This Future Map Of The United States Is Way Cooler Than Any Current Map Of The United States

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Hello ATS...

Not sure if this has been posted yet, ran a search, couldn't find anything, but I found this map to be very interesting.

Even though these routes need to be optimized a bit better, it's still a neat concept. High speed rail system with distance traveled by time as the metric.

But like the old saying goes, the two things most likely to stop good ideas are politics and money.

This map is inspired by ideas from various agencies and advocacy groups including Amtrak, Wikimedia Commons, Florida High Speed Rail, Southern High Speed Rail, Southeast High Speed Rail, Ohio Department of Transportation, California High Speed Rail Authority, Midwest High Speed Rail Association, US DOT Federal Railroad Administration, and Texas High Speed Rail.

Take a look and let me know what you think... And Mods, if this was already posted please 86 the thread.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Upon seeing the title, I thought it was a climate change thread.

It does look cool though.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

butcherguy
reply to post by jhn7537

Upon seeing the title, I thought it was a climate change thread.

It does look cool though.

Maybe I should update the title then

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Sure would bring us back into being a 1st world country instead of being a 2nd bordering on a 3rd...

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

abeverage
Sure would bring us back into being a 1st world country instead of being a 2nd bordering on a 3rd...

I could only imagine what the cost would be to create this type of rail system. Obviously, it would take time to see a solid ROI, but it could end up being a convenient way of travel in the future.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Looks like a giant subway map! Very cool idea, although I doubt this could be completed in my lifetime. If it ever is, I'll take one ticket from Toledo to Denver, please.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Urantia1111
Looks like a giant subway map! Very cool idea, although I doubt this could be completed in my lifetime. If it ever is, I'll take one ticket from Toledo to Denver, please.

If funded, could you imagine the amount of jobs that could be added to our economy??? Also, those jobs would be active for what 10-20 years?? Maybe if we took some of the $700billion-$1trillion military funds, we could add this rail system to our countries infrastructure... This would be a great thing, but I'm sure you're right, we will never see this in our life time.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

jhn7537

abeverage

I could only imagine what the cost would be to create this type of rail system. Obviously, it would take time to see a solid ROI, but it could end up being a convenient way of travel in the future.

I am sure the same was said about the Freeway and Interstate connections back in the 50's and 60's.

It is long past due that the United States Of America step into the 21st Century! New power structure, modern updated bridges and a high speed rail system! Might generate a lot of jobs and boost the economy...

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

jhn7537

Urantia1111

If funded, could you imagine the amount of jobs that could be added to our economy??? Also, those jobs would be active for what 10-20 years?? Maybe if we took some of the $700billion-$1trillion military funds, we could add this rail system to our countries infrastructure... This would be a great thing, but I'm sure you're right, we will never see this in our life time.

barring radical change
such as a surgical decapitation strike targetting the oligarchs and MIC
you won't

they're going to build these trains on top of a rotting infrastructure?

sounds like another "green"/solyndra boondoggle

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Now that map is starting to look more like some Chinese maps I've been looking over recently. They also have a booming rail network and unlike us, they aren't having a blowout Pity Party on a national level to feel crappy about themselves, but going out to build NEW things and break NEW records with feats of construction. Kinda like a country called America used to do, at one time. Remember?

Someday, we'll get there again, and perhaps your map will just be a Phase 1 of a truly effective transportation network.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
All the roads leads to Rome.... wait a second .. to new York !

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Haven't we already paid for an underground version of that?

Second line...

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I think the project would be amazing for our economy, but that only benefits the 99%, so of course, not likely to happen. World Conquest by our military and fossil fuel industrialists is the only game going for now and in the foreseeable future. Our grandchildren might have a shot at riding these trains if they're lucky!

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

This one is more likely since it's already in planning:

America 2050 Passenger Network

It does look like a very good idea, but the cost of implementation isn't just financial. And; Megaregions? A few of the lines have northern termini in Canadian Cities. I don't like to think about what has to happen for this to be implemented by my 80th birthday (if I live that long).

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Reading who all had a say in the making of this proposal makes me wince. Some of those entities bleed funding rather than creating it.

It would take mega corporations working with the government to make it happen as a totally new infrastructure would have to be built. I think that their travel time line is way off as well as trains would have to stop and let people embark/disembark. That would add quite a few hours if you were traveling across the continent.

And let us not forget that taking AMTRAK is often more expensive and slower than driving yourself or flying.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
All I have to say is that it will work so long as it isn't operated by Amtrak.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Even main stream scientists are saying the sea levels are rising & in 50 years southern Florida will be underwater....
The future map is a fantasy in my opinion. But whatever....

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Na this wont ever come to pass cause:

1) Its not a bad idea
2) It does not involve the bombing of a middle eastern country
3) Upset the die hard libertarians as it would involve fedral money of some sort.
4) It diverts money away from bad idea like your ACA
5 ) It diverts money away from bombing people.

Maybe if you can insure that it runs 10x over budget and it ends up only half finnished so it fullfils criteria 1, is built by near slaves (IE minimal wage drones) to fullfil criteria 3 and the trains are used primarly to transport weapons to fullfil critera 2 it may go ahead.
edit on 25-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by jhn7537

Now that map is starting to look more like some Chinese maps I've been looking over recently. They also have a booming rail network and unlike us, they aren't having a blowout Pity Party on a national level to feel crappy about themselves, but going out to build NEW things and break NEW records with feats of construction. Kinda like a country called America used to do, at one time. Remember?

Someday, we'll get there again, and perhaps your map will just be a Phase 1 of a truly effective transportation network.

Wrabbit- we can only hope my friend. I do believe this country needs some serious re-investing of wealth into the infrastructure to help meet the demands of the 21st century. I just wish the guys in Washington would put their own interests/agendas aside and think about how that military budget could do WONDERS if spent back home... It's sad to think that all of Washington has serious tunnel vision...

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

It looks cool, but it'll still cost $400 for a ticket to anywhere, and I'm sure all passengers will be subject to cavity searches by then.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum