It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why's Southern California preparing for Nuke attack.. why NOW??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I know, I know, it's just a YT video! I just happened to glimpse it during my vacay from ATS (I think I havent been on here in like a whole week, maybe more!)

Anything's possible. But this reall irks me if one of the next taxpayer funded catastrophies (ie, New York, Connecticut,Boston) is being planned to happen in the megacity area, Los Angeles.

One of the reasons I moved OUT of the Northeast is to escape the martial-order like atmosphere. (I was living in NYC during WTC, and Boston suburbs during the Marathon bombing, and witnessed the lockdown, chaos, and peril of both.

I left my career to live in warmer weather, by the beach outside of any city (I am in Los Angeles county, but not city) and will be damned if I have to witness yet another shock and awe type here in So Cal. Please, please CIA, Mil-CONs and actors, please do not sell your souls out to yet another planned national tragedy. We get enough of that from our neighbor Hollywood! Please be sincere, for once!

May God(or whoever, whatever energy, created our beloved planet) Bless America!

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
If you wanted to ditch the jackboots, you should have moved out where no one else wants much to live.

That sort of means moving out to flyover where the weather is unreliable and mostly uncomfortable, the landscape is generally uninteresting in the manner of what most people think of as scenic, and your neighbor is likely to be a herd of cows.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
maybe they are preparing for all that radioactive fukashima garbage that is coming this way?

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Yeah I'd have to say that it has nothing to do about a nuke attack. Just the Fukashima melt down heading for the western coast of the U.S.

Radiation has already been being detected over there, so no surprise why their doing this.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

ketsuko
If you wanted to ditch the jackboots, you should have moved out where no one else wants much to live.

That sort of means moving out to flyover where the weather is unreliable and mostly uncomfortable, the landscape is generally uninteresting in the manner of what most people think of as scenic, and your neighbor is likely to be a herd of cows.

I think you just described where I live

Actually, it's pretty scenic if you know where to look...

Remember when this happened? I didn't look into it too much, but It seemed to get brushed under the rug pretty quickly.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sageturkey

I grew up out here and I think it's quite pretty, but there's a reason most people call it flyover.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

One of the reasons I moved OUT of the Northeast is to escape the martial-order like atmosphere. (I was living in NYC during WTC, and Boston suburbs during the Marathon bombing, and witnessed the lockdown, chaos, and peril of both.

East coast West coast, its all America now. Land of the over reactionary police response. What happened at LAX should be a clue…

Everywhere USA is chomping at the bit to outdo 911, Boston, Sandy Hook, whatever.

Get used to it. And hope you don't get trapped in any prison style "lockdowns".

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
A system to detect nuclear and radiological threat? Obviously not talking about a Fat Man, since you just need to eyes to detect it. (with sunglasses)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Wow... having grown up there in the 1980's I can't help but openly laugh at this stupidity. I know it's not nice, but it's just too funny to resist.

I'm sorry, but REAL threats were what people lived with during the Cold War. Then? Southern California didn't prepare for attack, they prepared for survival in a post-holocaust world, for the few who would survive at all. After all, Southern California was a 'Total Overkill Zone', as one of the terms I learned as a child. It meant Nukes wouldn't simply overlap blast radius, but would train into the targets, one after another.

The "radio dispatch center" above L.A. is a neat little building. It's not nearly as interesting as the hollow mountain it sits on top of though, and just one of many topographic features I don't think maps after such a war would include anymore. There simply wouldn't be a small range between the L.A. basin and San Fernando Valley anymore. THAT was a real threat and a real thing to prepare for.

Now? They "prepare" by scaring the crap out of a public largely too busy or young to remember what REAL threats were when people could REALLY get killed in more than a table top hypothetical, meant to draw budget dollars.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Wabbit, I totally agree what REAL threats WERE.

But to say REAL threats shall stay the same into the present, and future, is backward thinkin, aint it?

Theres still folks who won't conceive that their tax dollars went into killin thousands at WTC, and some innocent bystanders in massacres here and there.

It is the age of state-sponsored TERROR and its all a matter of time (and maybe some sinister Illuminati symbolatry?) where the next domestically sponsored TERROR happens and does anywone else here reason it's likely to be be even MORE catastrophic than WTC's planes flying into skyscrapers?

Indeed we get enough radiation from Fuku and bomb threats from Yellowstone please US admin, don't add to it!

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

The date is obviously wrong, but the facts are still facts.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I know the chances of a dirty bomb is fairly minor but LA and its port would be a prime target. Granted this grant is for an upgade for what the already have in place. On the plus side if they get these upgrades in place within half a decade they will able to get another grant as well. This program for the cities has been around since 2006 sand this is LAs second upgrade. So it is not really anything new.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I know the chances of a dirty bomb is fairly minor but LA and its port would be a prime target. Granted this grant is for an upgade for what the already have in place. On the plus side if they get these upgrades in place within half a decade they will able to get another grant as well. This program for the cities has been around since 2006 sand this is LAs second upgrade. So it is not really anything new.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
If any agency prepares for (insert disaster scenario of choice here), there's automatically a conspiracy afoot. Why now? Why here? Why this? Whyyyyy? (yes, I am aware of the drills that magically turned into reality, but that isn't the case 100 percent of the time..)

If an agency failed to prepare and the disaster happened.... everyone would be screaming about their lack of preparation and conspiracy would be afoot.

There is no winning for them, apparently

And, to the person that brought up Fukushima.. very interesting angle you have there, especially with the fuel move (did they start that yet?) and all the potential doom-y, gloomy implications in the event it doesn't go well.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

daryllyn
If any agency prepares for (insert disaster scenario of choice here), there's automatically a conspiracy afoot. Why now? Why here? Why this? Whyyyyy? (yes, I am aware of the drills that magically turned into reality, but that isn't the case 100 percent of the time..)

If an agency failed to prepare and the disaster happened.... everyone would be screaming about their lack of preparation and conspiracy would be afoot.

There is no winning for them, apparently

And, to the person that brought up Fukushima.. very interesting angle you have there, especially with the fuel move (did they start that yet?) and all the potential doom-y, gloomy implications in the event it doesn't go well.

I Believe The reason people think something is going to happen, is because they WANT something to happen.

It is my own personal belief that so many people are unsatisfied with the current state of affairs they want anything to press the reset button just so they can try a different way of life.

However people aren't naturally anti-social creatures, and we only ant a reset if everyone else resets with us.

Me? I just go with whatever floats my way.

top topics

join