It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Hunters Burn Historic Louisiana Plantation To The Ground

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

hh , don't get too burnt up about it , ill warrant that house has seen it fair share of atrocity. sugar cane plantation was it ? hmmm I say let the ghosts rip

funbox

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

What a bunch of idiots.

First off, most people wouldn't be caught after setting such a fire, they'd run. The fact that these seven are in custody proves just how stupid they are.

Second, seven idiots getting drunk and smoking weed in a supposedly haunted house should not be lumped together with legitimate paranormal research. There are some people that take that whole field seriously.

Third, these guys are a bunch of idiots. What kind of moron wastes his weed by dropping it on the floor? I assume that's what happened, maybe someone dropped the roach and it lit fire. Good pot heads know you save those roaches and combine them later for a combined roach. No I don't smoke pot, I just live in bad neighborhoods. Don't ask.

Fourth, these guys are idiots. I am always sad when old beautiful houses get torn or in this case burned down. It's no lie they really don't make them like they used to.

edit on 24-11-2013 by OrphanApology because: d

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

Second, seven idiots getting drunk and smoking weed in a supposedly haunted house should not be lumped together with legitimate paranormal research. There are some people that take that whole field seriously.

In all seriousness, I believe you're very much right with this. It doesn't really matter what they were doing, outside paranormal research, because the research was obviously only a part of their whole intent anyway.

They really do give serious people a bad name when it's extremely hard to get past the 'giggle' factor with average people on the topic to start with. I'd love to be able to take at least a semester course in the serious side of paranormal research, but geniuses like this thread's story covers seem to make it a subject quite rare to see covered. Even by modern liberal standards in colleges.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It's because the ones who take it seriously are lumped in with the snake oil salesmen.

It's the same with research on aliens, Bigfoot, etc.

The problem with these fields is that there is no establishment(think CFA institute but for paranormal research) that has training and standard practices in regard to the research. Drunk idiots smoking weed and drinking beer get mixed in with the legitimate researches who take their time, document, analyze and you know, research.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

It is especially disgusting because it was historical building, of which not many left. Furthermore, the people of the area depends on the tourism money it generated. These arse wipes should have to pay for it. Lol

The Bot

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Going on a ghost hunt while 'under the influence' is a really stupid thing to do. Not just because you can get physically hurt and/or have property damage (as the fire shows) .. but to purposely be out getting the attention of spooks while not in complete control of yourself and the situation .. well that's just inviting dark forces to take advantage of you.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Through out history many have said you have to get hammered to have ghost visit you and to see the spiritual world. Take the Indians with the holes they climb down into and smoke out for days to learn there spiritual animal.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 24-11-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

that's an interesting notion
any mention of a ouija board found amongst the chard ashes?

funBox

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but do you realize what a plantation was? Oh no. A plantation burnt down. F the historical. Would Jews be upset if a concentration camp burned down? Pol Pot. This is a victory for the spirits who were tortured there. Ghost hunters, at least televised ghost hunters, do seem to have no scholarly incentive so the substance abuse does not surprise me. Good for them. F plantations.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Nice comment on the handicapped.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hyperreflexia

I instinctually think of a plantation negatively but don't condone setting them on fire.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Maybe they got confused an.d thought they were doing an exorcism. They just got it backwards instead of removing the demons from the house they removed the house from the demons.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join