It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only in America ....An ACA rant

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
My kid is going to the ER this afternoon.

I am NOT one of these parents that goes to the docs for 'just the sniffles' Because it has always cost me more than what I have in checking account every time I go.

Medical care in the US is NOT free!!

If I don't pay the 150 up front, my kid will not be seen.

He is not unconscience so no emergency ambulance but he has enough symptoms that requires am ER room trip.

I am completely PISSED that it has come to a dollar amount rather or not he gets actually treated.

I AM PISSED AND WANT CARE FOR MY SON!!!!

+++MODS... Put this in the rant if need be.

I have the basics in ER/first aid

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

palmalBlue2

And you took important time to post this? Color me confused.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by palmalBlue2

Private OR Public hospital????

I have NEVER heard of a hospital asking for money "up front" for treatment.......

If that is the case, document it! Things will get MUCH worse before they get better!

EDIT: OH WAIT? Are you complaining because you can't afford the ambulance to take your son to the hospital????

How about a cab?

edit on 24-11-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
You know, it doesnt reallky matter in this day and age what TYPE of insurance you have, as long as you can pay. [medicare/medidais not included]

II have top notch insurance, but for whatever 'fricken reason' it MATTERS if I can pay the co-pay or not.

This is COMPLETE BS!!!!

I had to call a friend who works in the hospital that is under coverage through our insurance to figure out WHo to speak to to get treatment because we don't have the 150. co- pay.

WTF happened....this wasn't the case when he was younger and live in the hospital.

Jezus.....You people in the UK and Canada have it made!

Moma mear rant...I am sorry.....I have insurance but CANT GET MY KID ADAQUATE TREATMENT WITHOUT MOOOLAH!!

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Maybe you should have waited to have a kid until you could actually afford to take care of it.

That whole personal responsibility thing you know?

Now your going to bitch and moan for the government (I.E.) me, to take care of you.

sad

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

palmalBlue2
You know, it doesnt reallky matter in this day and age what TYPE of insurance you have, as long as you can pay. [medicare/medidais not included]

II have top notch insurance, but for whatever 'fricken reason' it MATTERS if I can pay the co-pay or not.

This is COMPLETE BS!!!!

I had to call a friend who works in the hospital that is under coverage through our insurance to figure out WHo to speak to to get treatment because we don't have the 150. co- pay.

WTF happened....this wasn't the case when he was younger and live in the hospital.

Jezus.....You people in the UK and Canada have it made!

Moma mear rant...I am sorry.....I have insurance but CANT GET MY KID ADAQUATE TREATMENT WITHOUT MOOOLAH!!

It does not matter what state you live in, hospitals are required by Federal Law to provide Emergency Treatment in an ER regardless of being able to pay or not, this did NOT change with the ACA.. sorry something's not adding up here, that law has been on the books for almost 50 years now...and they have never repealed, changed, amended or bastardized it...

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

intrepid

palmalBlue2

And you took important time to post this? Color me confused.

Long sorry short.....I can't get treatment for my kid even though we have the 'right ' insurance and suuposedely enough money.

If I dont have the co-pay- he doea NOT get treated.

This wasn't the case 10 years ago.

I am angry at the system and am just ranting.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
MODS>>>> PUT THIS IN THE RANT SECTION>>>>

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Well if it was me I'd take care of my kid first. Post this here later. I'm funny that way though. My kids are more important than politics.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

intrepid

Well if it was me I'd take care of my kid first. Post this here later. I'm funny that way though. My kids are more important than politics.

That was only one of the things that bugged me Intrepid, and you know me I don't get "bugged" much..

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
How did it come to having ehough money [for the co-pays] and the right insurance before treatment... This is COMPLETE Bs

This wasn't the case for us 3 years ago but ib all honesty, it does seem to matter now. I Got off the phone with 2 RNs that basically said that it does matter in our town.

1 hospital is for profit and the other one not.

I cant beleive I had to make THAT phone call in the US in this day and age.

All I can think is that if this was 2003, he would be dead for the amount that we spent at the ER and Drs.

*** Your healthplan SUCKS Obama!!!! Perfectly good people in middle class that are now being SCREWDED thanks to YOU/Congress!!***

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Health care "business" is deplorable in the US. The DH & I have health insurance. We paid to have extra coverage on some health issue my husband has. We asked specifically about it beforehand (in Nov 2012) to make sure the health insurance & extra coverage would cover it. Now almost a year later, we're finding out that the health insurance is NOT going to pay for all of his appointments. The health insurance company is dictating to his doctors and to him about what he needs. There's an explicative or to to describe what this is.

