Public Education was designed to create obedient workers and soldiers who won't question authority.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
+14 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It turns out our public education system was modeled after the Prussian model which was instituted after Prussia took a beating in the Napoleonic wars. It was decided that the soldiers thought too much for themselves and didn't follow orders well so it was determined that, in order to ensure future military superiority, a public education system would be instituted to crush the independent spirit of the people to ensure they would cease to think for themselves and follow the orders of authority figures unquestioningly.

Considering the way the German people followed Hitler, even to the genocide of the Jewish race, I would say the system has been pretty effective.

In the early 1800's it was decided to bring this system over to the US to ensure good workers for our factories and good soldiers for the battlefield. Most of the leaders of this movement and college presidents of the time had been trained in Prussia and made their intent to dumb down the average American obvious.

The elite continued to keep their independence by sending their children to private schools where they would receive an elite education with the intent of their ruling over those exposed to public education.

The Origins of the American Public Education System

The American Public Education System was directly imported from Prussia (modern day Germany). This model of “free and compulsory” education was designed by the Prussian Emperor, in order to generate obedient workers and soldiers who would not question his authority.

In the 1830′s, American Lawmaker Horace Mann visited Prussia and researched its education methodology. He was infatuated with the emperor’s method of eliminating free thought from his subjects and designed an education system for Massachusetts directly based on these concepts. The movement then quickly spread nationally.

Horace Mann said, “The State is the father of children.” Do you want your children growing up in total submission to the State?

Farmwars

This explains all of the crazy stories coming out of schools nowadays and how they seem to be focused more on controlling the student's actions and getting them used to obedience than on teaching them the basic skills needed to live their lives.

edit on 11/24/13 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I knew that when I was young. I listened to may dad and his brothers talking about it long ago. They weren't sure though, it was just an idea they had. This isn't new, it has been going on for generations. Most of the structure of society today is tied to this. You can't fight city hall applies to more than just government.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The only thing you learn in public school is how to live inside the box. Unfortunately.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

boncho
The only thing you learn in public school is how to live inside the box. Unfortunately.

we agree on something!

School is not education, it simply is not!
Kids spend about 14 very important years of their lives in schools, and when they come out they need training to flip a
mc' d's burger....ffs.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Parents teaching their children was not the goal in the beginning.

Agenda 21 is now the lord and master of education and therefore our children.

So...did it start this way? No.

Is it now the norm? Yup.

sad but true.

Peace

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Stanley Milgram beat the public education system.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I have been ranting about this to people on and off over the years.

Science studies back this claim up, that basically our education system is bunk, but no one will admit it.

Studies since the 60s looked into how people and mainly children learn. Methods where developed to easily induce speed reading, trained/improved memorization etc. but none were ever implemented, and weirdly the opposite seems to have been implemented, the way taught to read in elementary schools actually almost guarantees a child wont learn to speed read, while children left to their own devices will statistically likely end up teaching themselves to speed read.

Studies have show that lectures are the worst way to teach people yet that is the entire core of the current eduction system.

A researcher in India has done experiments with children living in slums on how they teach themselves when left to their own devices, and he showed that learning and education is a self organizing structure, you can leave them on their own and they will learn better then with direct controlled involvement provided the resources and access to information where left to them in a ordered manor, which flies in the face of the entire current education model.

This even extends to universes. Ludicrous bureaucracy and weirdly designed course loads overloading students, making them so busy they can barley even chat to their friends (I speak form my time in engineering) there is no time to even think about anything other then what they shove down your throat, and everyone complies due to the fear of failing and not getting a job.

Honestly this world is whack, everything is the opposite of what it should be. Education doesn't help people learn, the government is not for the people, economics which use to mean the study of taking care of ones home or environment now destroys our home and environment, everything is backwards.
edit on 24-11-2013 by halfmask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Which is why administration has officers roaming the halls. You think they want to stop the random girl fight?? No, it just re-enforces their agenda using an 'in-your-face' tactic.

OBEY OBEY OBEY

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The public school system is nothing less than a top down dumb 'em down to flip burgers all day every day.

Kore Kurriculum
Kore around the World

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
this quote is timeless.. Any regime in power will try as much brainwashing as possible. I mean everything is all good until those in power feel they deserve MORE.

Men had better be without education than be educated by their rulers; for their education is but the mere breaking in of the steer to the yoke; the mere discipline of the hunting dog, which, by dint of severity, is made to forego the strongest impulse of his nature, and instead of devouring his prey, to hasten with it to the feet of his master.

Thomas Hodgskin
edit on 25-11-2013 by HanzHenry because: bb

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by halfmask

Because now, with the internet and the access to info, the ELites have to make people stupid. We have the facts that never were whispered before.

