It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God and his --- Obey or Die law--- say that Christians are to be slaves forever?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Deep doodoo? And why would that be?
edit on 29-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Placing the God of Love, in Jesus Christ, in the "dock" of the courtroom, and trying to launch a prosecution against him at any and all cost, to the degree that any possibility of open-mindedness and open-heartedness capable of being surprised, is lost ie: ingrained hatred, which is certain to turn back on itself in the face of God's Love, as it's own condemnation, such that God has little option but to say "thy will be done". It's self binding, ironically, where the underlying motivation is really quite suspect ie: to try to protect one's first love (of their own sins) or to try to claim a moral high ground while falling woefully short of the glory of God. In other words, unable to experience a paradigm shift whereby the joke is at one's own expense, leaving the person in a state, not of joy in forgiveness through repentance, but of inconsolable shame, bitterness, anger, hatred, etc. (instead of joy in everlasting life and liberation, in absolute forgiveness) ie: "missing the boat", and the opportunity presented by God who's domain is that of limitless possibility where what by human resources alone is impossible, for God, is possible, so it's a self imprisonment and a self condemnation, rooted in nothing more than a lack of willingness and open-mindedness because of a willful pride and arrogance where it may be said that selfishness is at the root of one's OWN character defects.

To do this, while at the same time referring to one's self as "The Greatest I am"..well, think it through. What always goes before the fall?

In short, the attempted demonization of the God of Love and Mercy, and Justice.. to simply try to get one's own way. It's funny, but such a one will NEVER have the ability to get the joke, without God's help.

Selfishness as ego-centrism ie: pride.

You know the same old story all over again, and for all the wrong reasons.

It amounts to a self-fulfilling prophecy rooted in fear and hatred just so that a person can say, see, I told you God was unjust, even if it means trying to preach that unholy gospel from well, nowhere that goes anywhere, ever.

It's really about a type of hatred and an unhealthy and unnecessary fear of God which is utterly absurd, given what was accomplished by Jesus Christ, who wasn't murdered by God, but by this aspect of ourselves, on purpose, so as to bind it up while liberating and protecting and holding in reserve all the very best of the best, for last.

"He who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted."

It's the kind of thing that is woven right into the very nature of Reality, and it's all-good.

Best Regards,

NAM

P.S. It's not taking responsibility and being willing to repent, ever.. by trying to make everything God's fault when all he ever did was offer the free gift of life.

Some, the lucky one's will "get it" and laugh in recognizing that God was ahead of the curve and made a provision, even though they might cry at first, and in so doing they will have their humor restored, while others will never laugh and lose their own sense of humor and charm. Some already have, as you may notice..

edit on 29-11-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Quite the interesting read.

Psychobabble is always so foolish. Your bug seems to be that I see God and some of his actions as immoral.

Yet you do not debate those to change my mind and instead just use your God is love B S as a club.

Why do you not argue for human sacrifice?
Why do you not argue that it is good justice to punish the innocent instead of the guilty?
Why do you not argue that what God says is not do as told or die?

You are some pathetic A Hole if all you are going to do is deny your God’s immorality while saying that mine is not above your genocidal son murderers.

I do not putting my morals out here.

Why do you fear putting out yours and those of yopur Gods’s?

Regards
DL

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

You don't realize what He did, and why, that's your problem.

He did it voluntarily and it amounts to a "double-bind" on immorality and everything that's crap. It was a reverse-sting, double-bind, hoodwink, which also protected and held in reserve the good and even the very best of the best, for last.

You cannot successfully demonize the God of Love in the Person of Jesus Christ who alone is the Greatest I Am who ever was, is, and will be.

Look introspectively at your motivations and your drivers, and try to see yourself from God's POV and the POV of others, and then repent, because yours is the gravest of all sins because it's the sin of spiritual pride, who's aim it would be to throw down the God of Love into the pit, if you had the power, when all the while his hand is trying to reach out to you to lift YOU out.

It's very very funny, and in truth is the best truly practical joke ever told, and while it starts here with the human being, I have the distinct impression that it doesn't end here. The "elder brother" comes to mind in this case in the context of the parable of the Prodigal Son.

And if you are truly righteous, and holy, and always served the heavenly Father, then you would come on in and celebration the return of your brother who was lost and is found, who was dead but is alive again, and then you would laugh at your own folly and your own absurdity and your own pride and arrogance.

