It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God and his --- Obey or Die law--- say that Christians are to be slaves forever?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Greatest I am

leostokes

Greatest I am

leostokes
reply to post by Greatest I am

I believe that it basically shows Christians with characters or egos that want to be or will settle for perpetual slavery.

Your stated belief raises many replies in my mind.

History proves that man can not live together in peace and harmony.

I have to say that you make a great mistake when you rely on the word of christians for the truth of the Bible.
Do you not see that if you follow any faction they may lead you straight to hell. When you get to hell you plead "but I followed the pope". The gate keeper answers "the pope lacks qualification". You backed the wrong horse. Look, all factions present themselves as god's anointed, do they not? The factions of the popes claim that their church is official because it was founded by Peter. Clearly the factions of organized religion cannot all be the chosen few. If they were they would live in peace and harmony. History shows they don't. Catholics slaughtered each other in WWII.

There is no faction for you. What do you do? You make up your own mind for yourself. Then when you go to hell (or heaven) there is no one to blame but yourself.

Why do the different factions claim divinity for themselves? Arrogance. Ego. Greed.

History proves that men can not live together in peace and harmony. Why? The answer seems easy to me. Arrogance.

I myself am not an authority. Do not follow me anywhere. I do not want the responsibility.

The first and great commandment is to love thy God with all thy heart and sole.

This requires that you abandon your ego and acknowledge God. You will have lifted the burden from your sole and set it free. You are a slave to no one. You and the others like you can live in peace and harmony in our creator's kingdom. You think you know what makes you happy. You believe this because of your ego. The first commandment is our creator telling you that He is the one that knows what makes you happy.

Eve (and Adam) did not do this. Satan taught them arrogance. We inherited ego from The first couple.

Perhaps you think you are not arrogant. We are here in a forum called ATS. People post comments. Why? Their ego tells them they have the knowledge of good and evil. They are the authority on the topic.

Read any post (including your own and mine) and look for evidence of arrogance. You will find it in abundance.

edit on 24-11-2013 by leostokes because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2013 by leostokes because: general things

Absolutely.

Now. Care to speak to the issues of the O P.

Regards
DL

I thought I did. Where did I go wrong?

Let me try this. The issue of the OP is the question of slavery. Are christians slaves to our creator?
My answer is no. What we are slaves to is our own ego. Our creator wants us free. He says the way to be free is to abandon the ego.

Is that any better?

Your ego is you is it not?

Paul says we are either slaves to Satan and sin or slaves to God so no, you have not done particularly better.

If our creator wanted us free as you say, then why did he throw his murderous fit in Eden the first time that A & E did their wills and not God's?

Regards
DL

Hummmmm.

I will have to do some thinking and try again.

Our creator gave us the ability to choose. That gift implies "freedom". But there is one thing that we can not choose. This is a restriction so our freedom is qualified.

Let me think.

How can we live in peace and harmony together? History teaches that nothing we have tried so far works. Whats the problem? The scriptures give a solution. The new kingdom of Jehovah.

This new kingdom is not for everyone. Many are not qualified. Every one that qualifies for citizenship in this kingdom must first acknowledge that there is only one King, Jehovah. That eliminates all the slaves of Satan.

That is why peace and harmony never worked before. Because of the corrupting influence of Satan and his slaves.

Are the happy inheritors of this new kingdom slaves? Do they have to obey?

Does one in this new life have to suppress his inclination to thievery in order to obey the King? No. Because he has no inclination to thievery. He had it before. It is gone now. Where did it go? It went away when he acknowledged the sovereignty of Jehovah by letting go his ego. Not the whole ego. That part of it that told him he was better and therefore deserved more than others which drove him to steal his neighbor's tomatoes from his garden at night.

Does this make sense? Do you understand it? If so, please explain it to me.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
"The scriptures give a solution. The new kingdom of Jehovah."

Yes. After as you say, all others who will not slave themselves to him are destroyed.

Hitler had the same ideas for German's after he eliminated the Jews.

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by leostokes

Every one that qualifies for citizenship in this kingdom must first acknowledge that there is only one King, Jehovah. That eliminates all the slaves of Satan.

You mean all the free thinkers. This system sounds a little tyrannical. So we fought thousands of years to make democracy a common practice, only to surrender to a monarchy in the end? What was the point of fighting all these years to have a voice if we're just going to give it up for eternal life?

I don't want a king, I want a representative. Is he there to serve or be served?
edit on 3-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Greatest I am

Yes. After as you say, all others who will not slave themselves to him are destroyed.

