It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angola Bans Islam - Destroys Mosques

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

But when the free practice of Islam leads to this:

What do you do? Do you wait for it to bring about the attack or do you try to anticipate them? How do you handle a religion that seems to spawn more than its fair share of this kind of thing?

Now, I understand that all religions spawn their share of violent attackers. We currently have Buddhists attacking muslims in certain areas and Christianity has had its bad actors in the recent and distant past. And, of course, everyone points fingers at Israel.

However, Islam does seem prone to promoting this sort of behavior a lot more often recently.

Heck, I guess you can't absolve the anti-religious, either, as they have had mass murdering regimes in pursuit of the perfect State.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Where do you read I support this ? ....every person has the right to own religion/faith. The problem is this is not allowed in a muslim country as only Islam is allowed. So, this attitude from Angola may be the 1st step to put some preassure on muslim countries to see if some changes are made in the future.

It`s not right muslim people have all the fredom they want outside their countries and don`t allow the same kind of fredom in their countries.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

An honest reply will take time to formulate.

Apologies, but I would like to try and answer your question.

It just might take a bit.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

However, Islam does seem prone to promoting this sort of behavior a lot more often recently.

And what starts this sort of behavior? One of the reasons why the patsy said he did it was because of what America is doing in Afghanistan. America needs to learn that invading countries and killing the people there for no reason will cause blowback.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

CosmicDude
reply to post by gladtobehere

Where do you read I support this ? ....every person has the right to own religion/faith. The problem is this is not allowed in a muslim country as only Islam is allowed. So, this attitude from Angola may be the 1st step to put some preassure on muslim countries to see if some changes are made in the future.

It`s not right muslim people have all the fredom they want outside their countries and don`t allow the same kind of fredom in their countries.

They also ban Judaism, Buddism, Hinduism, and most Christian denominations (evangelicals in particular). Angola has very specific rules on what religions can be recognized. They tend to took look the other way a lot of the time as long as the right palms are greased but every few years they crack down on all the illegal churches and mosques etc. In a few months eveybody will have made the right bribes the Muslims and the illegal Christians will all be back in thier places of worship until the next crack down. Also it should be noted just because you become one of the small groups of religions or sects they do recognize that does not mean they will not pull your recognition if they think you have made any anti gov comments and not made the right pay offs.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Today Angola, tomorrow the world.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by StallionDuck

My suggestions:

1. Read the founding documents . . . at least the compiled sources documenting such exhortations on all the faithful.

2. Read the authentic history of the founder . . .

3. Read about the motivations of the founder at the time . . .

4. Read about the counsel to the founder by his friends and relatives about how to achieve maximum power, conquest, booty . . .

5. Read about the satanic moon cult that was the foundation of Islam, PRE-islam.

6. Read about the 20-70% of Muslims world wide who support "violent Jihad" . . . the percentages varying per country/region. Even 20% of a billion is a lot, folks.

7. Reflect on what has been happening in

--Scandinavia
--the UK
--Holland

8. Reflect on the overtly stated goals of world domination and utter extermination of all other religions on the part of the founding documents and a long list of leading Imam's around the world.

etc. etc. etc.

Then conclude . . . how comfortable you'd be in a country with a 90% Muslim populace.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

That behavior started well before America meddled anywhere near the Middle East.

Why do you think there is a line in the Marine Hymn about the shored of Tripoli? It's because of the Muslim pirates who couldn't be bothered to let well enough alone because:

In March 1785, Thomas Jefferson and John Adams went to London to negotiate with Tripoli's envoy, Ambassador Sidi Haji Abdrahaman (or Sidi Haji Abdul Rahman Adja). When they enquired "concerning the ground of the pretensions to make war upon nations who had done them no injury", the ambassador replied: It was written in their Koran, that all nations which had not acknowledged the Prophet were sinners, whom it was the right and duty of the faithful to plunder and enslave; and that every mussulman who was slain in this warfare was sure to go to paradise. He said, also, that the man who was the first to board a vessel had one slave over and above his share, and that when they sprang to the deck of an enemy's ship, every sailor held a dagger in each hand and a third in his mouth; which usually struck such terror into the foe that they cried out for quarter at once.[21]

This led to the First Barbary War which was mainly caused because the muslims of North African Barbary States felt if their right to prey upon any merchant ships they wanted that chose to sail through the Mediterranean. They started attacking American merchantmen right after we signed the Treaty of Paris and no longer fell under French naval protection.

I suppose we somehow offended them with our escape from European Imperialism?

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Although, Islam has been trying to conquer the planet since its inception. Via violent means, not sending peaceful missionaries. The crusades were not evil europeans attacking poor brown people, the crusades was Europe FINALLY getting their act together and realizing if they didn't act the rest of Europe would fall. As another member mentioned Islam was even a threat to the early US.

Islam has always been the largest threat to world freedom and happiness, although I think western governments surpassed them a few decades ago.

edit on 24-11-2013 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by buster2010

That behavior started well before America meddled anywhere near the Middle East.

