isn't it a touch odd that not a single parent has filed a lawsuit against the State or any State Agency for the way the scene was handled and the fact that no potentially life saving measures were attempted???

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

One of the cars in the parking lot had bullet holes that looked like exit shots. Not only that, but in the photos taken the day of the shooting, the purported bullet holes already appeared to have rust around the edges.

The bullet holes appeared as if the shots came from inside the passenger compartment of the car. It was a mint green colored car, and if I recall correctly, the car belonged to the one murdered teacher.

I found all of that about that particular car very intriguing, and the fact that it showed close up photos of that car, but none of the other vehicles' bullet holes. Why not?

Far too many questions surrounded that car alone, that a thread was made about it, too. But, sadly, no real answers were ever found, in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by starviego

It is still my belief, that as evidenced by the few, rare photos of Adam, that he had obvious, progressive hyperthyroidism. His disease was likely misdiagnosed as mental illness, and in fact, mental illness is one of the effects of untreated hyperthyroidism.

The outward and most obvious telltale sign was his bulging eyes that got progressively worse as he aged. This is known as exopthalmos.

If you view his photo when he was young, his eyes had a normal appearance, yet they were bulging in a pronounced manner in the older released photos.

It would be interesting to see a photo of him within some time of the recent time era of the shooting, for comparison.

They autopsy clearly discusses all of the toxicology aspects of the case, but I see no real evidence of any disease rule outs.

It seems obvious to me, and through other postings I have seen in multiple areas, he likely was a sufferer of hyperthyroidism, and possibly Grave's Disease. Why was this not noticed and researched as an aspect of his death and autopsy?

One would think hormonal studies would have been done along with toxicology studies as a routine matter. But, exceptionally, because of his bizarre behaviour and appearance.

It is amazing to me, as well, that his family physician failed to notice this outward sign that screams disease. It saddens me, as well, because if he had been recognized and treated for hyperthyroidism, it may have well lead to him having a more normal life, and perhaps this event having never happened.

I can see where it may be offensive to say, "Hey, your childs' eyes are about to pop out if his head, but perhaps we should run a simple blood test to see if he has hyperthyroidism."

Someone had to notice this, and I believe his bizarre appearance was a large part of why he was hidden in the house, and had issues in school.

ETA: Source. Hyperthyroidism, can it affect my mood?

edit on 10-12-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-12-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

RobinB022

I'm sorry if I offended anyone. Honestly. I really shouldn't have been commenting that night anyway-as I was exhausted. No excuse.

It irks me whenever words are taken out of context. Whenever I mentioned the sweatshirts in my previous post (last week), I was trying to explain that often-times a person with OCD may act different during stressful situations. And while they may normally change their clothes frequently, or wash their hands 50 times a day, they might not do those things in a very stressful situation, or during times of fight or flight.

Yes, I was mostly giving an opinion as I don't know the facts/truth, even as I read parts of the report I didn't feel comfortable in thinking those were facts in all cases.

you're actually not too far off...speaking as someone who has SEVERAL members of his family afflicted with OCD (with differing levels of severity), i can tell you that stress does induce changes in the rituals/routines/repetitive behaviors of people with OCD. but the effect of the stress is not consistent across the board...sometimes, it intensifies the need to do the things, and sometimes, it makes them care less about the things....it's all context-sensitive...and it also depends heavily on the person...

i only tossed out the warning, because i don't want semper to hafta come back in here, and shut this down again, because of in-fighting....
edit on 10-12-2013 by Daedalus because: PEAPOLE!

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   

WanDash

Daedalus
...that would make sense, given that the report states that they found the shotgun in the passenger compartment of the civic....

Thanks for responding to my previous post... I am responding to your response to asktheanimals so as not to forget to address something therein...

I recall, at the time, a lot of conversation (on threads relating to the tragedy as it unfolded) regarding the "chatter" and "conversation" on emergency/other services channels -- some things/issues were taken out of context -- but, one would think that all that traffic would have been recorded (and thus, should be available, now), with as much attention and emotion as was incumbent with the situation...
Are you aware of any such "repository" or portions thereof, anywhere, for cataloguing &/or preservation?

It would certainly be nice to be able to verify if "the first Newtown officer on scene reported over the radio, the presence of spent shotgun shells..." ...

Thanks, again, for your previous response.

i'm not aware of any such repository at this time...if you would care to assist me in scouring the web for such a thing, it would be appreciated.

but i do remember in the threads here about the event, as it was going down, recordings of radio chatter were posted.....and one of them was the one i talked about....of course, those threads, i believe, have all been 404'ed.....not to seem like i'm taking a shot at the administration here, but all i can say is "thanks guys.."

so we'll just hafta look for an alternate source for the recordings, if they still exist anywhere, and hope they haven't been scrubbed....would be a hell of a thing to have the official report say that the only shotgun shells at the scene were live ones, dropped by first responders, only to have it completely contradicted by a radio report from a first responder, talking about spent shells...wouldn't it?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

The original source is the Newtown or the Fairfield emergency radio.
What was said was:
"Be advised we have multiple weapons including long rifle and shotgun"
This was within the first 10 minutes or so after arrival at the school.
He didn't specify if he had seen the weapon or spent shells.

