It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO captured on photograph over North Devon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
A bizarre UFO photo captured over the skies
near wind farms at Barnstaple Ilfracombe area.

www.northdevonjournal.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
If you expand the original photograph, there seems to be a pixelated area around the U.F.O. I don't know if this is evidence of the photograph being tampered with, but it could well have been.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by deprogrammer

Cool pic.

It almost looks like a sea creature of some sort - maybe a ray or something like it.

Is that a mouth on that thing?

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
is it just a cloud

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Direct link to the image

From the article:

The object appears to be grey in colour, quite large and of an oval shape.

Looking at the clouds in the sky, it looks just like another (albeit smaller) cloud to me. Sorry....that is what I see as the most likely explanation here.

edit on 11/24/2013 by Krakatoa because: Fixed spelling and other fat-finger errors

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
It looks like a bird to me.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I don't think it matches the surrounding cloud cover, so I'm ruling out clouds. Also, it seems to large to be a bird. It could be what it appears to be. A craft of some kind. But as usual, there's just not enough detail there for any kind of certainty.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Looks like a bird side on to me, these kind of pics are commonly mistaken for UFOs.

A seagull side on:

edit on 24-11-2013 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
That's definitely not a UFO.

It is clearly swamp gas or a weather balloon.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Journal photographer Rob Tibbles was looking at photographs he had taken yesterday at Fullabrook wind farm between Barnstaple and Ilfracombe when he spotted a strange object hovering above one of the turbines.

I would think , would this journal photographer put his career on the line for a prank photograph?

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
You do have to laugh at some of the responses. Cloud? Bird? Giant pterodactyl maybe, but no bird. How many times have we seen someone post, "If it were from a reputable source, yadayadayada"? Now we have a professional photographer who has a career to risk if he's found trying to perpetrate a hoax, and it's not good enough. I'm not claiming it's ET, but it ain't no cloud or bird.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Obviously not that an experienced photographer.

It's called a bird

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

AndyMayhew

Obviously not that an experienced photographer.

It's called a bird
Why do people post foolish things? To get noticed?

www.robtibbles.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Bilk22
I'm not claiming it's ET, but it ain't no cloud or bird.

Case solved ... here it is
lol

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

0bserver1

Bilk22

lol
Ah yes. The famous giant flying squirrel that needs no trees to jump from. Why didn't I think of that?

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Except that somehow the photographer didn't happen to see the UFO when he took the picture.
Maybe because it was a bird and he just didn't notice it.

A blurd. We've seen many.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Phage
reply to post by Bilk22

Except that somehow the photographer didn't happen to see the UFO when he took the picture.
Maybe because it was a bird and he just didn't notice it.

A blurd. We've seen many.
That's not a bird either, but nice try. Try calculating the size of the bird in your pic and let us know which species it is?

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

I know it's sometimes frustrating to always see the same outcome, You know the problem is that many don't know what it is .. Its just untouchable to have that knowledge I think.There's never been a case here that said "yes definitely alien"
edit on 0b18America/ChicagoSun, 24 Nov 2013 10:24:18 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSun, 24 Nov 2013 10:24:18 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Try telling me how far away the bird is from the camera. Then you can work on calculating the size.

link   

Bilk22

0bserver1

Bilk22

lol
Ah yes. The famous giant flying squirrel that needs no trees to jump from. Why didn't I think of that?

Maybe he jumped from the top of the turbine motor housing, out the back and got a boost from the wind to gain altitude while riding the thermals?

Is this explanation less plausible than some alien craft from a far off star system? After all, each of the elements in the above speculation actually are proven to exist in the world. It's the combination of the events that makes it less probable and questionable.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join