It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You did it yourself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Give yourself a nice pat on the back people, look at what all you have created most importantly take credit for once.
What am I talking about? Human achievements throughout history, just stand back and look how far we've come and how much further we can go. Go on give yourself a little credit. You and your ancestors created the world that you live in today, not gods or aliens from another planet. The human race has done some great things and we've also done some bad things. However claiming that a god did this or that for a specific purpose probably isn't the best option. Why does this agitate me? People use religion all the time to get away with their lies while claiming to be better because their god/gods did this or that. In reality the slaves, peasants and workers did this. They did all the dirty work and not once were they given any thought. Is it really that hard to believe that your ancestors did all this work themselves? We built the pyramids, traversed the oceans, created computers and smartphones.

Just think of how much more you could do if you really wanted too. Each and every person on this planet affects the course of history. You may claim that aliens and gods created the world you live in, but the simple truth is, YOU DID IT ALL ON YOUR OWN CONGRATULATIONS.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by blueyezblkdragon

As it's a rant, I suppose it's not the place for a lengthy discussion. I'll just say that I agree with you that humans did human things. Of course, I also believe that God did God things. OK, rant on, friend.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Why then is 2012 and possibly the Singularity during my lifetime. A coincidence? I don't want to think of myself as a creator of anything other than a chooser of my path, because I think that that thinking leads to wanting to change the world from without. That leads to wanting more and more power, because the only way to make more important changes is by increasing your power. I see lots of people in my outer world who have gone done that path. I'm grateful to have them as a book to read, as examples of what not to do. The highest of them are "the elite" but really the elite isn't different from anyone, it's a sliding scale. I think this is why the Bible says it's easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God. I'd rather live simply and humble myself. I don't care about getting a degree or about trying to change the state of the world. I think the world is just a mirror of myself anyway.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Thanks

I did my best

Cody

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

charles1952

As it's a rant, I suppose it's not the place for a lengthy discussion. I'll just say that I agree with you that humans did human things. Of course, I also believe that God did God things. OK, rant on, friend.

What kind of things did your "god" do in the last several years?

Did he stop any wars?

Did he feed all the hungers of the world?

Did he raise the dead from the grave?

Did he speak to the world?

Did he stop sickness?

Did he ...... Ah you know what, # it we all know the answers to these questions...

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by introspectionist

While people do crave power, just like the power of choice you can do good or bad with power granted to you
again for you it's all about your choices and how you are remembered by those around you.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AprilFooseball

The lord works in mysterious ways.

I think the worst thing god ever did was give humans the brain to invent god... it gets in the way of all the good things they could do already.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Yes we created this but only through what god is, not a man up in the clouds but rather the collective conscience of us all, quantum physics is proving this and it is being discredited by material scientists and i believe is actually being held from public domain, but all the information is there. It has proven that consciousness is something we all share rather than something at a more individual level. This is in fact what god is on this plane of existence.

This is not even new knowledge just something that has been forgotten, after newton and his extraordinary findings people started to get a very material view of the world leading us to form the very primitive perception of god that most people have today.

I'm not trying to argue with you I'm only trying to show you something you may not already know..

Watch this, its not only very eye opening but extremely interesting at the same time.

edit on 24-11-2013 by SHgNaTrinityinme1333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AprilFooseball

The problem with that is you have the primitive view on god that most people have today, god doesn't do these things directly because that not how it works, god acts through us, it is not a physical thing so cant just appear out of nowhere and pull off magic tricks, we are the image of god in the physical plane. So god didn't feed the hungry? WE didn't feed the hungry, we let them starve and allowed are leaders to take there resources, we are the problem.

edit on 24-11-2013 by SHgNaTrinityinme1333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

AprilFooseball

charles1952

Did he stop any wars?

Did he stop sickness?

Did he ...... Ah you know what, ---- it we all know the answers to these questions...

What you'd be describing there wouldn't be a God in the Christian, Muslim or Jewish sense but a direct Master and overseer in the ancient Egyptian way. I don't believe I'd want a Deity if it did all those things, for what would also be done at that level of direct 'tinkering' with man like toys would be quite unpleasant, I'm sure. How much of what we enjoy could be added to merciless suppression as quickly as ending hunger?

'The Great Beyond' is a great question to ponder...and I'm just as happy seeing He isn't real active in this area of Creation, for whatever reason that may be. It's a good time for the "Gone Fishin'" sign in God's window, to put it another way. I think we're all due to be turned to pillars of Salt by now, if He were paying closer attention.

He also left us with Free Will, which allows all those bad things to happen. Personal Responsibility has to come with Free Will though, and perhaps divine intervention will be needed for that particular balance to be restored.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

edit on 26-11-2013 by ItDepends because: deleted incorrect format

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

AprilFooseball

charles1952

Did he stop any wars?

Did he stop sickness?

Did he ...... Ah you know what, # it we all know the answers to these questions...

Kind of a cop out to blame God for all of the things you have listed don't you think? Maybe the better questions are:

How many wars were stopped or never started? Because God worked through good people to help prevent them from occuring.

How many 10's of millions of children, parents, people of every color, creed, location were fed? Because God worked through good people to provide.

How many people did not go to the grave? Because of incredible medicine, volunteers around the world providing medical assistance, such as a simple polio shot in Africa that has save 10's of thousands? Because God worked through good people to provide and give of themselves unselfishly. Preventing both death and healing and stopping disease and sickness.

Did God speak to the world? Everyday through people, millions who follow his path of love, care, forgiveness and helping others.

The better question is "What can I do to make the world a better place and NOT what has God done for me today??

I am not endorsing any religion or a God, just that there is a FAITH that says that ALL of the wonderful achievements have come through the works of Good people. Most of the hellish atrocities we have heard and/or witnessed in our life time have been by evil people. Free Will and Personal Responsibility belong to each and everyone one of us on this planet.....Perhaps a God given ability -----FAITH!

Peace

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

edit on 26-11-2013 by ItDepends because: deleted duplicate entry

new topics

top topics

join