It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are yout least favortie bands?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
just as the title says.
mine
YELLOWCARD
New Found Glory
Simple Plan
Sum 41
and all that rap junk hate that too

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Everclear
Metallica
Sum41
Linkin Park
Korn

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Any bands/artists that are super overplayed like New Found Glory, Eminem and Usher for example. I also have an undying hatred for Ja Rule and anyone who collaborates with him.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Basicly anything modern but ones that I can list are

Metallica (But I like Megadeth, go figure)
Greenday (Punk wannabes)
Usher (Too much hype)
New Found Glory
Britney Spears
Black Eyed Peas
Korn
Linkin Park
Limp Bizkit
Nirvana
Pearl Jam
Evanessance
Simple Plan
Jessica and Ashly Simpson
The Sex Pistols

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I hate to sound like my grandfather and father did, but pretty much any band past about 1995...

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Greenday
Usher
New Found Glory
Britney Spears
Black Eyed Peas
Korn
Linkin Park
Limp Bizkit
Nirvana
Pearl Jam
Evanessance
Simple Plan

I borrowed your list Jedi... we definitly think alike on this one..

I also hate almost any new hip-hop song... if it's newer than 1997, I probably don't like it...

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Just look at all the bands that are big in the entertainment world right now. 99% of them do not have a lick of talent and if they ever did they have just become paradies of themselves. That does not nessecerilly mean that they have sold out, but rather that every album they make seems to be the songs that did not make the cut of the album before it. Sadly bands like The Cure, Duran x2 and DM fall into this catagory.

American mainstream sucks! And I have to ask the question: Alternative to what!?! Alternative is the mainstream now.

Oh ya! And punk IS dead! These 90's/00' psudo-punk bands have nothing to do with punk.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Oh ya! And punk IS dead! These 90's/00' psudo-punk bands have nothing to do with punk.

It's not called punk anymore. It's Punk-revival. And then its only bands like Anti-Flag.

I really don't not like a lot of bands. Anything that is accepted by the masses is worthy of recognition, regardless of whether it has talent or not.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mig12
It's not called punk anymore. It's Punk-revival.

Hu!?!

I really don't not like a lot of bands. Anything that is accepted by the masses is worthy of recognition, regardless of whether it has talent or not.

Again, hu!?!

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Punk is dead.

Whatever they play nowadays is listed by AMG as punk-revival.

I said recognition, not that you had to like it.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mig12
I said recognition, not that you had to like it.

It has nothing to do with me liking it or not. I simply do not understand what you are attempting to convey because of things like "don't not", "It's not called punk anymore. It's Punk-revival", and anything that is popular is worth recognition.

Not to bust your chops, but it is all the double negatives that confuses me as to your actual opinion. And the recognition thing...do you mean that you believe if a band/singer is popular that we should acknowledge their validity merely on the case that a large group of people enjoy them? This has nothing to do with liking them or not, it has to do with believing they are important just because the media tells you they are.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

This has nothing to do with liking them or not, it has to do with believing they are important just because the media tells you they are.

Not the media, I said masses of people.

And if the masses choose to become slaves, you must acknowledge it and move on.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
not particularly that I hate bands: gotta remember, I LIKE listening to Penderecki's Threnody for Hiroshima......and George Crum....

What I dislike is rediculous repetition of phrases and over-siplified music scores.....which means most rappers can strangle on their own spit and make better music, imo, and I'd be more likely to listen too...

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Two words ...

The Beatles

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Hoobastank
William Hung
Limp Bizkit
Eminem

you see where this is going

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Ween, ween and ween

Push th' little daisies

Plus most rap. I mean Public Enemy, De La Soul, Run DMC, these guys were/are good. But Usher, Nelly?:bnghd:

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I speak for the whole of the UK when i say this one...evil...word..

Busted

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
I speak for the whole of the UK when i say this one...evil...word..

Busted

Too bloody true!!!!!

I would also like to say that Greenday are a great band and just because they dont play hardcore punk doesn't make them sissys. Unless you can do better of course but everyones entitled to their opinion.

Busted
Limp biscuit
The Razmus (now, they're wanna bes)
Fast food rockers
3 of a kind (could that song they sing be anymore annoying)
They ****head who sings Fook you i dont want you back ( stop whying you banker!!!)

and many more

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Somehow I never really got off on Backstreet Boys.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Somehow I never really got off on Backstreet Boys.

Hurrah!! I'm shocked you didn't include Michael Bolton or Kenny G or even god forbid Celine Dion

I honesty cannot think of a *least* favorite band/group/singer/artist. They must all be doing something right to be where they are. And I'm sure the lot of them are crying all the way to the bank

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join