It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Future Map Of The United States Is Way Cooler Than Any Current Map Of The United States

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I don't understand why high speed rail wasn't implemented years ago! I for one, would do a lot of traveling by rail because I don't like flying and I can't stay awake on long trips by car. It would be a pleasure to just sit back sleep and wake up at your destination.

You're probably right. It will probably be swept under the rug because of politics and the airlines lobbying Washington to put a stop to it because they're afraid of losing customers.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
God bless America. Except Idaho. And Montana. And......

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Urantia1111
Looks like a giant subway map! Very cool idea, although I doubt this could be completed in my lifetime. If it ever is, I'll take one ticket from Toledo to Denver, please.

Smoke up, Johnny!!!

Toledo? Yeah, a one way ticket would benefit you...

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

nugget1
God bless America. Except Idaho. And Montana. And......

Which tells you where the least of the US populace lives...

Which gives you a hint of where you should be moving to...

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
What's the need when we will be flying in the coming years?

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I see Las Vegas is on the route. That's all I need to know!

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
What about Hawaii and Alaska haha?

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I hope it gets done. The people can at least back the President on one little thing he proposed. if nothing else, let it be the rail and the roads.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Nephalim
reply to post by jhn7537

I hope it gets done. The people can at least back the President on one little thing he proposed. if nothing else, let it be the rail and the roads.

I too hope it gets done, but it will take a Govt. with a vision to pull this off, a vision away from wars and the M.E. interests. Hopefully, we start taking care of ourselves back home or soon enough there won't be a home anymore, well, at least one we want to live at

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

jhn7537

Nephalim
reply to post by jhn7537

I too hope it gets done, but it will take a Govt. with a vision to pull this off, a vision away from wars and the M.E. interests. Hopefully, we start taking care of ourselves back home or soon enough there won't be a home anymore, well, at least one we want to live at

Yea hopefully at some point we'll have national internet with boundaries and borders too.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
There's too many monopolies on rail services. I don't see this happening anytime soon in the U.S.

U.S. is addicted to personal transportation. I'd love to see a system like this but the only time I heard widespread demand for something like this was when the gas prices went to high levels. Maybe that will happen and private companies will step in and fill the demand.

2050?

I will be 65.

If I want handy public transport maybe I will just save myself some time and marry a french girl.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

dollukka
All the roads leads to Rome.... wait a second .. to new York !

Look again looks more like Chicago...

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

abeverage
Sure would bring us back into being a 1st world country instead of being a 2nd bordering on a 3rd...

not to take away from the topic of the thread but a lack of high speed rail systems is not the reason the US is in the state its in.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Interesting which parts of the US and Canada are left out. Interesting that certain Canadian cities are included.

Hmmm. Gotta think about this. Thanks for posting.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Silicis n Volvo

abeverage
Sure would bring us back into being a 1st world country instead of being a 2nd bordering on a 3rd...

not to take away from the topic of the thread but a lack of high speed rail systems is not the reason the US is in the state its in.

No but having a 3rd world infrastructure with 20th century commuting and shipping practices is surely a hindrance . We can blame government for this, but let's not forget Big Business sending manufacturing overseas and outsourcing competitive jobs. These same companies investors profited without concern for this Country. The consumers then decided that cheaper was better and shopped at Mega-Shopping Centers propped up those investors and Golden Parachute CEO's by voting with their dollars. Due to limited choices were practically coerced into this. And there is a small portion of why the United States is in the shape it is in...

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

The Japanese had it worked out quite well. They have three types of train - super high-speed intercity that stop every hundred miles, high-speed trains that stop every 10 miles, and a regular train that does all the short-haul stops like a Metro train.

The only problem is that every small and medium sized town is going to want the super-high-speed intercity stop, and they'll use land ownership and planning permission as a bargaining chip.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I remember reading in my local paper about committees being formed by counties to discuss possible high speed rail routes that might happen. They were interested in possible routes that could come close to the county I live in as far as promoting economic growth in our area. I wonder if the darker gray routes are slower connections?

The paper talked about costs and the possibility of using existing right of ways along existing freight lines which could cause a few issues or establishing new routes. I believe my local paper thought new right of ways would not have the issues of interfering with existing freight traffic plus the existing routes do not necessarily have the needed trajectories to handle high speed trains.

I do agree that having high speed trains could boost economic growth. We still do not have very effective shuttle or bus services in many parts of the country so you are left with the only option to pay for a rental car. I'm not sure how the costs work out. If it boils down to comparing the cost and time of traveling by high speed train versus air travel, I would like to see the comparisons and how travelers may decide to opt for high speed trains.

If you could have additional train routes connecting some of the larger cities in the Carolina's for example with stops at some of the smaller midway points connecting the states with more rural areas, you could allow greater access with better efficiency for passengers. I was thinking if you could hitch a ride on a train for example in Raleigh, NC and have a few stops along the way to Charlotte then onto a route with stops in western SC near where I live, it would spur incentives to ride the train instead of traveling by car. Especially if you have relatives that could drive a short distance and pick you up.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Wouldn't that be grand....

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
America joins the 20century! Just 50years late....

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

lol that green line makes me laugh, looks like a quick way to get coke from mexico to canada

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join