It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Democrats Question Kerrys Campaign Funds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Members of the Democratic party have some questions for John Kerry. No not if he is running in 2008, they want to know why the candidate for President still had some 15 million dollars in his campaign fund. A former campaign manager for Al Gore asked why he saved the money instead of putting it to use in tight battleground states. The money could have made a difference in a state like Ohio.

story.news.yahoo.com
WASHINGTON - Democratic Party leaders said Wednesday they want to know why Sen. John Kerry ended his presidential campaign with more than $15 million in the bank, money that could have helped Democratic candidates across the country.

ome said he will be pressured to give the money to Democratic campaign committees rather than save it for a potential White House bid in 2008.

"Democrats are questioning why he sat on so much money that could have helped him defeat George Bush or helped down-ballot races, many of which could have gone our way with a few more million dollars," said Donna Brazile, campaign manager for Al Gore's 2000 presidential race

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

When it is all said and done, more than 1 billion dollars will have been spend by both side for this election year. Over 600 million in the presidential race alone. That�s a lot of purchased influence on both side of the isle. We really need to take a look at this and start on the road to some serious campaign finance reform. Otherwise its going to get much worse in 2008.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Couldn't agree more with your opinion, FredT.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Didn't they save some for a possible recount? I remeber them sending me something in the email to donate the "GELAC" fund which would have helped them fiancially in case of a recount.
S&B FOREVER!

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
FredT - are your figures including the 527's?
I think they are currently outside of the
Campaign Finance Reforms that McCain put through.
(or am I mistaken?)

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I wonder how bad kerry wanted to win

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dirt
I wonder how bad kerry wanted to win

Probably as much as a losering fighter in a fixed boxing match.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

Probably as much as a losering fighter in a fixed boxing match.

Normally, in a "fixed" fight, the loser is aware that he is going to lose, and is in agreement with this. Accordingly, if this election was "fixed," in favor of Mr, Bush, would it be safe to assert or assume that Mr. Kerry willingly allowed himself to be defeated, knowing that he was to be deemed the "loser"?

seekerof

[edit on 18-11-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Normally, in a "fixed" fight, the loser is aware that he is going to lose, and is in agreement with this. Accordingly, if this election was "fixed," in favor of Mr, Bush, would it be safe to assert or assume that Mr. Kerry willingly allowed himself to be defeated, knowing that he was to be deemed the "loser"?

seekerof

[edit on 18-11-2004 by Seekerof]

yes, exactly. so they're ALL criminals in bed together. are people just supposed to 'get over' that democracy doesn't exist in america, anymore? long live the empire of the skull and bones!

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Wow, $15,000,000 doesn't seem like enough money to pay 10,000 blood sucking lawyers.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I think that they are required by Federal law to keep some in reserve, but not that much. But really, as I put forth in my opening post. How much money needs to be spent on these elections? This is a very simplictic view but they spent 600 billion to get a job that payes 400K a year?????

new topics

top topics

join