You don't understand it, what or who Jesus was or what he did, and why, nor even that he threaded the needle. You don't see how he got the last laugh at the devil's expense, or how he shares that laughter and love with us, for all the right reasons. You don't see that Father and Son while two, in love, are one and the same where Atma and Brahma are one. Jesus was, and is, God, there is no separation, and neither should there be between Him and us, since the veil was ripped from top to bottom. Even now he stands at the door like a Bridegroom patiently awaiting his Bride to Be which is you and I.

You and I are brothers in the Lord. Put away your cleaver, your pride, your hatred, your ignorance, and come on in and join the party - there's fatted calf?!!

Love,

NAM
Your brother, in Jesus Christ.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

so you think we should all look the same, act the same, believe the same, like a bunch of robots? the world has a wee bit of diversity built in get use to it.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I say people bound by religion beyond common sense are already slaves.

To quote Amy from The Big Bang Theory "I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance."

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

NewAgeMan

You don't realize what He did, and why, that's your problem.

He did it voluntarily and it amounts to a "double-bind" on immorality and everything that's crap. It was a reverse-sting, double-bind, hoodwink, which also protected and held in reserve the good and even the very best of the best, for last.

You cannot successfully demonize the God of Love in the Person of Jesus Christ who alone is the Greatest I Am who ever was, is, and will be.

Look introspectively at your motivations and your drivers, and try to see yourself from God's POV and the POV of others, and then repent, because yours is the gravest of all sins because it's the sin of spiritual pride, who's aim it would be to throw down the God of Love into the pit, if you had the power, when all the while his hand is trying to reach out to you to lift YOU out.

It's very very funny, and in truth is the best truly practical joke ever told, and while it starts here with the human being, I have the distinct impression that it doesn't end here. The "elder brother" comes to mind in this case in the context of the parable of the Prodigal Son.

And if you are truly righteous, and holy, and always served the heavenly Father, then you would come on in and celebration the return of your brother who was lost and is found, who was dead but is alive again, and then you would laugh at your own folly and your own absurdity and your own pride and arrogance.

You don't understand it, what or who Jesus was or what he did, and why, nor even that he threaded the needle. You don't see how he got the last laugh at the devil's expense, or how he shares that laughter and love with us, for all the right reasons. You don't see that Father and Son while two, in love, are one and the same where Atma and Brahma are one. Jesus was, and is, God, there is no separation, and neither should there be between Him and us, since the veil was ripped from top to bottom. Even now he stands at the door like a Bridegroom patiently awaiting his Bride to Be which is you and I.

You and I are brothers in the Lord. Put away your cleaver, your pride, your hatred, your ignorance, and come on in and join the party - there's fatted calf?!!

Love,

NAM
Your brother, in Jesus Christ.

www.youtube.com...

You make lots of noise about love but not about morals. You are quite the hypocrite for continuing to run while preaching garbage.

I am not an atheist but Satan and Christians want atheists to embrace barbaric human sacrifice and the notion that we should profit from punishing the innocent instead of the guilty and here you are preaching for Satan. Shame on you.

In reality, if God did demand such a barbaric sacrifice, he would be sinning.

He would know that barbaric human sacrifice is immoral.

You do too. Right?

Those with good morals will know that no noble and gracious God would demand the sacrifice of a so called son just to prove it's benevolence.

When you die, Satan will ask you; How was your ticket to heaven purchased? With innocent blood?

When you say yes, you become his.

Regards
DL

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

spartacus699

so you think we should all look the same, act the same, believe the same, like a bunch of robots? the world has a wee bit of diversity built in get use to it.

No I do not but do think it a waste that some think that they are only good for being slaves to God or Satan and not free.

You are a disgrace to your avatar.

Regards
DL
edit on 30-11-2013 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Biigs
I say people bound by religion beyond common sense are already slaves.

To quote Amy from The Big Bang Theory "I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance."

+ 1

Regards
DL

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Selfishness as ego-centrism ie: pride.

God is nothing if not proud.

"He who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted."

Obviously not. God is exalted because he exalts himself.

P.S. It's not taking responsibility and being willing to repent, ever.. by trying to make everything God's fault when all he ever did was offer the free gift of life.

