It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel calls Iran nuclear deal a 'historic mistake'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

The Israeli government called the deal reached with Iran over its nuclear program a "historic mistake," saying it only slows a nuclear program that will still be capable of producing a bomb. Speaking to his Cabinet on Sunday, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said the agreement endangered Israel, adding the nation is not bound by the international community's nuclear deal and reserves the right to defend itself. "What was reached last night in Geneva is not a historic agreement, it is a historic mistake," Netanyahu said.

Looks like the warmonger speaking for Israel is still crying for war. Funny how a nation that is always crying we want peace is always looking for a reason to go to war.

This was the funniest statement in the article.

"Today the world became a much more dangerous place because the most dangerous regime in the world made a significant step in obtaining the most dangerous weapons in the world."

But Benny the most dangerous regime in the world already has nukes you should know this because you help run it. Everything Iran has been doing is within the guidelines of the NPT. It's time Israel man up and sign the NPT and allow inspectors to see what kind of WMD's Israel has.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

But Benny the most dangerous regime in the world already has nukes you should know this because you help run it. Everything Iran has been doing is within the guidelines of the NPT. It's time Israel man up and sign the NPT and allow inspectors to see what kind of WMD's Israel has.

I agree. Syria was the last legitimate reason Israel could have had for hoarding details or even basic NPT level declarations of it's own Nuke program. Syria made Chems and Israel made Nukes. They both kept the details hidden and off the table of treaties. Well... Oops.. By design or by happenstance to this issue, Syria isn't a factor anymore. Now Israel stands rather lonely and without a comfy seat when the music stops. Err.. Yeah. oops.

It'd say it is time Israel slap it's OWN cards on the NPT table before implying others are cheating their own commitments. They don't even have a passing reason to remain the 'rebels' when it comes to the international treaties on WMD. Not anymore, IMO.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Israel has reason to not trust Islamic Arab nations, they live in the same neighborhood. let's not forget that just 2 nuclear bombs detonated in Israel could pretty much wipe out most of the population, due to it's relatively small size. that scenario tends to focus the mind, just put yourself in his place, by looking at a map, and studying the past 60 years of history.
also, let's not forget when nuclear weapons were put on Cuban soil in the 60's, and America went batsh*t, and threatened to go nuclear itself. now compare the land mass of Israel to that of America, and you might get an idea why there are a bunch of antsy people in israel
edit on 24-11-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Same could be said about Arabic nations not having reasons to trust Israel.
Anyway, the Iranians are not Arab, and they haven't attacked anyone, as oppose to Israel.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I tend to agree with them... at this point, anyway.

Only time will tell the truth; when this moment is looked back at from the historic perspective, will its final value be revealed.

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

"Today the world became a much more dangerous place because the most dangerous regime in the world made a significant step in obtaining the most dangerous weapons in the world."

LOL

That part made me laugh too...Netanyahu easily in the top three, if not number one when it comes to hypocrites on the global political stage.

Netanyahu ignores the fact that a lot of the world see Israel as a threat to world peace. Even a European poll a couple years back deemed Israel the biggest threat to world peace.

A new poll commissioned by the European Commission show that Israel is believed by Europeans in 15 countries to be the greatest threat to world peace, greater than North Korea, Iran or Afghanistan.

While the European Commission will release the full results of the poll on Monday, the International Herald Tribune reported that the 7,500 people polled living in the European Union (500 in each of the 15 E.U. member states) were presented with a list of 15 countries and asked if these countries present a threat to world peace. Shockingly, Israel was rated first.

www.jewishfederations.org...

Imagine the outrage...LOL!

Personally I think the world is playing Good Cop, Bad Cop with Israel. These "negotiations" and "milestones" never mean squat and are usually nothing but theatrics. Iran is on the chopping block and they will be overthrown by the West and Israel one way or the other.

Let Bibi throw his hissy fits, anyone with half a brain can see past his act.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

This is one area I agree with the Obama administration. They don't have Israel dictating U.S. policy decisions in the middle east. Let Benny whine and moan. Netanyahu has never wanted peace with his neighbors. He refuses to negotiate and forces the hand of U.S. policy in the region. It's about time we stop giving our full attention to Israel's complaints. and start listening to its neighbors in a fair and balanced perspective. I find it deplorable that the U.S. has backed Israel all these years, when they continue to take land from the Palestinians. I can't see how any country in the world would stand back and allow that to happen without a fight.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Is there a particular reason why you agree with them at this point? Why do you think this deal could be dangerous? My interpretation is that if it works the way they say it will (I have my doubts as I believe it is set up to be a failure) then it is a huge step forward in diplomatic relations. Israel is just pissed that they have less of an excuse to bomb Iran now...
edit on 11/24/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: grammar clean up

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

IamTheManWithThePlan
reply to post by jimmyx

Anyway, the Iranians are not Arab, and they haven't attacked anyone, as oppose to Israel.

right...because the Islamic nations have worked so hard on bringing about peace with Israel, because that is all they have ever wanted (rolls eyes)....but you are right, Iranians are not Arabs, but Iran has been proved to be the supplier of weapons to Hezbollah and hamas...so to think that Iran is ONLY interested in peace is a fallacy.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

jimmyx
Israel has reason to not trust Islamic Arab nations, they live in the same neighborhood. let's not forget that just 2 nuclear bombs detonated in Israel could pretty much wipe out most of the population, due to it's relatively small size. that scenario tends to focus the mind, just put yourself in his place, by looking at a map, and studying the past 60 years of history.
also, let's not forget when nuclear weapons were put on Cuban soil in the 60's, and America went batsh*t, and threatened to go nuclear itself. now compare the land mass of Israel to that of America, and you might get an idea why there are a bunch of antsy people in israel
edit on 24-11-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

Nobody is going to nuke Israel because nobody wants to hurt the Palestinians (except Israel, of course).