The ELites have went from concealment to in the open. Now, it is just up whether they can complete the goals of centuries.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I just want to say, on behalf of us old farts who some blame for making this mess kids now have to live with? Schools were NOT always like this. Not by a LONG shot. The only barbed wire I ever saw on a campus was show & tell projects. Now? I've seen some with razor wire on split rows of triple strand barbed wire, like it's a secure facility expecting attack.

Junior High School had me bringing in a .22 rifle for show & tell with nothing required but removal of the firing pin prior to having it on school grounds and, of course, I didn't get to carry it through the day. lol.... Today? A SWAT team would be called for merely seeing it in the trunk ..and a psych eval may be ordered just for asking about showing it.

At one time, not THAT long ago, Schools had Metal Shop, Wood Shop, Home Economics and Drivers Ed was like a right of passage for kids everywhere. Now? Well... I only need to pay attention on my ride to the college, passing through 3 other college zones, to see how little the next generations know or care about the most basic of skills, like driving.

No, schools were NOT, absolutely NOT, always this way. It doesn't even take a time machine, as so many of us have living memory of a time so different, we'd have laughed at anyone who suggested THIS day would arrive within our own lifetimes. It would have been cause to wonder about the sanity of the person suggesting it, in fact.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Junior High School had me bringing in a .22 rifle for show & tell...

At one time, not THAT long ago, Schools had Metal Shop, Wood Shop, Home Economics and Drivers Ed...

No, schools were NOT, absolutely NOT, always this way. It doesn't even take a time machine, as so many of us have living memory of a time so different, we'd have laughed at anyone who suggested THIS day would arrive within our own lifetimes. It would have been cause to wonder about the sanity of the person suggesting it, in fact.

a.)
in 1993 as a senior in HS, many pickup trucks in the parking lot with a rifle rack in the back _ And I guarantee they weren't all locked. Small town Illinois was awesome until around then, I think it died that year. just known as a racist little town with Jim Crow laws posted in the Ford County courthouse halls. Brick roads, nice everything, NO CRIME... NONE whatsoever .. I swear maybe 30% of the town locked their doors at night, whole at work, etc...All until the MS-13 type gangs started flooding in.

b.)
I majored in Ind Arts in HS.. lol. why need that today? there are no factories to work at..

c.)
THIS day.. makes me cry.. There are about 20 things that have happened since 9/11.. Done by the GOVT, that I would have LAUGHED you out the room back in say 1983..
"ha, haha... Man, before that was allowed, some crusty Ol Marine Officer will round up half the country and drag those people in D.C. into the streets"..." No way would cops in AMERICA ever do A,B,C,D - X,Y,Z.. the whole town will drag them into the street"..

how foolish.. all through the 90's I should have been looking down a different path.. American Dream is Over..

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
I just want to say, on behalf of us old farts who some blame for making this mess kids now have to live with? Schools were NOT always like this. Not by a LONG shot.

The only difference between schools then and today is that they are much more blatant and out in the open about their agenda today than they were back in the "good ole days" when we were kids. Back when we were in school, the control and obedience training was much more subtle and not everybody caught on to it. Back then, they actually pretended to put an effort into making sure the kids who came out of 12 years of schooling could read and write and do decent arithmetic. If kids came out of school as dumb as today back then, people would have caught on sooner.

There were some people who did recognize exactly what was going on inside the schools and tried to warn us. Take Pink Floyd's 1979 album, "The Wall" for instance.

Make no mistake, the whole purpose of public schooling back in those days was to teach obedience to authority figures, just like it is today. Why do you think it is that the people don't openly revolt against the blatant corruption of our government and their openly obvious agenda of control in schools and by the police?

It is because after 150 years of Prussian style public schooling, we have become well trained little serfs for the ruling class to lord over. Don't fool yourself into thinking that it was different back in our time. It was just more subtle but still, extremely effective.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Star and flag. I figured this out in grammar school.
I'm sure most ATSers thought something like that.

The additional details are nice though.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I agree to a point. In so far as the efforts were already underway to turn the halls of Education into Indoctrination, yes, it was well underway by the 80's. Although the people to really bring that home in the worst ways were a long way in the 1980's from being administrators and leaders themselves yet. The touchy/feely mixed with a tyrannic stick which came out of the counter-culture 60's movement had a bit more time before those shaped by it, could shape others from those positions.

I don't recall the control issues we have today. I smoked right on campus, rebel that I was back then, and was largely ignored for it. Fist fights to settle life's little issues were common with a couple a week. Shootings were 0 for the majority of my time in school. The one that did happen was at the local mall between school kids, but it was a punk shooting a classmate in the head so her death would be his gang initiation. He stayed free about an hour before they got his butt, too.