And we're just going to ignore the fact that God's creations fall prey to God's other creations through weaknesses that God put there himself even knowing how they would be exploited. "There is nothing that was not made by him". We're going to ignore the common element there, yeah? Just look the other way. It's not his fault. It's not like he's the engineer responsible for every detail of the universe, according to your beliefs.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I didn't think you could be moved to see it from Jesus' own perspective.

And I wasn't preaching Satan there, it's you who are either very confused or very willfully ignorant.

And if you want to earn a way into heaven based on your morality, as being superior to Jesus Christ and that whole M.O., then my God had you ever better be a good good boy or "The Greatest I Am".

Good luck with that.

How can I love you?

I cannot love such pride and arrogance and stubbornness, oh God help me to learn how to love as you loved.

P.S. The need to be right, at any and all cost, even at the cost of Truth and Reality itself, is a real bitch as many will find out.

Oh and if the blood of Christ has cleaned by "robe" then I don't how that's going to help the evil one, because Jesus is God!

edit on 30-11-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

In Jesus we see God humbling himself.

You can't or refuse to see it.

How can God make a place for you in heaven and in the eternal life if you're not even willing or open-minded?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
It is commanded that one fear and worship this monotheistic god. Something is commanding and consuming this, and I highly doubt it's the consciousness that people are praying to and receiving loving guidance from.

The very fact that it calls itself a god is one telltale warning sign. That it wants slaves and exalts itself is a reasonable thing to be suspicious of. Then it hides behind Jesus's own followers to keep itself protected.

That's my theory.

edit on 30-11-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

Jesus IS God, as the Person of God, so none of these theories and attempts to demonize God are workable.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Greatest I am

leostokes

I believe that it basically shows Christians with characters or egos that want to be or will settle for perpetual slavery.

Your stated belief raises many replies in my mind.

History proves that man can not live together in peace and harmony.

I have to say that you make a great mistake when you rely on the word of christians for the truth of the Bible.
Do you not see that if you follow any faction they may lead you straight to hell. When you get to hell you plead "but I followed the pope". The gate keeper answers "the pope lacks qualification". You backed the wrong horse. Look, all factions present themselves as god's anointed, do they not? The factions of the popes claim that their church is official because it was founded by Peter. Clearly the factions of organized religion cannot all be the chosen few. If they were they would live in peace and harmony. History shows they don't. Catholics slaughtered each other in WWII.

There is no faction for you. What do you do? You make up your own mind for yourself. Then when you go to hell (or heaven) there is no one to blame but yourself.

Why do the different factions claim divinity for themselves? Arrogance. Ego. Greed.

History proves that men can not live together in peace and harmony. Why? The answer seems easy to me. Arrogance.

I myself am not an authority. Do not follow me anywhere. I do not want the responsibility.

The first and great commandment is to love thy God with all thy heart and sole.

This requires that you abandon your ego and acknowledge God. You will have lifted the burden from your sole and set it free. You are a slave to no one. You and the others like you can live in peace and harmony in our creator's kingdom. You think you know what makes you happy. You believe this because of your ego. The first commandment is our creator telling you that He is the one that knows what makes you happy.

Eve (and Adam) did not do this. Satan taught them arrogance. We inherited ego from The first couple.

Perhaps you think you are not arrogant. We are here in a forum called ATS. People post comments. Why? Their ego tells them they have the knowledge of good and evil. They are the authority on the topic.

Read any post (including your own and mine) and look for evidence of arrogance. You will find it in abundance.

edit on 24-11-2013 by leostokes because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2013 by leostokes because: general things

Absolutely.

Now. Care to speak to the issues of the O P.

Regards
DL

I thought I did. Where did I go wrong?

Let me try this. The issue of the OP is the question of slavery. Are christians slaves to our creator?
My answer is no. What we are slaves to is our own ego. Our creator wants us free. He says the way to be free is to abandon the ego.

Is that any better?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

You keep mentioning Jesus. I agree that he's a very humble and enlightened person. All I am saying is that I am by default suspicious of an entity that calls itself a god, because if people think you're a god, you have ultimate power, and we know what kind of personality craves and cherishes power. That doesn't sound like Jesus to me.
And please... no more alludes to some kind of evil agenda on my part, okay?

edit on 30-11-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

NewAgeMan

I didn't think you could be moved to see it from Jesus' own perspective.

And I wasn't preaching Satan there, it's you who are either very confused or very willfully ignorant.

And if you want to earn a way into heaven based on your morality, as being superior to Jesus Christ and that whole M.O., then my God had you ever better be a good good boy or "The Greatest I Am".

