It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China vs. India

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkssss
well, guys. First, china can't draft a billion people just like the US can't draft all 300 million americans. Ok,

Why not, they are still technically Communist. They have the Power!

Surf: Eh? Who would ever their soldiers with sticks.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   

5)In 1962, we beat them so bad that it is still hurting and some indians think they can take Tibet?????? lolololol, they can't even control Kashmir and China still occupies a piece of Kashmir (bet you didn't know that). Do you hear any bombings and things of that nature in China while we have insurgents in Xinjiang (mulism and connected with Al Quada) also?

Who do you think gave Pakistan its land in the first place? We could have suppressed them as the other countries have its minorities, but people like Mahatma Gandhi gave them their own land and what did they do in return? Ask for more land and you are blaming us for giving them freedom.

thoroughly obliterated the Indians in 1962. Not to mention, we had a huge hand in Vietnam as well.

You can thank the British for that. For godsake, British ruled India for over 200 years enslaving its people, exploiting its resources and you expect the tortured country to come out of its state in 15 years?

11) China commits human rights violation while india is a peace-loving people.

I am sure if I spent some time at it, I can twice the amount of websites that show Chinese extremisim. You quote less than 10 sources and say India is all bad. We all have extremists.

We are indeed peace loving country, if we aren't, we would have killed Pakistan years ago. What nation do you think Mahatman Gandhi was from? And where do you think Martin Luther King Jr. got his ideas from?

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BurningAces
Surf: Eh? Who would ever their soldiers with sticks.

What? That makes no sense.

Surf

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
yeah, but China just came out of WWII and a civil, korea war and 10 years of prolonged famine before 1962....

Why would I thank the brits... We don't owe them anything.

Yeah, but you are not as peaceloving as you seem and we are not as evil as you say....

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   

yeah, but China just came out of WWII and a civil, korea war and 10 years of prolonged famine before 1962....

Why would I thank the brits... We don't owe them anything.

Yeah, but you are not as peaceloving as you seem and we are not as evil as you say....

Really?

Refer back to post, with unbiased lens this time.

I never said Chinese are evil, I have utmost respect for them just as I have for all other countries, if you have read my post clearly, you would have clearly understood that.

And why aren't we peace loving? Because we stand up to some guy who just comes along, quotes some number from random websites and says India is another Hitler Germany.

Surf

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Well, I have a lot of respect for india also. This thread is strictly to counter some people who say india is years ahead of china in military technology.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
True India hasn't gotten a gold since a long time ago, it is also true that China doesn't even have a cricket team, let alone compete in the cricket world cup, while on the other hand India is number 2, next to Australia. Not only that we are leading in Chess and Badmiton.

Hey we only follow the sports we are crazy about.

Surf

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Well, I have a lot of respect for india also. This thread is strictly to counter some people who say india is years ahead of china in military technology.

I am happy to hear that.

I wouldn't be arguing about all the other issues, if it had not been brought up orginally.

Military or not, I have a right to argue for my country.

Surf

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 05:04 AM
link   

2) China is still fielding T-55 while india is fielding advanced british tanks. Like what. Do you have a frigging idea what you are talking about??????? Do these photos look lik T-55 to you? And what advanced british tanks exactly does india have, like the Challenger???? I thought it is fielding Russian T-72s mostly as their top of the line and most of their tanks were as old as some of ours!!!!! And they have scrapped their Arjun tank which was delayed for 10 years!!!!
www.wforum.com...
www.wforum.com...
www.wforum.com...
www.wforum.com...://www.wforum.com/specials/articles/02/757.html

Do these photos show the entire Chinese arsenal? China is still fielding T55s. Just because they are not the first-line tank doesn't mean they're not there.

No one said the Vickers jobs were "advanced British tanks", but they are in all respects superior to T55 and T64.

We have our own trainer FTC-2000 while indian airforce's training is so bad that they are called the flying coffin and they had to buy some british trainer recently. See again, they can't make crap.
www.wforum.com...

This has already been dealt with. The nickname came from the Indian's themselves. You could call the RAAF the flying coffin because it has fatal F111 accidents. Nobody does because it wouldn't be true. In the British Army the Paras and Marines are constantly threatening to go to war with each other, the Paras call the Marines "crap-hats", this doesn't mean they use them to crap in.

The PLA has fought against the US-led UN forces successfully in Korea driving them back from the china-korea border back to the 38th parallel where the war stopped till today. (the casualty of China+n. Korea is roughly equal to the casualty of UN forces+S. Korea). We have skirmished with USSR, Vietnam and entirely and thoroughly obliterated the Indians in 1962. Not to mention, we had a huge hand in Vietnam as well.

And in 1979 when the PLA invaded Vietnam in response to Vietnam invading China's client Kampuchea the Vietnamese handed the PLA a defeat. The Chinese punitive invasion was a disaster, ground was won but at a shocking casualty rate, a casualty rate the Vietnamese did not suffer.
Suggest you re-check the Korea casualty figures. The PLA were using human-wave attacks, something the West hasn't done since 1918. And just as happened at the Somme, UN artillery and machine guns devastated the PLA formations.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
My motherland of North India been repeatedly conquered, pillaged, and exploited for over 1000 years, from the Mughals to the british empire. Just the fact you need to defend chinas position against a country whos only had a modern statehood for about 50 years, is pathetic. The indian people are not a violent race, but you chinese like to exploit that whenever you can. Hell, the Buddha and his ideals you follow was AN INDIAN PRINCE. you chinese should be WITH US, not in competiton with us.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join