It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam Hussain was awarded the key to the city of Detroit in 1980

page: 1

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this been posted here on ATS before but I think you might find this rather interesting...

Saddam Hussein donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to a Detroit church and received a key to the city more than two decades ago, soon after he became president of Iraq.

The events contrast sharply with the attack Saddam’s regime from a U.S.-led coalition, reflecting his changed relationship with the United States since Washington helped Saddam covertly in his 1980-88 war with Iran.

Saddam’s bond with Detroit started in 1979, when the Rev. Jacob Yasso of Chaldean Sacred Heart congratulated Saddam on his presidency. In return, Yasso said, his church received $250,000.

“He was very kind person, very generous, very cooperative with the West. Lately, what’s happened, I don’t know,” Yasso, 70, said. “Money and power changed the person.”

Source
Source

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
LOL i dont know if i should believe it, it seems to crazy but then on the other hand just crazy enough to be true!

Seriously guys.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Look at Detroit now, it is in shambles. They must have made some sort of crazy philosophical ties.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Both are in shambles. What a coincidence!

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Yep! Crazy but true.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mekhanics

The Detroit area has a high Chaldean (Christian Iraqi's) concentration. That is probably why it happened.

Remember back in 1980, Saddam was our Friend.

Just goes to show how geopolitics work....... one day you're our friend, 20 years later we are trying to bomb you.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
So...

Then we have a valid pretext to bomb Detroit?

Problem solved, right on!

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mekhanics

I think he was like a Kennedy and was our friend until he decided to do his own thing. So we can't have that and took him out.
Firepiston

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
So, they gave him a key, and then he thought he could be a Locksmith.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Ahh genocidal megalomania is nothing a few hundred thousand dollars doesn't wash away.

Throw in a city key and Baghdad bob's UR uncle!

We'll ignore the slicing of tongues and the hacking of limbs and the torture of dissenters. He's good guy eh and doesn't afraid of anything.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Saddam sucked. Detroit sucks. Seems a match made in heaven.
Seriously .. if he were alive I'd hand him Detroit with a big red ribbon on it.
He'd be welcome to it. It's a dump.

top topics

join