It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Pastor Says He Found Bibles in Costco’s Fiction Section

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Some people think Sherlock Holmes and King Arthur were real people, too.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

the go in the spiritual and religious section... and that's pretty much where you'll see them any other place than a Costco... such as a library or Barnes and Nobel.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

SisyphusRide

peter vlar

SisyphusRide
reply to post by peter vlar

hey brother you presented the questions... so its your mystery.

if you have the answer please do tell...

Ok since it wasn't clear in the first few ways I framed it let me try to be more clear. You made the claim that the bible was a historically accurate document,
please do quote me.

I said there is historicity to the bible...

it is you who laid claim to 100% total accuracy, which is not very scientific considering this link shows you historicity

edit on th545313p0300000053R54 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

Ahhh I see we're Back to your tactics of other threads, make claim A then run like hell and say you're taken out of context and meant claim B. Well done!

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

SisyphusRide
Dickens just doesn't have the history or the fan base that the bible has for your mock comparison.

I would take well read, introspective fans over the bibles die hard proponents anyway of the week. Over 200 million copies of A Tale of Two Cities have been sold in 150 years. Not too shabby but it still doesn't make either itself or the Bible anymore historically accurate.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

no tactics... honorable non spoon fed discussion.

the bible existed well before the unearthing of any of the objects I presented you with a small list of.

I present another... en.wikipedia.org...

Extra-biblical sources:
Prior to the 19th century, textual analysis of the Bible itself was the only tool available to extract and evaluate whatever historical data it contained. The past two hundred years, however, have seen a proliferation of new sources of data and analytical tools, including: Other Near Eastern texts, documents and inscriptions[9] The material remains recovered throughout the Near East by archaeological excavation, analysed by ever more sophisticated technical and statistical apparatus[10] Historical geography, demography, soil science, technology studies, and comparative linguistics[11] Anthropological and sociological modelling The Apocrypha, or non-canonical texts

edit on th185113p0400000051R18 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

whatever you do just don't feed me carrots... they have a tendency to come back up.

edit on th171313p05u13R17 by SisyphusRide because: In 1585 years people are going to wonder like hell what was really said.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

SisyphusRide

the go in the spiritual and religious section... and that's pretty much where you'll see them any other place than a Costco... such as a library or Barnes and Nobel.

There's no such thing as a "religious" section for books in a Costco (at least the ones I've been in.)

What this is all about is a subset of Protestants pissed off because they can't spiritually domimate everyone else anymore in an increasingly diverse America and who are looking for the slightest excuse to get their noses out of joint.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

DelMarvel

SisyphusRide

There's no such thing as a "religious" section for books in a Costco (at least the ones I've been in.)

yes that's correct...

edit on th371713p11u17R37 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

tadaman
reply to post by signalfire

Spirituality and wisdom go hand in hand.

Knowledge is empty without a mind to understand it and grow.

Why even ask...why are we here, where did we come from and are going.....that is a soul searching. It is not logical to look at the smallest form of life or the farthest ray of light when we do not benefit from it physically and in our world.

We do these things because our souls /spirit ask questions our minds can not answer.

The quest for knowledge is void if not to fulfill the yearnings of the restless spirit.....

Just saying. Some of our greatest minds were driven by the search for "Gods /gods" thoughts,
language and handwriting.....

If not we are just as good and can stop at food, warmth, and sex.......

edit on 11 24 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

I agree with almost anything you said but....
insteed of the word ''soul'' I would use human mind
and when we can't yet give answer to some great questions, it is totally wrong to say ''god must did it''
Because then you stop searching and wondering about the mysteries around us, and you start giving credit to a fairytale for everything you can't explain.
That stops science and research and provokes blind faith.
Real spirituality can only exist outside religion

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Seems to be the religious looking for a reason to get angry, and get a little publicity (in other words trying to keep themselves in the spotlight), rather than just follow the words and help people without using doctrine.

In my experience, people that get angry over petty things are standing on very thin ice... religious "ice" seems to be melting away daily, and many people are very angry that they may be seen to not be "right".

Given much of the content of the bible, the fiction section seems appropriate.
edit on 27-11-2013 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Brings to mind a trip I made to the library a few years ago looking for "The Celestine Prophecy". I actually found it in the non-fiction section, which I found odd. I asked the librarian about it and she said it was classified that way because it was considered to be 'self help'.

It made no sense to me, but it's not like I was going to forearm shiver a librarian over it.

I found that particular book to be a boring, plodding slogfest, by the way. And it is most definitely, a novel.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join