So, I just can't agree on this one, that schools of our time were anything like they are today. Right down to the curriculum and class choices themselves. Things were very very different. I was born in the early 70's with my folks both being a product of the 50's. It was that period my father actually got firearms safety IN SCHOOL... Public school... unthinkable by today's standards, eh?

SO much has changed..SO greatly and in SUCH a short time.
edit on 25-11-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Sure, you were able to bring your gun to school and smoke in between classes, that just goes to show that they have been systematically increasing the list of taboos as time goes on. It does not change the fact that public school was then and always has been about training us to be obedient to authority.

When the fire bell rang, you can remember getting up calmly, forming an orderly line and WALKING, following the teacher out of the building to the designated collection point. You remember having to raise your hand to answer a question in class and having to wait on the teacher to acknowledge you. We all stood dutifully at the beginning of every day and recited the Pledge of Allegiance. We were taught to always be attentive to the teacher and take notes on what she was teaching. God help the poor soul caught daydreaming or sleeping in class. A good tongue-lashing would be the least of their worries and I can remember a few times when the teacher would slam a large, heavy book on a sleeping student's desk. It made my heart skip a beat, I can't imagine how the offending student didn't have a heart attack. All these things were about teaching us to have respect for the teacher's authority and to obey her without question.

You may have been free to bring in your smokes and your guns but, do you remember how teachers used to react to chewing gum? Lord help the poor student caught chewing in class. Back in my day, that would have gotten the paddle (in elementary school) or a good bit of detention (Middle and High school). They hadn't yet decided to brand smoking or guns as evils of the day back then but, the crusade they mounted against chewing gum was their precursor to banning such things in the present age.

It has always been about teaching respect for and obedience to authority figures. Now, they've added in brainwashing to make the kids fearful of guns, tobacco and global warming.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Now everything makes perfect sense, it's been a battle throughout life to think critically and out-of-the-system, it still is, thanks to these $%**@^# who didn't want us to think for ourselves.

That's almost 15 years on average out of our youth years of endless trails to deduct our minds. It's incredible after all these years we are still capable of think critical, THEY CANNOT SHUT DOWN OUR BRAINS.

It hurts me to think what they did to us, and still do. I hope humanity wakes up from this hypnosis.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Great thread fortAnthem,

Over the years I've seen a lot of stunning evidence
to support the worker/soldier education system.

My theory is that the department of war in America
was actually broken into the department of defense
AND the department of education.

Social Class and the Hidden Curriculum of Work

JEAN ANYON This essay first appeared in Journal of Education, Vol. 162, no. 1, Fall 1980.

. . .

In the fifth school the majority of the families belong to the capitalist class.

. . .

Executive Elite School

In the executive elite school, work is developing one's analytical intellectual powers. Children are continually asked to reason through a problem, to produce intellectual products that are both logically sound and of top academic quality. A primary goal of thought is to conceptualize rules by which elements may fit together in systems and then to apply these rules in solving a problem. Schoolwork helps one to achieve, to excel, to prepare for life.

If one had to decipher the intention behind this
my guess would be that it was done out of some
kind of misguided benevolence motive, but re-
guardless as that may be, it happened, it was by
design ... and we are looking at the results every
where these days.

University of chicago . edu
cuip.uchicago.edu...

The linked article was fascinating
thanks for the ten minutes very well spent!

They were shining in their spent.

They were spented.

They awokeneded spented.

It's about Irregular verb conjugations
as the very clear dividing line between upper and lower class.

Infact, search engine test this string

+"irregular verb conjunctions"

Just copy paste to your favored browser.

Does anyone else see any more than 2 pages of results?

MIke Grouchy

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I don't disagree that America's education system is far from perfect. What I'm having trouble is collectively analyzing my own experiences, comparing that to the criticisms about my generation, and reading threads like these. I mean, often I've heard Gen Y called the "Entitlement Generation" of spoiled brats who want free handouts. My generation apparently suffers from special-snowflake syndrome and a desire to be unique, yet here I'm hearing we're all raised to function like a collective.

I'm mean, I don't get it.

First I hear I'm an indoctrinated fool who can't think for himself; toiling and working for a system of oppression that squashed my passions in the name of making me a "better worker" and yet here I find myself, pursuing my dreams in college.

As I think back to my elementary teachers, I remember that each and every one of them treated my classmates and I as human beings. One of my middle school teachers urged me to join a club called MESA (Math, Engineering, Science, Achievement), and my high school teachers stressed cultivating interests, be them art, literature, or music.

None as much as I can remember played dictator and oppressed us, and I think I came out fine.
I'm literally at a loss here!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join