It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

list of linux commands?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
does anyone have a link to a website with a pdf or something i can save with a list of all the linux commands?

i found a site i liked with the commands but its html. i wanted to be able to save it.

thank you

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CardiffGiant

Just type "Linux or Unix commands pdf" and tons of stuff pops up in Google.

Here's one:

cheat-sheets.s3.amazonaws.com...

Another:

www.cs.bilkent.edu.tr...
edit on 24-11-2013 by OrphanApology because: d

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Is a simple google search insufficient? type "list Linux commands" and choose from dozens of sites:

eg: www.mediacollege.com...

Select all. Copy, Paste to your favorite text editor.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
thanks. i got several sites with the search. i was going to copy/paste one but i was just thinking some linux user here would have a link to a little pdf that was packed up nice and tight.
thank you though. i have it

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

OrphanApology

Just type "Linux or Unix commands pdf" and tons of stuff pops up in Google.

Here's one:

cheat-sheets.s3.amazonaws.com...

Another:

www.cs.bilkent.edu.tr...
edit on 24-11-2013 by OrphanApology because: d

i already saved the first one but thats not all the commands. thats why i started the thread.

copy/pasted this one
ss64.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Linux Cheat Sheets of all kinds (or all kinds of cheat sheets for that matter) can be found by just switching over to the Image side of the Google search.

Linux-Cheat Sheets

I always check there for the best ones to print on a new program or project I'm working on. Hope that helps.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Linux Cheat Sheets of all kinds (or all kinds of cheat sheets for that matter) can be found by just switching over to the Image side of the Google search.

Linux-Cheat Sheets

I always check there for the best ones to print on a new program or project I'm working on. Hope that helps.

far out. thanks wrabbit. im moving aly my movies over to my stash hard drive and im getting ready to switch from ubuntu to mint.
thanks again

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
sudo apt-get remove --purge linux

sudo apt-get install windows

c:\dos

c:\dos\run.exe

win.com

$$$

ahhh no just kidding.. I'm forever googling how to do stupid things I used to know in 'nix. especially on a tablet terminal... so much easier on adb, but I'm just so lazy to connect it.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

shoot me some links.
i like messing around too. been messing around with the terminal all day

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
from a shell, man -k something;

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
have a look in /usr/bin folder it contains most of the normal user programs and quite often "cmd" --help will get you a quick listing of the parameters

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
help me with the linux watch command ;$ watch -n elink atsdotcom/forum/thread -minus unwanted member ? I want the forum to respawn every 60 seconds minus a certain member. Would also be nice to know how to add keystrokes to the watch command, so it would arrow to the bottom of the page??
thanx

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
All watch does is execute the command every x seconds so to go into filtering you're liable to get into so serious scripting as it will depend on what is required to remove the unwanted person from the screen but if its just ignore the line you may be able to use grep with the -v parameter

new topics

top topics

join