It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Priest Painting - Does anybody know anything about this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
OK, I have seen this painting on various websites, blogs etc, and my assumption was that it was a fairly modern painting. I never gave it much thought, thinking it was just a creative person's work, to act as a visual enhancement when discussing Ancient Aliens theories. Then one day I had a 'hang on a minute' thought, and tried to find out more but alas, there doesn't appear to be a lot more.

Using the Google reverse image search simply brings up a whole bunch of links either related to Ancient Aliens, or to the idea of aliens/UFOs, but I only found one site with insufficient information to go on.

So this is the image, no doubt familiar to some.

This website here :ancientarchives.wordpress.com... ,features the image and states 'alien-priest painting 1400 AD'. I am dubious, but my own detective work turns up little of substance.

As far as AA images in art, I have found a large number of these to have been debunked (not that this stops them appearing ad nauseam on AA sites), and I for one am happy to clear the debris so-to speak. I personally find this image to be quite striking, and in the unlikely event that it is from 1400 AD, my interest will be greatly piqued.

So, I find myself asking the ATS UFO community (and those ATS members who frequent other forums but stumble across this thread), does anyone have any knowledge of this painting and where it comes from? Is it really a painting from 1400 AD, or perhaps an image from 1984 AD?

Any help in possibly solving this puzzle will be appreciated.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
That's chucknasty's avatar.

He might know.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Interesting, I think the best evidence can be the old paintings (Google Madonna and child UFO for my favorite) the hands on this painting do look like the style of that time frame but the way the image "breaks the 4th wall" at the bottom looks more like a modern interpretation to me. The site looks pretty legit as the other photos pretty much show ancient artifacts, maybe message the site owner in the comments page. Knowing the title or artist would help a lot to determine the authenticity.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Snarl
That's chucknasty's avatar.

He might know.

That is EXACTLY what I screamed (in my head) as soon as I saw it!

I bet he does know more about it. OP should message him about the thread.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by cuckooold

Your dubious ????

Wise move!

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Seems like it was just a satirical illustration that was published back in 2009 in Times...

Source

...1400AD...

edit on 24-11-2013 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Aha, thank you!

Amazing how quickly the image is picked up and assimilated into the AA canon.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
It was written on a blog! Surely it must be true!!!

It's a 2007 painting by an artist named Camilla Kesterton and the painting's name is "Census Hopeful".

Start your investigation here.

edit on 24-11-2013 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   

abe froman
Interesting, I think the best evidence can be the old paintings (Google Madonna and child UFO for my favorite) the hands on this painting do look like the style of that time frame but the way the image "breaks the 4th wall" at the bottom looks more like a modern interpretation to me. The site looks pretty legit as the other photos pretty much show ancient artifacts, maybe message the site owner in the comments page. Knowing the title or artist would help a lot to determine the authenticity.

You do realize that is not a UFO and is depicting a passage from the Bible right? There are numerous paintings also depicting this same scene.

Luk 2:9
And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.

This is pretty well established and well known, you have to really want to ignore truth and facts to think that is a UFO.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

I think perhaps one of the best threads pertaining to the debunking of a lot of supposed AA art is here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I believe there are people who will not admit to the most likely hypothesis, as many people are unwilling to see their preconceived ideas crumble. I perhaps may have been like that, but once something is debunked beyond all doubt, there's absolutely no use in hanging onto a falsehood that at best perpetuates ignorance, and in worse cases, it helps hucksters and shysters to perpetuate fraud.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I think the painting is an alien rendition of a painting of Saint Nicolas.. Check here:

www.bridgemanart.com...
www.bibliotheca-andana.be...
saints.sqpn.com...
www.ebay.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Whatever the truth of this image I think it is really cool, and it asks a philosophical question, do the aliens have philosophers and priests and do they indeed have missionarys or could one of them have been converted to a religion from earth.

There is a theory that certain ideas spread in a viral pattern and what if though the physical make up of the beings may be different some of these ideas may leap that barrier with ease, if so it is interesting that we have had no official communication with these other peoples.
Or have we.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Since A Aliens show started to air on TV, more and more people started to watch. Maybe it was to break the Ice somewhat since the masses could not break the walls down in their ideas of Relg. It dose not fit into the bill. Now the show have gone way to far and is quite stupid. Really? Everything is of Aliens, period!

I do not see any problem with the picture really, although what does the left hand sign mean really? It just may be possible that they could have their own Relg, and why would they Not have one? Lets sat if they can fly through out space, been here since the time of cavemen. We could have picked it up from them, only dropped it down some since how does one place things into words so the masses can understand?

We even have pic's of them fighting among themselves above in the sky! So if you can fight each other, it would lead to some other understanding from right from wrong. So where does right from wrong come from, even in space?

So what is that hand sign saying in the picture? Did it actually come from us or them? Even the book has dices? why them?

Could be worst though, just go to Denver and try to actually understand what is on them walls!
edit on 24-11-2013 by infoseeker26754 because: missed something

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

You must not be looking at the oainting i'm talking about.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

abe froman

You must not be looking at the oainting i'm talking about.

Send me a link, because I am pretty sure I am right.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
(reference link)

Amazing how quickly the image is picked up and assimilated into the AA canon.

(n/m.. it'll make sense one day)

and a reply to: infoseeker26754

Could be worst though, just go to Denver and try to actually understand what is on them walls!

there is a lot going on at the DIA site
guest appearance

happy halloween

top topics

join