It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Hi,

I have been reading some really interesting and thought provoking threads here, and due to my computer being buggy haven't been able to join until now.

Anyway, I just wanted to say Howdy.

Alright topics of interest...
For about 6 or so years had actively practicsed metaphysical things (spirit work, mediumship, divination, magick), and then some crappy stuff (as it happens to all people) happened - become depressed etc etc, and only now want to really get back into it. I am expanding my interests into cryptozoology as I think that all myths and legends have to have some truth to them.

I also had a question - a lot of forums that I have visited in the past had a policy of not being able to reserect threads - especially if it was older than a year, I couldn't find any sorta mention of that in the rules - obviously the reply has to be relevant and contributing, but could someone clarify if I can perform some necromancy on interesting threads I have read (again adding to the conversation).

Anyway, I hope to learn lots from this forum - I have heard mainly good things

And I will always keep in mind what Brue Lee said "Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. ..."

Awesome, and with that I shall await a reply - and get to it

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by gaelric

Hello and welcome!

I can't answer you question about the old threads I'm afraid, but I'm sure a mod will be along to guide you!

Look forward to your threads.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Welcome to the family. If you do a search you can post on the old thread and that will bring it back to the boards, depending on the day and traffic, it may get some more attention or drift slowly back down into the archives. I hope that answers your question.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by gaelric

Welcome to the site of many threads. I can't believe how many lately.

I also had a question - a lot of forums that I have visited in the past had a policy of not being able to resurrect threads - especially if it was older than a year, I couldn't find any sorta mention of that in the rules - obviously the reply has to be relevant and contributing, but could someone clarify if I can perform some necromancy on interesting threads I have read (again adding to the conversation).

I am not aware of any limits on replying in older threads. If the thread is open, bang away.

You can link to another thread in a thread you are starting, too. Sometimes the mods will close a thread though if they feel the subject is already covered enough or currently being discussed.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by gaelric

Hi welcome, nice to see you!

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by gaelric

Welcome to ATS,I hope you will find what you are looking for,and enjoy your stay here.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by gaelric

Welcome, gaelric. I hope you enjoy your time with us as guests at ATS ... and bring a lot to the table.

ETA: Up in the top right corner of the screen (scroll to the top of this thread) you'll find a magnifying glass icon. Use that to search up old stuff with.

edit on 25112013 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by gaelric

Welcome to ATS.

As others have said try the search function in the top right corner with the keywords you remember.

Like you understood, as long as it is on topic you can still post to those threads.

A week ago I saw a thread from 2005 suddenly get new replies added to it.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Thank you all for such a wonderful welcome.

It loooks like this really will be a great community. I hope to be able to share thoughts and ideas that I have had and ask lots of questions. Like a good friend of mine said to "Never - ever stop asking questions - even when you think you have all the answers"

Cheers,
Gaelric

new topics

top topics

join