It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we living in the most oppressive times ever ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MOMof3

Maybe you still can today, but privatization of everything is in the agenda and once this is done you won`t be able to even swim in a river without paying for it.

I hope I`m wrong and this will never happen, otherwise we`ll have to pay to keep ourselves alive.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

CosmicDude
reply to post by MOMof3

Maybe you still can today, but privatization of everything is in the agenda and once this is done you won`t be able to even swim in a river without paying for it.

I hope I`m wrong and this will never happen, otherwise we`ll have to pay to keep ourselves alive.

We already do.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

Kind of depends on who's being repressed doesn't it?

Ask a Jew about oppression....

www.dw.de...

Or a Black American....

www.google.com... =1024&bih=676

For current oppression, take a vaccination to the Ukraine....

www.rferl.org...

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

imho, Revolution (without 'Complete Evolution' of 'consciousness') would only bring back another different 'prison' System if it could be successful. Evidence everywhere.

peace.
edit on 25-11-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

Lol, true, but I'm sure you know what I mean

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

dodol

imho, Revolution (without 'Complete Evolution' of 'consciousness') would only bring back another different 'prison' System if it could be successful. Evidence everywhere.

peace.

Exactly, the answer isnt violent overthrow of the political elite, it is peaceful dismantling of the corrupt system, and to actually learn from our mistakes.

"Animal Farm" highlights the scenario you speak of perfectly.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Tsu322

When I first started to read your thread I thought you might be wrong because I am a woman that can work, vote and freely own a cauldron or three.

However I can't get out of the system to live freely and wild in my country because every last square inch of it is claimed. Even the areas owned by the people have many regulations and laws attached that you could never live on them. I would love to be self sufficient but there is no-where I can legally go. I would be arrested, sectioned, or both, defeating the objective of seeking freedom.

Most houses today are built without chimneys so we cannot go out and get our own fuel. I cannot pick or grow my own medication, wildflower laws and whatnot.

As long as there is human nature there will always be oppression.

That's is very true - in the UK you might find a house or apartment with a chimney, but you'll find it's been blocked up and the area has been declared a "smoke free zone".

There literally isn't a single place where you could simply settle on a patch of land and just build a home (except maybe if you are an "Irish traveler"). English families desperate to afford a home to start a family have resorted to getting planning permission for a barn (agricultural use permitted), but then converted it internally into a home by adding partitioning walls and some windows - upon which the planning department demanded that they demolish the structure.

Even if you did purchase a field and got planning permission for a cottage, it would only be a matter of months before property developers would be building 400+ property development all around you. Even if you do buy a home, then there are all sorts of planning regulations that prevent you from modifying the structure in any way or form. Not even changing the window frames or knocking down a wall.

The most common dispute these days is over the height of vegetation, in particular Leylandii trees.
One man who cut down his neighors tree as a gift to his wife was fined $180,000 . Unfortunately, that tree had a preservation order on it and he was ordered to pay compensation to his neighbor as well as the cost of providing a replacement tree.

www.dailymail.co.uk... html

The sad truth is, once we start living next to each other, there have to be rules in place to stop disputes from escalating.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dodol

That`s a good point

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Bush sr did say that the new world order would be by the rule of law.

The law killeth, but the Spirit giveth life.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

randyvs

Massive bloodshed is coming,

Wonderful

TPTB will be laughing as idiots run around and shoot each other, since they will profit from that as well.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

TPTB will be laughing as idiots run around and shoot each other, since they will profit from that as well.

That's not what I meant tho RT. I was referring to our blood. Not the other way around.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Are you serious? How about the years of the Crusades?

If you were an independent, free-thinker back then, and this lot came to visit you... Well, it usually did not go so well. You would be stretched out on a rack in front of your family and some religious fanatic would be pulling your intestines out with a dull hook.

They traveled the world looking for people to "save".

That seems to trump oppression today, don't you think?

edit on 25-11-2013 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

edit on 25-11-2013 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

Added Content: My comments are not against Christianity. I am a Christian. There are skeletons hanging in the closets of every religion.
edit on 25-11-2013 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Yeah they were more brutal. Prisons are the dark ages alive and well pretty much, and you could earn a long vacation to one for less than you'd think, or perhaps a mistaken identity. A kid in NY just got released from 3 years in one of their more famous hell holes for what turned out to be just that. luckily he'll be getting a nice paycheck im sure. They're coming up with new laws every year too, someday they'll make one just for you!

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
No. Humans are the same mentally and physically as they were when modern humans first arrived. We humans try to control others in many ways, shapes, and forms. Times change and so do the methods people use, but to say we are more oppressed than ever is a misconception. Think of the struggles faced worldwide throughout history (slavery, holocaust, black death, etc). People have always wanted to conquer and control. It's normally a select few of certain groups or regions that cause the most problems (true), but this has happened all throughout history.

