It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DISTURBING: The List of Purged Military High Officers Under Obama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

I'm no 0bama fan, but I think that having these guys retire or in some cases fired is a good thing. At one point during OIF/OEF there were more General ranked officers in CentCom than there was during the height of WW2. (American Army)

A lot of these positions were created as a political expediant. Many of the positions can be easily ran by a 0-6 (Col) or lower. And as often happens with a drawdown which is currently going on, thinning out the ranks at the top makes as much sense as thinning them out at the bottom.

I don't feel to sorry for a General who was told to retire. A 0-7 (One Star) banks over $7000 a month before taxes if he/she has 25 years upon retirement. I could live VERY comfortably on that.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

Petraeus wasn't exactly smeared was he? His mistress & biographer was sending threatening emails to Jill Kelley who then informed somebody in the FBI. It had nothing to do with NSA surveillance. McChrystal had been admonished for remarks he'd made and then a Rolling Stone article by Michael Hastings featured his aides making questionable comments and generally speaking out of turn. Let's not forget who put him in charge in the first place.

I haven't read anything that would lead me to believe that NSA surveillance or any surveillance for that matter had anything to do with any firing/retirements. In the absence of even circumstantial evidence in support of these purge theories and given the plausibility of the official accounts, the correct application of "Occam's Razor" would be to dismiss convoluted theories predicated on a large number of assumptions.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

luciddream
reply to post by MrSpad

Using facts and reasoning on a site where majority are pro-military?

i think its simple to say Obama just hates our freedom and move along.

I thought about pointing out that even with that list that that includes lots a mid raking officers (some reserve) and even some enlisted guys that when you have over 230,000 active officers not counting reserves or NG that sure is a pathetic purge.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join