Good luck with that.

How can I love you?

I cannot love such pride and arrogance and stubbornness, oh God help me to learn how to love as you loved.

P.S. The need to be right, at any and all cost, even at the cost of Truth and Reality itself, is a real bitch as many will find out.

Oh and if the blood of Christ has cleaned by "robe" then I don't how that's going to help the evil one, because Jesus is God!

edit on 30-11-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

If Jesus id God then he cannot die. Anytime you want to actually look at the morals of your God instead of just spouting your self-serving dogma then I am here to teach you.

" P.S. The need to be right, at any and all cost, even at the cost of Truth and Reality itself, is a real bitch as many will find out. "

Yes you will.

I am not an atheist but Satan and Christians want atheists to embrace barbaric human sacrifice and the notion that we should profit from punishing the innocent instead of the guilty and here you are preaching for Satan. Shame on you.

In reality, if God did demand such a barbaric sacrifice, he would be sinning.

He would know that barbaric human sacrifice is immoral.

You do too. Right?

Those with good morals will know that no noble and gracious God would demand the sacrifice of a so called son just to prove it's benevolence.

When you die, Satan will ask you; How was your ticket to heaven purchased? With innocent blood?

When you say yes, you become his.

Regards
DL

edit on 1-12-2013 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

NewAgeMan

You can't or refuse to see it.

How can God make a place for you in heaven and in the eternal life if you're not even willing or open-minded?

Humbling.

How humbling is it to make yourself the savior of the whole world after you have condemned it and made yourself the prick of the whole world?

How humbling is it to demand that he be recognized as this great hero when he promised to kill and torture those who do not bow to his having his son murdered to appease his own unjust wrath?

Open-minded is what you are definitely not. You have locked your delusion in your pathetic mind.

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

leostokes

Greatest I am

leostokes

I believe that it basically shows Christians with characters or egos that want to be or will settle for perpetual slavery.

Your stated belief raises many replies in my mind.

History proves that man can not live together in peace and harmony.

I have to say that you make a great mistake when you rely on the word of christians for the truth of the Bible.
Do you not see that if you follow any faction they may lead you straight to hell. When you get to hell you plead "but I followed the pope". The gate keeper answers "the pope lacks qualification". You backed the wrong horse. Look, all factions present themselves as god's anointed, do they not? The factions of the popes claim that their church is official because it was founded by Peter. Clearly the factions of organized religion cannot all be the chosen few. If they were they would live in peace and harmony. History shows they don't. Catholics slaughtered each other in WWII.

There is no faction for you. What do you do? You make up your own mind for yourself. Then when you go to hell (or heaven) there is no one to blame but yourself.

Why do the different factions claim divinity for themselves? Arrogance. Ego. Greed.

History proves that men can not live together in peace and harmony. Why? The answer seems easy to me. Arrogance.

I myself am not an authority. Do not follow me anywhere. I do not want the responsibility.

The first and great commandment is to love thy God with all thy heart and sole.

This requires that you abandon your ego and acknowledge God. You will have lifted the burden from your sole and set it free. You are a slave to no one. You and the others like you can live in peace and harmony in our creator's kingdom. You think you know what makes you happy. You believe this because of your ego. The first commandment is our creator telling you that He is the one that knows what makes you happy.

Eve (and Adam) did not do this. Satan taught them arrogance. We inherited ego from The first couple.

Perhaps you think you are not arrogant. We are here in a forum called ATS. People post comments. Why? Their ego tells them they have the knowledge of good and evil. They are the authority on the topic.

Read any post (including your own and mine) and look for evidence of arrogance. You will find it in abundance.

edit on 24-11-2013 by leostokes because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2013 by leostokes because: general things

Absolutely.

Now. Care to speak to the issues of the O P.

Regards
DL

I thought I did. Where did I go wrong?

Let me try this. The issue of the OP is the question of slavery. Are christians slaves to our creator?
My answer is no. What we are slaves to is our own ego. Our creator wants us free. He says the way to be free is to abandon the ego.

Is that any better?

Your ego is you is it not?

Paul says we are either slaves to Satan and sin or slaves to God so no, you have not done particularly better.

If our creator wanted us free as you say, then why did he throw his murderous fit in Eden the first time that A & E did their wills and not God's?

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

In Jesus, we see God baiting us.

Open-minded, or gullible?
edit on 1-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join