It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am afraid of death. And I am afraid of dying.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Getting really feeble, and then ending up on the floor of my apartment,alone, or ending up in an ambulance heading towards a nearby hospital scares me. Dying, losing the ability to breath without help scares me.

I'm not trying to be morbid. Death is freaking scary.

And then there is the whole question of sailing without control into the great beyond after we die. You religious types say, no problem. We non-religious types say, "Yikes!"

The whole death thing scares the heck out of me. If you aren't close to it, or you are a member of a very soothing religion, you don't understand what I am saying.

Death is scary. Unless you are not awake.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

your not alone

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
The best way to go is to simply drop dead, It is the process of dieing that hurts like mad no matter what religion one believes. My self have been on the end of a suffocation death due to spontaneous bilateral pneumothorax, woke in the hospital none the wiser on what happen, apart from the terrible pain of not being able to breath. And the feelings of why me, why now and then the overwhelming feeling of the plight of just living though what is happening, survival, thinking I have so much more to experience.

The entire situation is so hard to explain it's not funny.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Now_I_Lay_Me_Down_to_Sleep
en.wikipedia.org...

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
If I should die before I wake,
Bless me Lord my soul to take.

My Personal Version is:

Now I lay me down to Sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
If I die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take!!

edit on 24-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Then, you must be also scared of Life and scared of Living.
The reason I say this is because life leads to death eventually.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Being scared of life isn't the same as being scared of death. Life and death are part of a life cycle, but they are very different.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

It's terrifying. I sometimes say I have a phobia for it. People often laugh at that and make a point to say 'who doesn't'. However, the fear can cripple me. It plagues my thoughts. Definitely something I struggle with regularly. I guess it hits some harder than others. I am envious of the religious people who have alleviated that fear with belief. I have no interest in accepting belief without evidence just to provide a crutch. My solution instead will be to make sure I live the best life I can now, and not bank on any hereafter.

“The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.” ~Bruce Lee
edit on 24-11-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Resistance is futile. You're only free in the void.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
CGI Animated Short Film HD: "Dji Death Fails" by Simpals
www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv9c_HuK9Gg
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

It's very natural to be afraid of death. A small comfort, it's only the first part of realising that you are going to die that is sheer panic.

When it sets in and you accept and let go, it's like a warm bath.

When I choked as a little kid I remember the first minute as complete chaos. Absolute fear. hoping and fighting for life. When I realised it was useless and accepted my faith it wasn't so bad anymore......actually it was the most peacefull moment I every experienced in my life!!

Needless to say I was reanimated but the thing I remember best is not the chaos but the peacefull feeling.

Been loving every day of my life since but I can't say I'm scared to die. Actually I'm looking forward (hopefully at an old age) to do it again.

Weird, I know.

Peace

PS: Non-religious type here
edit on 24-11-2013 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

There really is nothing you can do about it, when the time comes just try to die well. I don't know why people worry about things they can't control, we all have an expiration date. Of course my philosophy is probably a lot different than yours, eg. I don't believe this is reality and I expect that when we die we simply go back to whomever we actually are. Then death becomes a transitional process rather than an end process to a finite existence within virtual reality.

Cheers - Dave

edit on 11/24.2013 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Well I am not particularly religious but one thing has always resonated with me. You don't live until you die, from the moment of conception you are dieing. You can't being living if you are dieing. What we experience here would be better defined as purgatory. Don't be scared death can only be the start of life.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Well, look at it this way.

If you weren't afraid of Death, then you can do cool stuff like this...

Felix Baumgartner's supersonic freefall from 128k' - Mission Highlights
www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHtvDA0W34I
www.youtube.com...

Felix Jumps At 128k feet! Red Bull Stratos - freefall from the edge of space
www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f-K-XnHi9I
www.youtube.com...

I believe Felix said, "I will never do it again!"

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Its is the end, no more of this world, this light, this hate or love, no more routines. Its the endless sleep.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

droid56
And then there is the whole question of sailing without control into the great beyond after we die. You religious types say, no problem. We non-religious types say, "Yikes!"

Nope I say that dosen't happen

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Endless sleep without dreams. I doubt it, but I have no problem with it if it turns out to be what awaits us.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Your soul will ground to the Earth like lightning!

In the Book of Enoch, God explains to Enoch that our Soul belongs to Earth, and Semiyaza and the Rogue Platoons souls belong to their home..

When people die in hospitals its almost like they get grounded through the buildings, and then the cities electrical system...

Talk about Ghosts in the machines....

Soul Harnessing and Harvesting....What If?
edit on 24-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: additions

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Trust me if you're close to God you're not scare of dead. The saying goes..."to live is Christ and to die is gain". Christians lose that fear. I remember that fear from long ago as I can remember all the way back til I was 3 years old. I remember at age 5 becoming aware of the idea that I could die one day. I was so afraid that I was crying. But soon after I discovered God. Now life is easy. Nothing to fear. Listen, if you haven't figured it out yet, align yourself with the creator. Arrrhhh, to me it makes zero sense that people would let pride hold them back from seeking out where life originated. Things have to come from somewhere. Better to figure it out now which you still can.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

droid56
Getting really feeble, and then ending up on the floor of my apartment,alone, or ending up in an ambulance heading towards a nearby hospital scares me. Dying, losing the ability to breath without help scares me.

I'm not trying to be morbid. Death is freaking scary.

The whole death thing scares the heck out of me. If you aren't close to it, or you are a member of a very soothing religion, you don't understand what I am saying.

Death is scary. Unless you are not awake.
I went through that in my early 30s.I think its a stage some folks go through.I don't think about it anymore.Just live everyday like it is your last,and be kind to everyone ,even if they are not to you.That way when it is your time to go you have no regrets.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

AbleEndangered
Well, look at it this way.

If you weren't afraid of Death, then you can do cool stuff like this...

Felix Baumgartner's supersonic freefall from 128k' - Mission Highlights
www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHtvDA0W34I
www.youtube.com...

Felix Jumps At 128k feet! Red Bull Stratos - freefall from the edge of space
www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f-K-XnHi9I
www.youtube.com...

I believe Felix said, "I will never do it again!"

Ya he probably made an easy 10 million. So why would you. ha ha

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>