It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Hunters Burn Historic Louisiana Plantation To The Ground

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Source Article: ... Ghost Hunters Burn Historic Louisiana Plantation to the Ground

The suspects told authorities that they snuck into the Lebeau Plantation in order to investigate claims that the building was haunted. Unfortunately for everyone, many news outlets reported that these ghost hunters had more in common with Shaggy and Scooby than with Fred and Velma, because instead of actually solving any mysteries they just got wrecked on cheap weed and cheaper beer. Then they accidentally set fire to the building.

I'm surprised something like this hasn't already happened if not several times over.
Fringe topics are often low hanging fruit, honey pots for every sort, requiring little or no investment for interest, and especially so for the nutters and irresponsible sorts that get up to these illegal stunts.

I'm still waiting for a group of UFO hunters to get rounded up for blinding pilots with their Laser Pointers.

Pro-Tip: When "investigating" any fringe topic, please DO ensure you're on sound legal footing, and have adequate responsible adult supervision.
Further, leave all the recreational substances at home.

This is disgusting.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Agreed. Was the ghost hunt just an excuse for squatting? Maybe they thought the ghosts would join in the party, bringing tacos and a boombox?

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

You're not investigating if you are bringing weed and beer. Just saying.

What a shame though. Really.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by beauty from pain

I'm sure there's certain folk that might disagree with that perspective in rationalizing that such substances open up their chakras, or pineal glands, or they might argue that such altered states open them up to experience or tap into supernatural/paranormal things.

They might cite time honored shamanic practices and other hooey.

Meh.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

who you going to call?

baiting busters ?

lets see
drug users
ufo hunters
ghost busters
spooks kooks and gobbledigooks

you best call renta GHost

im surprised you didn't bundle in the corncircle makers too. consider the amount wasted... the cornality of it!

really

funBox

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I'll rephrase.

Cheap weed and cheaper beer.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Lmao I got a mega warning the other day for a harmless joke about all things green.

Crazy planet.

What they were looking for was a bottle of stolichnaya.

"Dude, I left the spirits here somewhere... you look behind the stove.. I'll look behind the heater."

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Is Louisiana one of the states that publishes mugshots online?

I'd certainly love to see some pictures of these mental juggernauts.

Edit: FOUND PICTURE OF THEM!!!!

They look like they're brimming with intelligence.
I think the handicap sign on the ground is appropriate.

edit on 11/24/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

they look like a bunch of sorry looking kids, ha, you have a fantastic ability to gauge intellect , prey tell whats the secret to seeing beyond the flesh, sounds a bit otherworldly to me

funBox

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

It's all in the socks.
Since none of them are apparently wearing any ... it's a sure sign.

Plus, they got caught.

Getting caught, or not, is generally a good indicator of foresight and planning an exit strategy, or not, which is fairly decent gauge of, well, being clever enough to at least plan, and not get caught.

edit on 11/24/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

OMG - that made me laugh.

And I agree, I'm surprised that it hasn't happened sooner. It actually probably has but on a smaller scale so the stories don't hit the news.

Now the "responsible" ghost hunters have to go out and tell the irresponsible folks to knock it off so they don't taint all of them with a bad name.

On a side note - has anyone actually counted how many "Ghost Hunter" type shows are currently airing on various channels? It's mind boggling...

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

This kind of pass time is hugely popular amongst young people, especially these days with TV shows like Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures.

This happens all the time, an incident like this occurs and the blame is lumped upon a subject that is not the actual cause. Like a bunch of skaters entering a derelict building to skate the pool in the back yard, kids get drunk, high and wreck the place, then the subject of skateboarding comes under public scrutiny.

Kids being stupid and irresponsible, what's that got to do with actual paranormal investigation?

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
These retards arent ghost hunters or paranormal investigators, justa bunch of inbred morons looking for ghosts after getting high

They have NOTHING to do with legit ghost hunting or paranormal investigaton

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

Because they Travelled all the way from NORTH TEXAS to ghost hunt this place?

Five out of seven suspects accused of burning down a pre-Civil War plantation house in Louisiana Thursday night are from Grand Prairie or Fort Worth.

High off of marijuana and alcohol, the men broke into the LeBeau Plantation House while seeking the supernatural, authorities said.

Source (again) with picture.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
So they went to hammer up some proof of ghosts and only managed to get hammered while nearly becoming ghosts themselves.

I'm no expert on Louisiana law, but I do know they have a reputation for being almost draconian when it's a personal 'pissed off' issue to the Court or the cops. This sounds like a personal thing to a lot of people as a community historic site.

Something tells me they'll have time to explore some other old, creepy institution for ghosts and bad things too. They..ahem..call it a prison. Arson isn't a cheesy charge.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

get caught? I doubt they intended to cause that fire , they don't look stupid enough to waste spirits in such a way
I look at the line up and I see three guilt's stripped shirt far right, orange shirt and blue shirt blue hat. and four along for the ride, aside from that I would know.

staff Edit

my bad , *sniff sniff* its just the writing styles *sniff* so familiar *sniff sniff*

funBox

edit on 24/11/2013 by Sauron because: Please we do not allow discusions of banned members on the Forums

edit on 24-11-2013 by funbox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Ah, I'm unfamiliar with US geography.

What a bunch of idiots.

I guess your point about 'fringe' topics is a fair one in this case. Anybody who's serious about what their doing will keep the booze and weed out of it, unless getting drunk and high is what they're serious about. 'Ghost hunting' may have been these guys motivation but it's not to blame for them getting wasted and burning that house down.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I'm ... not sure what to say......

They were not only "investigating" a haunting, but they are all from my neck of the woods.

First thing wrong with this: We, the investigators of the paranormal, are already considered to be somewhere between "eccentric" and "escaped mental inmate" on the lower end of the sanity scale. Now we have "arsonist" tagged on in there too. On top of that, who in their right mind in the NTX area, after reading that, would let us onto their property, unsupervised?

I want to give these children a good swift kick to the rear.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

Please note; a number of my comments are intended humor at the expense of these ... well, folks, as well as for adding a bit of PSA hazing in hopes of deterring similar behavior from anyone that may participate in such antics.

As far as geography goes, the 5 from North Texas travelled well over 500 miles to burn down, um, ghost hunt this Historical location.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

<<   2 >>

join