What we see today is a larger population. If you have a larger population, you tend to see more problems simply because there are more people to create problems. Since our population has increased exponentially for the last 2,000 years, human technology increased. This lead to an increase of information throughout time. Spreading information is how we live. We are currently in a very large and unaccustomed information age where we learn about everything. So I propose that this information age has simply lead to more awareness of oppression, not merely more oppressing times so to speak.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Are we in the most oppressive time in history?

No I wouldn't say that. Sure things aren't going very well these days since were exploiting our planet and each other in the name of profit. And on top of that a lot of authority figures are quite corrupt, greedy, and selfish. There's a lot of things that we're doing that we shouldn't be, but a lot of these traits have been carried out already in history.

We've slaughtered each other.
We've enslaved each other.
We've deliberately lied to each other.
We've carried out religious crusaders/jihads.
We've manipulated, and taken advantage of each other.
We're doing our best to not only destroy ourselves, but our planet along with it's other inhabitants.
We've convinced ourselves we are superior over other creeds of people, maybe even animals.
We've been doing most of these things chasing wealth and self interest.

We're the exact same as we were 10,000 years ago. Our DNA and brain structure hasn't hardly changed in thousands of years.

The only difference now is technology. To quote George Carlin, We're just "Semi-civilized beasts with baseball caps and automatic weapons."

It's just business as usual for humanity. We've just upgraded our power for self destruction over the years. especially after the industrial revolution.

You may think it's bad now, but I'm scared to see what this planet may look like 500 - 1,000 years from now. Hopefully we get it together and learn from our history. But then again, history has shown we haven't learned jack.

-Ling

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

AndyMayhew

Yes.

On the other hand, when we were free we had no ovens, TVs, central heating, iPads, computers, cars, clocks, vacuum cleaners, kettles .........

We had all the food we could catch and collect and there was no-one to tell us what to do. But damn, those caves got drafty in winter!

It was almost like we were a slave to survival.

In the history of mankind we have never had so much free time as we do today. We do not need to spend every waking moment working to stay live, nor do we need to spend 16 hours a day 7 days a week in some factory they will kill us before we are 40.

If one just looked around and actually saw things and not take everything for granted you all would be shocked as how easy we have it today. I get up take a hot shower in a 24/7 68 to 70 degree temp controlled environment no matter what the weather is like outside. I make coffee in minutes, and I get to work 50 miles away in 1 hour. At work I drink more coffee eat a lunch that I didn't need to hardly lift a finger to get and eat a nut/dried fruit snack that even kings of old would not have. After about 8 hours I drive home in under an hour and eat a dinner that my wife made. My wife goes shopping and within a few hours has fresh everything needed for a week to feed the family...I could go on and on but you all get my point.

edit on 26-11-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Please don't mistake my jokey words as sarcasm, or not taking this thread seriously, but Americans, you love your freedoms, and the wool is so far over your eyes it's choking off your air supply.

We live in a world where you're caught on CCTV hundreds of times per day when you just get your groceries, you think you're "off the grid" by not voting, yet cars, bills, bank accounts, all connected to Social security numbers give you away, it's illegal in some way to do anything to separate yourself from society, you pay over the odds for the goods to satisfy your basic human rights, you can't grow your own food without someone getting involved, you can own guns, but the way I see it, you don't get to use them for defence unless you're a white male...

Food, water, utilities, everything you need to survive is in the hands of someone else, and you have absolutely no right to any of it without paying for it.

Every time something happens in the world, it's used as an excuse to further restrict societies actions "for your own good".

I'd be interested to find out what rights are being violated right now, via clauses, notes, and loopholes, just to keep you thinking you're free, but really, that noose is tightening round your neck so slowly you don't feel it till it's too late.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I would have to say that 'yes' we are in the most oppressive times ever, and that is saying a lot.
We really never own anything not even our own children.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Not to be a grammar/English Nazi here but (have to, it's a pet peeve)....what exactly is a "Regulamentation"? I would assume if you want to be taken seriously, that you would at least have the common courtesy to use real/true terminology.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

A free place to live? Why can't you provide for yourself? Why do you need someone else to give you a place to live? Seems like you're blaming your entitlement syndrome on the NWO.

What restrictions are you talking about? I have a garden that I grow and I have had no issue. Up at my grandparent's cabin we receive our water from an ice springs...not government intrusion.

Are we living in increasingly oppressive times? Sure. Do people realize it? No, they are too worried about watching Dancing with the Stars or playing with their smart phones. C Wright Mills nailed it when he called them "cheerful robots"

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join