Also, I wouldn't try and talk about history, it will only end up with yet more Israeli hypocrisy.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

jimmyx

IamTheManWithThePlan
reply to post by jimmyx

right...because the Islamic nations have worked so hard on bringing about peace with Israel, because that is all they have ever wanted (rolls eyes)....but you are right, Iranians are not Arabs, but Iran has been proved to be the supplier of weapons to Hezbollah and hamas...so to think that Iran is ONLY interested in peace is a fallacy.

Proven?!
By whom?! Israeli media?! Israeli intelligence?!

But even if it was, you know that one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter, right?
Israel supports the 'rebels' in Syria, so does the US, along with most of the west.
So, no high moral ground to be taken there...

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Corruption Exposed
reply to post by redoubt

Is there a particular reason why you agree with them at this point? Why do you think this deal could be dangerous? My interpretation is that it works they say it will then it is a huge step forward in diplomatic relations. Israel is just pissed that they have less of an excuse to bomb Iran now...

First of all, it doesn't take a master's degree in English to see that many (here and elsewhere) have a profound opposition to all things Israel so... if the treaty had limited Iran to building one bomb per month, there would still be cheering.

But, beyond that and speaking strictly for myself, I think that the issue was important enough to demand more than what was achieved in the current agreement. One need only look at the region and other nations such as India and Pakistan where these weapons stand ready under fingers ready and willing to push the button at the drop of a hat. Once this happens... under any condition, that old genie is out of the lamp and hell will be on the world's doorstep.

So, for the moment, I think we could have done better...

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

I disagree that everything is "anti-Israel" as it's mostly directed towards their government, and the extremists within Israel. The same goes when we criticize Iran or any other nation, it's usually the government who are the culprits with a minority amount of citizens who agree with their hardline policies while the rest of the population disagrees. Even Israel has a rather large anti government movement from it's regular populace due to several social issues...that is a whole other issue.

Your point of view that the issue was important enough that more could have been achieved is a valid concern. My concern is the pre-determined roadblocks which were demanded at first, both sides had to settle from what it appears so in my opinion it was sabotaged from the get go. You may see this as bias on my behalf but most the impossible roadblocks were propositioned by Israel or their allies which left Iran no choice but to react as neither side wanted to appear weak in the public eye.

I am glad that they were able to part separate ways in a friendly manner other than the expected moaning and groaning coming out of Israel and its hardline supporters.

Saudi Arabia and Israel have regional domination and will do anything to keep it.
edit on 11/24/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

redoubt
First of all, it doesn't take a master's degree in English to see that many (here and elsewhere) have a profound opposition to all things Israel so... if the treaty had limited Iran to building one bomb per month, there would still be cheering.

That's not fair.
People don't hate Israel per se, they just hate injustice...the kind the Israeli Govt. does all the time, along with the Israeli lobby groups in most western nations.
If Israel was looking for peaceful solutions, nobody would criticize them, I think.
edit on 24-11-2013 by IamTheManWithThePlan because: typo

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Dear Buster,

Did you really think that there would be any other reaction than what had occurred? By Bibi or yourself?

It is fine, I can understand why you feel the way you do, I would also feel the same way(if i didnt know any better), nobody here blames you - to the contrary, most agree with you.

But as an earlier post stated

just put yourself in his place, by looking at a map, and studying the past 60 years of history.

Can you blame him? No... i cant blame him either.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Israel is an OCCUPATION government forced on the population of the actual land. The Israeli government is supplied by the US with arms and intelligence. Yet you want to bash Iran for doing the same for the oppressed?

We as Americans are brought up to defend the helpless. It is pounded into us from birth. It is a fallacy.

All one has to do is look at the Israel situation and the lie is exposed.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by IamTheManWithThePlan

People don't hate Israel per se, they just hate injustice...the kind the Israeli Govt. does all the time, along with the Israeli lobby groups in most western nations.
If Israel was looking for peaceful solutions, nobody would criticize them, I think.

Actually, I did not use the word 'hate'. It is just wayyy too abused already and carries no genuine value anymore as it is.

Beyond that, those with understanding of the history of Israel, as well as the land of Palestine before the state of Israel, knows that the animosities are shared between many sectors of that society and go way back. In truth, there was a time when the Jews filled the role of guerrilla fighters in the same way the Palestinians do today.

Taking sides on this is a fool's errand, in my ever so humble opinion.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I don't see how anyone can take anything Israel says seriously. They have hidden nukes, they attack other sovereign countries by stealth (Syria for one) and they have rekindled the ghost of the old cold war by building that ridiculous wall. Israel is the 21 century Apartheid.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Saudi Arabia and Israel have regional domination and will do anything to keep it.

Too much blind politics for my palate... especially in a region where such is as complicated in layout as the synaptic network in the human brain.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

If you could picture the devil incarnate, then I would picture him looking and sounding
like Benjamin Netanyau.

I swear the man is intrinsically evil.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join