Not only that but it took the health insurance company 1 1/2 months to tell us if we would be able to keep our current health insurance plan under Obamacare. Turns out we can't. We have a new plan picked out. Put in the first payment for it. I resent having to pay coverage for a "child" up to 26 (we don't have kids.) I do not mean this as a slam for anyone that has kids. I want to know why the health insurance companies feel entitled to charging us for services people don't need. I resent having to pay for maternity care (covered in full) which I'll never use. Of course the new plan costs more!
edit on 24-11-2013 by mistressofspice because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Have you taken your kid to the ER as you said you needed to? Or is this just "M'eh".

palmalBlue2
*** Your healthplan SUCKS Obama!!!! Perfectly good people in middle class that are now being SCREWDED thanks to YOU/Congress!!***

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

vkey08

intrepid

That was only one of the things that bugged me Intrepid, and you know me I don't get "bugged" much..

To whoever said that.... my son DOES come first..... ask a few Phily PDs about that..... but..... right now, if I don't have the mulah, my kid doesn't get treatment.

Right now, my son is EXTREmely sick and I WILL make sue he gets treatment.
I am just upset right now that it is boiling down to money. It didn't before . We had the same insurance and the same all else.

Id pull a 'q' if thats what it took.

edit on 24-11-2013 by palmalBlue2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

So far you have tried to make people feel sorry for you and your predicament.

What exactly is wrong with your child? You keep avoiding answering that question........

I genuinely want to try to help you, but your posts and drama (in your writing) leads me to think you are being disingenuous and looking for attention.....

Also, how much time is it taking you to watch this thread and make your answers, while acting like your sons life is in danger? If my child was in need of emergency medical attention, I sure as hell wouldn't be on ATS making posts of your nature.....

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

seeker1963

So far you have tried to make people feel sorry for you and your predicament.

What exactly is wrong with your child? You keep avoiding answering that question........

I genuinely want to try to help you, but your posts and drama (in your writing) leads me to think you are being disingenuous and looking for attention.....

Also, how much time is it taking you to watch this thread and make your answers, while acting like your sons life is in danger? If my child was in need of emergency medical attention, I sure as hell wouldn't be on ATS making posts of your nature.....

He has had a migraine pain level headache for the last 3 days [he says more ]
When he gets up and walks around.... he gets dizzy, sees spots and his vision gets blurry. He gets sick to his stomach and throws up.

when he is sitting to do hoemework, ... the pain increases and its almost like nacholepty....he gets supper sleepy.

We have tried ice packs, Tylenol etc. but the spots in his eyeS/dizzinesss/pain is getting worse.

He iss at the ER right now and I am waiting to hear back.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Well if it's like it is here that's a Demerol shot and a nights sleep. Look into migraine triggers. You'll find that processed meat and certain food dyes cause this and can be easily avoided.

edit on 24-11-2013 by intrepid because: Missed a word.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

palmalBlue2

vkey08

intrepid

To whoever said that.... my son DOES come first..... ask a few Phily PDs about that..... but..... right now, if I don't have the mulah, my kid doesn't get treatment.

Right now, my son is EXTREmely sick and I WILL make sue he gets treatment.
I am just upset right now that it is boiling down to money. It didn't before . We had the same insurance and the same all else.

Id pull a 'q' if thats what it took.

You missed my post above, it is ILLEGAL in any state in the country for a Hospital to refuse emergency treatment based upon ability to pay, they could lose their operating license if they refuse an emergency patient esp a child or elderly person. This is why I am questioning this whole scenario.. That law was NOT changed nor repealed by the ACA..

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
My wife and I recently had our first child together. She had a c-section and we stayed in the hospital for 5 days. After the c-section she developed some bleeding more than normal so she became anemic almost to the point of needing a transfusion.

After we had been home for a few days she passed some rather large clots and was in severe pain to the point she could barely walk. As a former EMT I felt she needed to get to the ER and be checked out. The first question they asked is how we intended to pay for the visit.

We have full coverage insurance so it wasn't an issue but I fear if we didn't care may have been delayed or rejected all together, even though I know they can't do that .... Yet!

Once ACA is fully implemented you will be expected to have it. My question is what if you don't?

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Spookybelle

Maybe you should have waited to have a kid until you could actually afford to take care of it.

That whole personal responsibility thing you know?

Now your going to bitch and moan for the government (I.E.) me, to take care of you.

sad

I normally agree with you on most things even though most on here don't. I am saying that my husband makes waaay more than the alootment , so yes, we have always maintained an income to afford us the luxury of top notch care...... not now

<<   2  3 >>

join