Why do you think there is a line in the Marine Hymn about the shored of Tripoli? It's because of the Muslim pirates who couldn't be bothered to let well enough alone because:

In March 1785, Thomas Jefferson and John Adams went to London to negotiate with Tripoli's envoy, Ambassador Sidi Haji Abdrahaman (or Sidi Haji Abdul Rahman Adja). When they enquired "concerning the ground of the pretensions to make war upon nations who had done them no injury", the ambassador replied: It was written in their Koran, that all nations which had not acknowledged the Prophet were sinners, whom it was the right and duty of the faithful to plunder and enslave; and that every mussulman who was slain in this warfare was sure to go to paradise. He said, also, that the man who was the first to board a vessel had one slave over and above his share, and that when they sprang to the deck of an enemy's ship, every sailor held a dagger in each hand and a third in his mouth; which usually struck such terror into the foe that they cried out for quarter at once.[21]

This led to the First Barbary War which was mainly caused because the muslims of North African Barbary States felt if their right to prey upon any merchant ships they wanted that chose to sail through the Mediterranean. They started attacking American merchantmen right after we signed the Treaty of Paris and no longer fell under French naval protection.

I suppose we somehow offended them with our escape from European Imperialism?

Piracy was hardly a muslim thing. Maybe you forget the British, French and Spanish all raided US ships, leading to conflicts with all 3 of them over time. Also the Babary Pirates we so effective because they were European Christians who would "convert" and join them because they had been working for the Spanish or English as privateers and ended up out of work during brief times of peace. You should also note only one country protected US shipping, it was also the first nation to recognize the US and still stands as out longest treaty those evil Muslims in Morrocco. And their was this little thing called the Crusades that had started conflict between Christian and Muslim to begin with.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Japan also forbids all Muslims to enter their country.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

I am well aware that privateering was a tradition.

But, I am pointing out that Muslim pirates were attacking US merchantmen as soon as we had independent merchantmen to attack. This undermines the idea that Muslim violence against America began because we attacked Afghanistan. It started as soon as we became a nation and simply because we existed.

Further, when a diplomatic solution was sought the stated reason behind the attacks and enslavement was because all the world needed to be converted to Islam. This is still the reason behind the Islamic actions today. No Allah; No Peace.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Good news .Angola politicians are smart people with vision.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by StallionDuck

It's about time someone has the balls to call Islam what it really is, a religion that promises you 80 virgins is demonic. Blowing up innocent people, shooting girls in the head because they want to go to school.

They should be terminated.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

beezzer
My statement stands, though.

Two Islamic converts berated members of public and threatened stabbings as they roamed streets of east London

Two Islamic converts threatened to stab members of the public and "kill non-believers" as they roamed the streets of east London in the early hours of the morning.

Source: Telegraph

Now how is that freedom of religion?

"Don't believe in what we do? We'll stab you"...

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I'm finding some of this a bit disturbing in an African context.

While radical Islam is problematic; so is African fascism.

I mean, we really shouldn't create a discourse where some people are just evil and beyond human compassion and rights.

Does it then make it OK to expel them all, imprison them all, shoot them all, chop them all into pieces?
Will that make everyone happy because it is the "right" group of people?

Is that not just repeating what happened to Asians, and later gay people in Uganda?

It's becoming some disturbing Western revenge fantasy.

If Angola bans any faith, then that is a serious anti-democratic practice and problem for that country.
It is a problem then for our entire region.
It is not good news.

In conjunction with other fascist moments in southern Africa (and the white minority has been living under hate speech and threats for a long time - it is not nice), that does not bring hope to the region.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

I agree with you entirely. Islam has well over 1 billion total worldwide followers. If the entire Faith were of like mind to be at war, it would be a brutal world wide war we'd all know by personal experience of someone who had contact, if not direct contact ourselves. It would be in every nation, if the Faith itself were combative by it's very nature.

It has combative aspects that people who look for such things can focus on....and then again I can think of the Spanish Inquisition as it actually happened and existed to say it's not the only religion which can and has been taken to extremes. The majority and ones I've known are decent, reasonable people.

People also sometimes forget how many Muslim nations have Western basing rights given, not least of which the actual U.S. Naval Headquarters for the 5th Fleet at Bahrain. Not a bastion of Christian or Agnostic observance, at last I knew.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I stated at the outset that I was troubled with this, but I understood the impulse.

Africa has serious issues, and Angola probably feels they are trying to nip potential problems in the bud by making this move. Between the rampant tribal conflicts in Africa, the religious conflicts, and the racial conflicts, I imagine any move that a sort of stable country can make is likely very attractive. That doesn't necessarily make it right, but it is understandable.

My understanding of Islamic conflict in countries is that muslims are more or less peaceful until they build up to a critical mass. Once they reach a certain proportion of the population, they start to put a lot of pressure on for more and more Islamicization (is that even a word?) of the places they live. The European countries are starting to face this now. Many African nations passed the point a long time ago, but it generally gets lost in the ground noise of the tribal warfare.

And you can tell which sects of Islam are more or less better to have in your neighborhood by whom the radicals target. Sufism is generally not well liked by most radicals. But Sufis are mystics more concerned with internal struggle and mysticism and much less concerned with jihad and Shari'a in my understanding. I'd be a lot less concerned if I had a Sufi mosque moving in.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
It would be in every nation, if the Faith itself were combative by it's very nature.

Sorry, Wrabbit, I disagree. Actually, I fiercely disagree.

It is inherent in their founding documents and the religious leaders' elaborations thereon

Islam MUST NOT be combative etc. IN THOSE REGIONS WHERE

they do NOT

YET

Have a sufficient majority

or a sufficient political clout

or a sufficient military clout

TO WIN THE DAY.

They MUST--in THOSE REGIONS--be clever . . . LYING in behalf of Islam; using subterfuge, using deception, etc. etc. in order to

GAIN said political, military, economic clout

IN ORDER TO take over and obliterate, exterminate all other religions and peoples.

Check out the facts on such scores. You might well be surprised.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Lebanon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join