It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half Of New Greek HIV Cases Are Self-Inflicted To Receive €700 Per Month Benefits-WHO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
If Obamacare stands....Is THIS America's future,as well?

When one reads the following stunning, and tragic, excerpt from the World Health Organization's recent report "Review of social determinants and the health divide in the WHO European Region: final report" what can one say but... Grecovery.

From the WHO:

Case study: countries’ experiences of financial crisis - Greece

Suicides rose by 17% between 2007 and 2009 and to 25% in 2010, according to unofficial 2010 data (398).

The Minister of Health reported a further 40% rise in the first half of 2011 compared with the same period in 2010. Suicide attempts have also increased, particularly among people reporting economic distress (610). Homicide and theft rates have doubled.

HIV rates and heroin use have risen significantly, with about half of new HIV infections being self-inflicted to enable people to receive benefits of €700 per month and faster admission on to drug-substitution programmes.es.

Prostitution has also risen, probably as a response to economic hardship. Health care access has declined as hospital budgets have been cut by about 40% (398) and it is estimated that 26 000 public health workers (9100 doctors) will lose their jobs (611). Further cuts are expected as a result of recent negotiations with the IMF and European Central Bank.

But at least they have the Euro.

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

You don't understand the Affordable Healthcare Act very well.

Either way in the current system there are many homeless people that are grateful for HIV because that's the only way they can receive housing.

www.out.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
How desperate must one be?

Can you imagine the place these people must be in to even think for a second that this... is the solution?

Edited after viewing the source above:

I had no idea this happened anywhere...

edit on 25pmMon, 25 Nov 2013 14:52:25 -060013MondayMonday1311 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

People have been doing this in AMERICA FOR A LONG TIME. This is nothing new. I will find a link with the article for you, but this has been happening for years. Homeless people who have nothing get themselves infected with HIV and once they have a T Cell count that is low enough to be Considered AIDS, well guess what? They find themselves with an apartment, healthcare, and money in their pocket. So sorry to say this is not, by any means, the first I have heard of this. It been happening right here in America for many years and has nothing whatsoever to do with The Affordable Health Care Act.

Here is a link that proves what I am saying is true...Read it. It is worth the read.

www.out.com...

edit on 25-11-2013 by kurthall because: added

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

And there's some people who don't believe in a de-population agenda.

Reminds me of the Opium Wars of China.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

They are basically making a deal with the devil. They are reducing their life expectancy by 20-40 years for money, in the end not a smart way to make a living.

If someone wants to intentionally infect themselves with a disease that will kill them to get some cash, I say go ahead their doing us a favor by not propagating their genes.
edit on 25-11-2013 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

reply to post by Openeye

Hell I'd say keep that dam job, even thou you may be so sick you can barely make it to work, and have to hide every few minutes to puke in private.

Then maybe, they can afford the $1800/month drugs and then hope they work for them (a LOT quit the drugs because of the side effects).

If you have NOTHING and no prospect for ANYTHING, and no motivation to fight....those drugs may not help. Getting those T-cell counts to 200 is living on the edge of death and dancing with the devil. And those drugs are no party, kinda like chemotherapy in slo-motion for the rest of your life.

Me and that devil had that dance, and I decided to fight and work my ass off, what little ass I had left, I was nothing but a shell of my former self. (Joke around a hetero web support chat I visited was we were the 'no butts' - either can't get no butt or don't have no butt.)

Damn, can't they break a leg or something to get free care? That's gotta be cheaper that the $1800 / month it costs for the drugs!

I have sympathy for anyone that has this. But those that choose it? They are real losers, damn stupid, or life has to be really really bad already.

FYI (in U.S.) before Obamacare, if they are NOT already in the system, they had to wait two years after the diagnosis with T-cell counts equal / less than 200. And dump all their assets if they have any left. T-cells=200 is usually the 6-month mark from death without treatment. Other option is state ADAP programs, but the waiting lists are so long, people are dying on the list.

When I thought I was losing my job at that 'countdown to death' I looked at my options, and decided my only choice was to fight my employer to keep my job. Glad I did. My fight...and help from great co-workers who covered for me when I was too sick to cover for myself, got me thru the hard years. YEARS. Takes that long before you pull out and get where you begin to feel like you have another shot at life.

FYI for Openeye noting the 'shortening of lifespan', that was the accepted wisdom 10 years ago. I think you need to open TWO eyes cause you missed some new facts. New consensus is a normal lifespan (with the drugs).

I don't need to provide evidence. I AM EVIDENCE (along with thousands of others). I am specifically, documented evidence in the form of NIH A5095 ALLERT study determining expected lifespans for the 2nd-gen treatments. After 25 years of infection, with counts above 1300, and making it way past the big 50, I plan on another 25 years at least, unless I get hit by the proverbial bus tomorrow. FYI this clinical trail program has ended after expected to run only 5 years (because most patients were expected to die at that time), then extended to 10 years, then 12, then finally ending this year with the declaration that a normal lifespan could be expected, after no patients died and all remained healthy. Kinda glad to be a part of that statistic.

These people trying this death train for money...I still go with my statements above - stupid, idiots. And I'll play Red (foreman) and add DUMBASS.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
This made me cry,

thinking of all the HIV births that may result (unless most of HIV mothers have cesarians, etc).

Cyprus & Greece present, is America's near future. We are next wave thanks to the the bloody banksters and anything but noble presidency!

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

gardener
This made me cry,

thinking of all the HIV births that may result (unless most of HIV mothers have cesarians, etc).

That won't help. Only the drugs will help. And since the gubment won't treat until counts equal / less than 200, bet on a lot of infected babies.

Cyprus & Greece present, is America's near future. We are next wave thanks to the the bloody banksters and anything but noble presidency!

With you on that one! We're headed there faster than a bullet train - toward a concrete wall.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Daily Mail...shoulda known. A typo / mistake in the report from the WHO, and used for sensationalism by ignorant and lazy editors.

see thread here

Glad to know even desperate people are not THIS stupid.

Although threads like this still amaze me on how much people do NOT know about this disease.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lakesidepark

New consensus is a normal lifespan (with the drugs).

Well with the drugs is the key word here. People who intentionally infect themselves with a disease (or simply do not care that they are infected) are not going to take the government money they received and spend it on drugs, well at least not the kind of drugs that get them healthy. They are going to spend that money on food, housing (maybe) and narcotics for the most part.
edit on 26-11-2013 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

Did you read the last post?
This entire thread is about an article that is a mistake, an error, a typo in a WHO report, spread as a HOAX by the Daily Mail.

A HOAX, probably known to the Daily Mail.

A HOAX, and it is similiar to the hoaxes about this same subject that have been spread thruout the media as a way to attack and defame an entire group of unfortunate people. Admittedly, a group that includes some worst-of-the-worst, but ALSO includes some that are just trying to live their life and somewhere made a mistake along the line. A group that includes thousands and maybe millions that are the same sexual persuasion, the same religion, the same political bias, the same economic situation, as the majority of you. Most of us are normal people in a difficult situation.

Hoaxes and misinformation like this are commonly spread precisely because it can attack without retribution, a group unable to defend themselves without subjecting themselves to attack.

No one (except for a few looney-tunes) are infecting themselves to get gubmint money. Those saying this usually have other motives.

top topics

join