It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God and his --- Obey or Die law--- say that Christians are to be slaves forever?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

ChuckNasty

Greatest I am

ChuckNasty
reply to post by leostokes

He likes to troll this forum. When you point out his flaws, he'll try with the name calling.

I for one, believe we were given free will as a test of our nature. If we F up, it was our choosing, not God.

A creator who is omnipotent has no need for tests. All he creates would be perfect.

Only those of little faith would think otherwise. Oh, look.

Regards
DL

.....do you even read what you type?

Following rules is a test. All was perfect in the Eden story.

Rules!

Rules annul free will. Right?

I thought you said A & E had free will.

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Greatest I am

ChuckNasty

Greatest I am

ChuckNasty

He likes to troll this forum. When you point out his flaws, he'll try with the name calling.

I for one, believe we were given free will as a test of our nature. If we F up, it was our choosing, not God.

A creator who is omnipotent has no need for tests. All he creates would be perfect.

Regards
DL

Rules!

Regards
DL

Free will and rules can be a test of character. We have to understand what weakens our freewill before we can overcome/understand our desires.

The fact we have freewill is a sign that we aren't to be slaves to God, but to understand and come to terms with our humanity.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Greatest I am
life not worth living

those are Plato's words...

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   

ChuckNasty

Thanks for the info. Guys like him are everywhere!

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

ChuckNasty

Greatest I am

ChuckNasty

Greatest I am

ChuckNasty

Regards
DL

Rules!

Regards
DL

Free will and rules can be a test of character. We have to understand what weakens our freewill before we can overcome/understand our desires.

The fact we have freewill is a sign that we aren't to be slaves to God, but to understand and come to terms with our humanity.

So your omnipotent know it all did not know # and had to do a Q C on A & E. How stupid is that.

Don't tell me you believe your own B S.

Bottom line is that a command annuls our free will and if that is your final then fine.

FMPOV, God is thus guilty of the murder by neglect of A & E.

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

leostokes

ChuckNasty

Thanks for the info. Guys like him are everywhere!

Thank God for that or the evil of religion would grow.

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.

That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all sin by nature then, the sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not sin.

Having said the above for the God that I do not believe in, I am a Gnostic Christian naturalist, let me tell you that evil is all human generated. Evil is our responsibility.

Much has been written to explain what I see as a natural part of evolution.

Consider.
First, let us eliminate what some see as evil. Natural disasters. These are unthinking occurrences and are neither good nor evil. There is no intent to do evil even as victims are created.

Evil then is only human to human.
As evolving creatures, all we ever do, and ever can do, is compete or cooperate.
Cooperation we would see as good as there are no victims created. Competition would be seen as evil as it creates a victim. We all are either cooperating, doing good, or competing, doing evil at all times.

Without us doing some of both, we would likely go extinct.

This, to me, explains why there is evil in the world quite well.

Be you a believer in nature, evolution or God, we should all see that what Christians see as something to blame, evil, we should see that what we have, competition, deserves a huge thanks for being available to us.

There is no conflict between nature and God on this issue. This is how things are and should be. We all must do what some will think is evil as we compete and create losers to this competition.

Regards
DL

----------------------------

Evolutionary theology.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

It's been nowhere near 5,500 years.

Abraham - Aries RAM
Moses - Calf/Bull - TAURUS
Jesus - Fish/Fisherman - PISCES

That's 9,000 years just there of the collective writings of the Ages that are in the Bible. We can't even say for certain when the New Testament writings were written; so to believe that all the Old Testament is from a couple thousand BC is crazy.

They are re-writings of much older writings from their respective ages.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.
reply to post by Greatest I am

Let me tell you something that may be helpful.
If someone says "all poles are ugly" they have made a mistake. Bias. Usually what is meant is that they do not like any polish people and they express the dislike by such a negative statement. The mistake or fault made is called racial prejudice. It usually is the result of knowing a few ugly poles and thinking all the other poles are also ugly. Few biased people admit their bias.

You might say all flowers in this acre are yellow. That is a risky statement because bluets are small and grow close to the ground and out of sight.

So when you say all christians are ....., you are expressing your bias and you are risking being easily disproved. That means you are either morally corrupt or stupid or both.

Your statement could not possibly be true. You do not know what all christians think. It is unlikely they all agree. So it is useless to respond and engage in a debate.

Also the negative tone of your post indicates that you are a mean intolerant person.

A nice person might say "if there are any christians reading my post who would like to debate "free will" please respond".

I make it a rule to never use the word "all". For example in the statement: I hate all biased people.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
You are correct. "useless to respond".

So why did you?

Just showing your hate I guess.

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Quoting out of context is an underhanded tactic.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Those who are loosing arguments always look for ways out and saying that things are out of context is one f their favorite deflection ploys.

Regards
DL

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join