Regards
DL

When you compare Jehovah's Kingdom to Hitler's Germany you may disqualify yourself for membership.
I am probably not qualified either.
edit on 3-12-2013 by leostokes because: add '

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I don't want a king, I want a representative.

Well I think the choice is up to you. I think the scriptures imply that most will decline membership in the new kingdom.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

leostokes

Greatest I am

Regards
DL

When you compare Jehovah's Kingdom to Hitler's Germany you may disqualify yourself for membership.

So truthful comparisons are not allowed. Not too surprising in a tyranny.

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

leostokes

Well I think the choice is up to you. I think the scriptures imply that most will decline membership in the new kingdom.

Your dogma says that few make it regardless. Strange that your God planed a universe where the vast majority of humans are scrap and just a few are deep enough up God's ass for him to accept.

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Greatest I am

leostokes

Your dogma says that few make it regardless. Strange that your God planed a universe where the vast majority of humans are scrap and just a few are deep enough up God's ass for him to accept.

Regards
DL

Regards?

He gave you a choice. Otherwise you would be a robot.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Greatest I am

leostokes

Greatest I am

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Regards?

He gave you a choice.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

leostokes

Greatest I am

leostokes

Regards
DL

Regards?

That is a lie unless you can show that he did.
You cannot but I do not expect that you have the morals to recant.

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

leostokes

Greatest I am

leostokes

Greatest I am

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Regards?

He gave you a choice.

Sure. Like he did with A & E and proceeded to murder then through neglect the moment they did their will and not his.

Only fools use such a worthless mantra and think it has meaning.

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Greatest I am

leostokes

Greatest I am

leostokes

Regards
DL

Regards?

Regards
DL

Why get personal?
You have your view and I have mine.

I am not suggestion that you follow me. I may be wrong. I doubt that I am qualified for Jehovah's Kingdom.

The reference is Genesis. Do not eat the forbidden fruit. That is your choice.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
who doesn't want to live forever?

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   

He likes to troll this forum. When you point out his flaws, he'll try with the name calling.

I for one, believe we were given free will as a test of our nature. If we F up, it was our choosing, not God.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

leostokes

Greatest I am

leostokes

Greatest I am

leostokes

Regards
DL

Regards?

Regards
DL

Why get personal?
You have your view and I have mine.

I am not suggestion that you follow me. I may be wrong. I doubt that I am qualified for Jehovah's Kingdom.

The reference is Genesis. Do not eat the forbidden fruit. That is your choice.

A command is a choice. Got it.

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

SisyphusRide

A & E must have decided that to live in ignorant bliss and a bright as a brick without the knowledge of almost everything, (as the tree of knowledge has been described), was just life not worth living and tested god to see if God was worthy of being followed.

God failed the test by murdering them thus proving that they made the right choice.

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

ChuckNasty

He likes to troll this forum. When you point out his flaws, he'll try with the name calling.

I for one, believe we were given free will as a test of our nature. If we F up, it was our choosing, not God.

A creator who is omnipotent has no need for tests. All he creates would be perfect.

Only those of little faith would think otherwise. Oh, look.

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

SisyphusRide

People who don't intend to waste their lives. Afterlife insurance is like public relations. Pretending to like people and care about them just long enough to get your paycheck so you can do what makes you happy. You don't care what happens to them. You care about scratching the right backs and to hell with everyone else.

Life shouldn't be a commodity, and that's what immortality is. If you want life to be a commodity, then you don't deserve any more than what you were given at birth.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Greatest I am

ChuckNasty

A creator who is omnipotent has no need for tests. All he creates would be perfect.

Regards
DL

.....do you even read what you type?

Following rules is a test. All was perfect in the Eden story.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

ChuckNasty

Greatest I am

ChuckNasty

Regards
DL

.....do you even read what you type?

Following rules is a test. All was perfect in the Eden story.

Why does God need to hold a test when he already knows what the results will be? He made the questions and the answers. Are you implying he isn't omniscient? That he didn't design Adam and Eve and the tree and Satan and didn't know any of that hubbub would go down? Are you saying he's fallible?

He's omnipotent and omniscient. He knew what would happen if he put that tree there, if he let Satan in. He could have put that tree anywhere in the universe. He could have put up wards to prevent Satan from entering. He could have made that part of the garden that was holding the tree invisible to their eyes. He could have done ANYTHING to prevent them from disobeying him, but there's only one way they could have disobeyed him. He set them up to take the fall.

You can't have it both ways. Either he's infallible and the garden of Eden mess was his fault, or he's fallible and we can't always rely on him to solve or foresee our problems.
edit on 10-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join