I found the fact they showed pictures of Lauren Rousseau's car and none of the others hit very strange indeed. The fact they also released the car back to the family so soon after the event seemed downright bizarre given the total clampdown on other evidence.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Asktheanimals

The original source is the Newtown or the Fairfield emergency radio.
What was said was:
"Be advised we have multiple weapons including long rifle and shotgun"
This was within the first 10 minutes or so after arrival at the school.
He didn't specify if he had seen the weapon or spent shells.

good deal. i assumed (probably shouldn't have done that) that he'd only have said a shotgun was in play without seeing it, if he'd seen evidence to that effect, ie; spent shells...

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I find the fact that the circular glass window was covered over in the internal house shots.

The report states that one victim at the house of Lanza received three shots.

If the door glass was broken by someone shooting through the small glass window of the front door , after having knocked at the door, to get the victim to come to within range of a view from the outside, that would explain the missing glass. It would also point to the shooter being quite tall and possibly using a silencer on their gun.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Everyone keeps talking about the security systems and cameras, and I need to re-address this.

The cameras just feed to a monitor in the main office (if they have them at all) and do not record what's going on, it's just so someone in the office can see who they are buzzing in. Most CT schools didn't even have them until AFTER this incident, in fact most schools you could just walk into without being buzzed in around these parts...

So please, stop obsessing on the cameras, they are a relatively new thing around here, and they don't record anything..

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
There are ALWAYS cameras. You can't make a ***** film without them.

COLUMBINE:
Denver Post 4-23-99
"Investigators acknowledged that a video surveillance system is located in the library..."

Denver Post 4-24-99
"...on Friday JeffCo Sheriff spokesman Steve Davis corrected a police statement from the previous day(4-22) about security-camera coverage at the school. Police now say there was no video camera in the library, where most murders took place....."
edit on 10-12-2013 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

vkey08
Everyone keeps talking about the security systems and cameras, and I need to re-address this.

The cameras just feed to a monitor in the main office (if they have them at all) and do not record what's going on, it's just so someone in the office can see who they are buzzing in. Most CT schools didn't even have them until AFTER this incident, in fact most schools you could just walk into without being buzzed in around these parts...

So please, stop obsessing on the cameras, they are a relatively new thing around here, and they don't record anything..

You are correct, the door camera(s) did not record footage as I explained in detail here and have pasted below; I think if you read it you might better understand why the camera not recording footage is a touch odd.... because, you are correct that cameras are relatively new, however those camera(s) were installed in 2012 and for about 5 years prior to 2012 every white paper by experts about school safety as well as credible student safety organization had been stressing the importance, value and imperative for any camera installed at a school to record footage:

Sadly there was one flaw in that new, high-tech video entry system that Sandy Hook was lauded for installing and, which according to the Washington Times, included school doors being locked and secure at 9:30 a.m. with a video camera and buzzer system that can allow entry after that time from THREE monitoring locations but that flaw in the video security system that so much money was spent on in early 2012: it [allegedly] had no recording capabilities.

Why would an elementary school in a wealthy community that at the start of the 2012-13 school year had overhauled their security plan and installed this video access security system choose to NOT record the comings and goings of the entrance? Seems like it would be a logical thing to do considering that like 1/4 of all Law & Order SVU episodes involve a kid being snatched from their elementary school and SVU often reviewing the schools surveillance for leads. Things that make you go hmmm.....

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Byteme285

FirePiston
Why don't they ever let the accused talk to us on the air in a video? Why is their side of the story hidden?
Firepiston

Because he's dead, dead, dead, strange how a guy supposedly wearing body armor would take his own life without at least firing at the cops.
Always wondered that myself. Why have body armor if you're going to off yourself? Also consider the premise behind shooter video games. Isn't the person playing supposed to shoot their way out of a situation? Isn't that where the excitement in the game is? Do people commit suicide in video games? I guess if they do, the game ends pretty quickly, huh?

The official explanation is rather faulty. JMO

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

Hate to say this because I live in Connecticut but you need to stop saying "would a wealthy community do X or Y" Just because a community seems "wealthy" in this state does not correlate to school budget..Unlike most states, Connecticut doesn't collect separate school and property taxes, most, if not all of the towns collect a unified property tax out of which also comes the school budget, as well as police, (fire and ambulances for the larger communities, smaller tows are still volunteer) garbage collection etc..

A lot of towns, the one i live in included, never in a million years thought something like this could happen here and as such allocated the money that the towns get for different school projects elsewhere. Security, sadly, wasn't a majorly large concern until AFTER this incident, I don't understand why people cannot simply understand that..

Most of this state was in a "what? Here?" mode right after it.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Your looking at about 30K atleast for a few cameras and a DVR, which most likely only keeps a weeks worth of images, and writes over them.
Feeding to a monitor is much much cheaper then having a security system with DVR. I believe it.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
My view on this report and these kind of reports:
Not every fact makes it into a report, as they are written by humans, who are not all English majors, or understand how to write a well thought out report. Things that contradict are the same as all the long papers I wrote with conflicting information. It happens. They did their best. They don't want to go over all the silly mistakes that law enforcement made, because a tragedy of this scope has never really happened, and the fact is that nothing is going to change that. This report is a "we aren't sure why it happened, or what we could have done to prevent it" type of report.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join