It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My purpose unknown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Hello everyone, it's been quite a while since the last time I was here.

This post is kind of a desperate scream for help, as the title states, it is related to my purpose on this universe. I am a firm believer in destiny, I also am a firm believer in free will and lastly in multiverses.

For some time I've been feeling like there is something on this world I must achieve in order for something incredibly important to happen, like I have a part on a master plan for/of the universe but I do not know what it is. I ussually forget about it after a while but then something 'clicks' within me telling me there is something I must do, this time that uneasyness feels stronger, as if the time for me to act is getting closer, unfortunately it doesn't seem I'm getting closer to getting anything done.

I'm a very skeptical person, so it has crossed my mind that this feeling might be quite normal, but I just feel so out of place that I felt sharing this with you might prove useful, maybe there is something more?

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mbartelsm

There is no common highway of agreement as to the purpose of human life. This is something we must each chase down on our own and in the process, find reason for our own existence.

A few things are fairly certain; we are born into a hopeless situation where lacking caring parents, we would die before we lived. Following that, as we gain consciousness, we tend to turn away from those who are there to assure our survival. In short... we are smarter in our youth than those who have lived two-to-three times as long as ourselves, lol.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

It seems to me that the idea of free will and the idea of destiny to not fit well into the same belief system. As for destiny alone I heard one of those slogans once that went something like if you can see the path in front of you, it is not your path but someone else's. I figure that if destiny is real then I will just leave destiny to destiny.

Free will also seems to me to be an elusive critter. Some believe and others don't. Me? I have found in my life that it is better for me to act as if there is rather than that there is not.

It also may serve you to not believe so "firmly" in any of these or other existential possibilities.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Have you considered, that your purpose is not only for you to figure out, but for you to dictate? Its just a possibility to consider, that is all.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Is not so much as destiny in the sense of "you were going to end up doing that anyways" as it is in the sense of "your life is supposed to work out this way, it's up to you to find the path"

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Ah...so there you are. It's about time. They told me you'd be along soon, but I guess I was expecting you in the Metaphysics forum.

I'm going to need a cash infusion if this thing's ever going to get off the ground. We can probably use PayPal to get started. To be frank, I expected most of this to have already been worked out, but whatever.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Destiny is a tricky thing, maybe if you just relax a little and let your destiny find you? Heh.....uuuhhhh I don't really know what I am trying to say, if its destined to happen then it will. I heard someone say " Destiny will only take you so far , the rest is up to you." The universe is a big place and we must be like ants in the grand scheme of things.

Are you filled with regret about your past, your writing seems a little sad or maybe mellon collie . Like maybe exhausted yourself over this. If it is your destiny then it will happen if it isn't your destiny it won't. :-)

Keep your head up and maybe go with the flow of things.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

NorEaster
Ah...so there you are. It's about time. They told me you'd be along soon, but I guess I was expecting you in the Metaphysics forum.

I'm going to need a cash infusion if this thing's ever going to get off the ground. We can probably use PayPal to get started. To be frank, I expected most of this to have already been worked out, but whatever.

LOL. This is either the most cynical trolling ever, or a very smart response to someone looking for something outwardly that can only be found inwardly.

OP: Do not give money to anyone, no matter how many secrets they promise you. All B.S.

Keep searching within yourself, without a guide, without looking to others to answer only what you can answer. Nobody has your answer, period.

Ugh. I probably just got trolled too. I feel slimy.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Well, don't sell yourself short, either. Many are born into this world feeling as if they have a "greater mission" in life. It needs no overt form, but if you are on this forum I assume you are aware of humanity's distressful state. They say look inward, but serving a cause greater then your Self will ultimately bring you far more joy then relentless introspective brooding. It is neither within nor without. Have you been set aside for a special purpose? In the end, this will be defined by what you do. Be. Act. Think. Speak. Feel. and when intuition calls, answer her. Move forward and the path will move with you. Namaste.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Hi friend.

I want to say something to you. Please take it as a loving comment.

What makes a great person great, is that they figure out something
really worthwhile that they can do, then they do it.

If the whole world tells you that you are wrong, but you actually
know better.. and you never ever give up; then you might accomplish
something really wonderful. But that's what it takes. If anything can
get in your way.. if you aren't willing to put in decades of suffering
and seeking (if that is necessary -- don't suffer just to suffer) to
firm up your purpose and start turning that first pebble into an
avalanche -- then you will be pretty much the same as any other
person who has ever lived. You'll have grand ambitions, you will
feel special, you will suffer, then you will die feeling partly or
mostly unfulfilled. This is the way of things; I'm not putting you
or anyone down.

Finally it bears saying, that being a true friend to one person,
or being kind to one animal, might be a mountain of wonder
and significance. The universe can 'grow' anyone it wants or
needs (to anthropomorphize it) to perform some function.

What's important is that you make your life meaningful for
you; keep that in mind and the future will take care of
itself.

Good luck.

KPB

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

everything is what you make it just you being here is the importance you have already made differences wether you know it or not, maybe this feeling comes from the inner lack of importance idk i dont know you but what is to be done is what you want to do things dont just come to you you have to make your importance make what change the world you have to make a change

top topics

join