It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question to the Scot's Here on ATS? ....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Just wondering what the Scot's' (or is it Scottish people) here on ATS think about

Scotland going independent?

I've always regarded this small island of ours, plus Ireland to be more like a smaller

version of the USA ... (like four states in the one country) and I have always

considered that we each have something to offer that is beneficial to other.

I personally would not like to see 'Britain'/the 'United Kingdom' broken up!!

Over to the Scot's lets have your views .........................

Oh and please throw your 2p's worth in too The English, The Welsh, and

The Irish of ATS ...................

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

My mother was Scottish, so being half Scottish as well as living quite a few years in both Scotland and England I have only one thing to say.

FREEDOM for Scotland NOW!

And that's all I have to say about that.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I'm English but also British , united we stand divided we fall .
I don't think Scotland will vote for independence and I hope they see through the untruths that Alex Salmond has been feeding them because if they do go they'll have many problems to face .

I love Scotland and it's people but like the rest of us they're ruled by idiots

edit on 25-11-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Well, I just have one thing to say....or one of my ancestors did, to hear the family genealogist tell it...

It's damn late in coming, but better late than never if they can finally take what is theirs.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I could not be more against it if i tried.

Really not for it, I cant's see any benefit for Scotland going it alone.

I think a lot of people are for it due to a anti-English mentality (I am Scottish btw), quite a lot of my fellow countrymen seem to be for it for no other reason than they "we wont be ruled by the English anymore" as they would say, considering our last PM was Scottish this argument is illogical. Thats why Salmond and his kin love to have a dig at the "powers of Westminster" whenever they can it appeals to that anti-english view. I am only ever Anti-English when it comes to football.

I know this is a little off topic but i also happen to think that England should have some kind of devolved government or that on issues local to England and Wales Scottish MPs should exempt from voting.

but yeah, Scottish independence is a bad idea.
edit on 25-11-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I'm Welsh and much as I love my country we can't afford to be independent. The bloody English have smashed our heavy industry to pieces (god, how I cheered when that evil witch Maggie died this year!) and our mining industry is dead.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

A good Strathclydian, Wallace!

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Preemptive post. This can be quite a contentious topic. Let's keep it civil.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

Not sure you can blame that the english, think it was one political party. She did the same thing to the english as well, it wasnt based on nationality!

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I'm English i dont think it's a good idea. But this is what democracy is for, for good or ill, the scottish people have to make their own choice.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Bassago

My mother was Scottish, so being half Scottish as well as living quite a few years in both Scotland and England I have only one thing to say.

I asked this question because I have known and do know quite a few Scots (Indeed

the father of one of my grand daughters was Scot's) And they all talk in the same

vein as you and it always, always puzzles me (I miss the puzzle emo] with

that attitude why they reside in England??

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I have to say that is very much how I see it ... unfortunately neither of us are going to

have any say in the matter!

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
It would be a bad bad bad idea........

Scotland would not be able to afford to maintain itself.

Say good by to your NHS, no tution fees and free prescriptions.

Also your econemy will tank. I hear some economist saying scotland would become 3rd world in 20 years link.

Would be a real real bad idea.

I hope if scotland does have a fit of stupidity and votes yes to indepedance, they are made to give up the British pound so they dont drag us down with them.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Bassago

Scotland ASKED to join the Union in 1707.
No one forced Scotland into it. So why use the word Freedom?

Signed Puzzled Englishman.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Yeah I dont get why the yanky doodles are calling for freedom either. I dont think they even get the situation.

If scotland was not "free" then we wouldnt be giveing them a choice to vote for economic sucide (sorry independance).
edit on 25-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

This article brings up some good points.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

On Tuesday, the Scottish government will publish a vast White Paper explaining how on earth it is supposed to work. So here are some of the questions I hope that document will be able to settle. We are told that the proposal is that Scotland would keep the Queen as head of state and the pound as the national currency – though presumably both of these commitments could be varied by a future Scottish parliament.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

TDawgRex
reply to post by crazyewok

This article brings up some good points.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

On Tuesday, the Scottish government will publish a vast White Paper explaining how on earth it is supposed to work. So here are some of the questions I hope that document will be able to settle. We are told that the proposal is that Scotland would keep the Queen as head of state and the pound as the national currency – though presumably both of these commitments could be varied by a future Scottish parliament.

It just too much of a mess. I dont see the point of independance for the sake of independance if your not being opressed and you situation will likley end up worse off in the long run.

Its just silly.

Best Scotland will get is to become a complete EU puppet, dependant on there aid and as such a slave to them. Worst? A 3rd hell hole, in which case I hope england seals the borders from the hoards of hungery mouths.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
i,m a proud Scot but also proud to be British,no need to break it up.

Alex Salmond is playing a smart game by using the usual anti english thing for his own gain but i doubt it will work,polls show at moment people will stick to being part of uk.

heard the we will be a rich country and all the usual bull cause of our oil but thats already on the decline and when it runs out where does that leave us?

trust me we would be a lot worse off trying to go it alone,don,t vote independence cause trust me in the long run it would be be a disaster.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You know there's a lot to be said for 'that was then'

And now is now ....

People living now cannot be held responsible for what happened generations ago ....

We are supposed to stop living in the past and learn from past mistakes and move on

in an attempt at a better world for our children.

Every country has at one time or another had 'rebels' and 'freedom fighters' or

'soldiers of fortune' But that is the PAST... we need to BUILD on the FUTURE

edit on 25-11-2013 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

Im all for the freedom to choose.

But I just hope the tyranny of the masses doesnt lead scotland down a lonley dark path...........

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join