It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghostly Image of Young Oklahoma Tornado Victim In Photo

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

FlyersFan
The ghost kid looks like he has a red shirt on.
The school picture looks like he has a red shirt on.
Both look like they have the same expression.
I'm wondering if it's faked ... the school picture imposed on the sparkler picture ...
Sorry .. but that's what I'm wondering ...

The "2nd kid" isn't wearing a t-shirt in his school photo. The shirt has some kind of collar.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Riffrafter
reply to post by MrLimpet

The resemblance between the "2nd child" in the photo and the photo of the boy that died posted right below it is amazing.

Normally I'd believe it was a double exposure type thing as a previous poster pointed out, but the 2 children in the photo do not look like the same person, but the 2nd child definitely looks like the pic of the child that died in the storm.

Based on those photos, this is one where I'd be willing to suspend disbelief.

If it also gives some comfort to the parents, so much the better.

it does look to be a long exposure shot which makes sense being a night pic..we need to see what the little girl looks like sans movement. the resemblance to the boy in the pic is very interesting though..im looking at the eyebrows

also there is nothing wrong with us discussing the possabilities here..we arent discussing it with the parents are we?

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
That's amazing and clearly shows that the afterlife does exists.. I'm really happy for the parents to see their son is still around when happy events with the family take place. You can see the expression that he enjoys it..

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I'm sorry but not to disagree but it just isn't impressive enough to say 'without a doubt' that it is supernatural.
The image doesn't look like it is behind her it looks more like it is an over exposure that happened as she moved down and to her left. It looks to me like the image is 'smeared' and you can make out where the light part of her forehead is on the 'back' image! I don't think it is clear enough to see a red shirt either, and long or double exposure will make images appear different shades, especially night shots.
Before someone says something mean about me not caring, nothing could be further from the truth, I am glad if this brings the parents comfort, I am just saying I don't see what everyone else is saying as in proof-positive of a supernatural event.
I have seen photos that was a lot more convincing than this.
edit on 25-11-2013 by wulff because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
What NOBODY seems to be talking about is the fact that there are no tornados in Oklahoma, its a conspiracy. I've lived here for like... along time, not once have I seen a tornado. Conspiracy! Wheres the proof!

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Bundy
What NOBODY seems to be talking about is the fact that there are no tornados in Oklahoma, its a conspiracy. I've lived here for like... along time, not once have I seen a tornado. Conspiracy! Wheres the proof!

newsok.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
It is obvious that it is a camera effect do to whatever, it is also strange that effect created a top half of a face that resembled the family's deceased child.

and whether we believe or not we will not be affected either way, but the family is finding some kind of relief of grief so it's a good thing.

edit on 25-11-2013 by mysteryskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Bundy

Are you serious?

www.reuters.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

alfa1

MrLimpet
Upon closer examination, it looks as though a second child is standing behind her.

Upon closer examination, it looks like movement in a long exposure photo. Long exposure lit by the sparkler, with a "freeze" provided by the flash.
Seriously, doesnt ANYONE know anything about photography anymore in this digital age? More people need to spend time with film, and in darkrooms.

edit on pmSundayfpm1 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

IF you knew anything about photography you'd realize it would have been slow shutter speed, if anything, to make this effect. Also, long exposure "lit by the sparkler" would not freeze anything, it would apply the inverse effect. Clearly this wasn't taken on any sort of professional quality camera, so it's dubious you can even change the aperture or shutter speed settings. I am defending this adamantly because I have experienced a photo just like this one in Dudleytown, CT. using a low quality point and shoot canon powershot camera.

The two faces shown here don't seem similar at all, and when they provided the picture of their lost son their does seem to be uncanny resemblance. Nice post OP, SnF from me.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

WEll no matter what the explanation, the family must be in such pain, so I hope the picture somehow gives them hope and comfort. This boy must have been deeply loved and will always be missed.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
It is hard to provide rational explanation in cases as this as any rationality is viewed as inhuman.

I have no problem with them believing what they want, but if you ever tried to take pictures in dark, you would know how hard they are and what strange results you can get.

Add to this that this is case of 'religious' folks, by look of their shirts (I might be wrong) and in that case, there really does not matter if this is product of long exposure or some other kind of trick, they will believe what they want.

Sure, if it comforts them, fine, but I feel sorry for little girl. Not saying that they are bad parents, but that this is exactly how she will feel her life - in background of that image.

And for those who call this as proof of afterlife... I was under impression that those who believe in afterlife believe that boy that young would be in paradise by now, not wondering around. Is there something with mechanism of afterlife broken or this is strange case of wondering souls... I really wonder how religious person would explain this...

EDIT:

As for reasonable explanation - I would really like to know if they have t-shirts with his picture. If one of parents had it that night, together with night exposure and movable lights it would be fairly easy to produce image like this.
edit on 26-11-2013 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

slippeddisc
i was going to post this one myself. this is fantastic! our loved ones never leave us.

i feel sorry for people that have to dissect just about everything to satisfy themselves.

hey nice Male YF T2 Normal Skyblue budgie in avatar.

Sometimes we need to dissect things to learn stuff, just as the way we have studied budgies and learned their anatomy..

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
same person upon dragging the image over the top of the other anyone can do it you end up with a faded image then drag it so it meets up with the girl and there you go....

the middle face is both matched up the bottom and faded top face discount
edit on 26-11-2013 by anonymous1legion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Incredible story! I can definitely see the little boy in this picture. His skin tone, hair and facial features are very different than the little girl. S & F

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Are people not seeing the girls left arm and the blur above it? It's obvious this "ghost" is due to some movement during the photo being captured.
I'm sure I can see another set of blurry eyes underneath the ghost boys eyes as well.

I'm happy the family are happy.

But, I mean, c'mon.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

MrLimpet

A Moore tornado family is finding comfort in a picture. Their son died in Plaza Towers when the storm hit, but they believe they've seen him since his death and they are not alone.

News Story

The picture in question shows Madison, Nicolas’ cousin, playing with a lighted sparkler on July 4 — nearly two months after the boy’s death. Upon closer examination, it looks as though a second child is standing behind her.

Video

edit on 24-11-2013 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

What are the chances of having the exact same arrangements of white dots
in the eyes from photos that are taken some time apart?

Could the whole story fake? A fake within a fake, you could say?
No offense, but I see a conspiracy here!

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

superman2012

What a nice way to take solace in a horrible event. I'm glad they captured this.

Yes, me too.

Must be terribly comforting to the bereaved parents to have hope their Son is still existing and still near them.

But at the same moment, must be so painful to not be able to communicate with him directly.

Handsome little guy too..such a waste of life.

edit on 26-11-2013 by MysterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

FlyersFan
The ghost kid looks like he has a red shirt on.
The school picture looks like he has a red shirt on.
Both look like they have the same expression.
I'm wondering if it's faked ... the school picture imposed on the sparkler picture ...
Sorry .. but that's what I'm wondering ...

I don't believe it! We are thinking along the same lines!
It is very easy to fake stuff now, isn't it FF? I think the second picture
is generated from the first picture I posted above.
And I think the first picture itself is computer generated.

So why would they need to do this, and what are the implications if
it is so? Is the boy's death listed on the S.S.D.I., for instance?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Many good posts and thoughts from the ATS group.

It is what it is (or not).

All that matters is the family found comfort in the photo.

May the boy RIP and many blessings and comfort to the family.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The only thing worse than no hope is false hope.

There will be an explanation for this guys, it's not a ghost, an angel or any other fictional being.

Sorry to be blunt but that's how it is!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join