It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally Amazing New Image Of The Inner Core of ISON!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
All I see is a gigantic ultrasound of a baby in the womb!

Pretty cool regardless, not gonna get into a heated argument about what it is, what it can cause, what will happen if this and that and that and this etc. Just..pretty sweet. The Universe is quite amazing. Why does everything have to be a debate or argument? Can we just sit in awe and thank the universe(s) for such great experiences?

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
From this Site

Due to our lack of knowledge concerning the physical parameters of comet ISON, they explored a lot of possibilities and conclude that in general the prospect of ISON surviving perihelion is rather high.

So surviving perihelion is one of the possible scenarios. However if this scenario takes place it is rather obvious that the comet will come out smaller in size and weaker in strength than before perihelion. Additionally exceedinly strong jets will certainly alter the rotational parameters maybe placing the comet once again at the edge of disintegration. According to this probable scenario, I have decided to continue with the Red Alert after perihelion in case the comet reaches to this point.

So if you as an observer thought that you were going to rest observing this comet after perihelion, think again. As comet 85P/Boethin has teached us, disruption may take place at any time at any place in the orbit. So the job ahead is to continue monitoring this comet to the limit of out observational and physical capabilities.

So, there are exciting times ahead. This saga has not ended yet.

and about why the comet has not disintegrated...

So, let us go back to our question. Why is comet ISON not disintegrating?

There are two reasons.
(1) The comet is a slow rotator, thus the powerfull centrifugal forces are not at play. This conclusion is supported by the slow rotational period of 15.7 hours that I found for the comet. And
(2) the comet is large, much larger than other comets that disintegrated. So gravity is holding it together. NASA researchers estimated that the nucleus is less than 4 km in diameter. From our own model calculations, the comet is even larger. I would not be surprised if in the final analysis the comet is 4-6 km in diameter. This conclusion is supported by the fact that non-gravitational forces have not been detected on this comet.

Thus comet ISON continues surprising us. And the final surprise would be if it gets in one piece to perihelion and survives in one piece after perihelion. If it does, we will be in the presence of a comet that has broken all records, all predictions and all paradigms, and that will become if not "the comet of the century" (we are only 13 years into the century), at least the "The Great Comet of the Beginning of the Century".

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
This might help you get your head around it:

I despair sometimes, I really do!

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
its 2km wide, the tail is just gas and ice ?

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by matted

2km wide

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

whatnext21
From this Site

and about why the comet has not disintegrated...
So, let us go back to our question. Why is comet ISON not disintegrating?

There are two reasons.
(1) The comet is a slow rotator, thus the powerfull centrifugal forces are not at play. This conclusion is supported by the slow rotational period of 15.7 hours that I found for the comet. And
(2) the comet is large, much larger than other comets that disintegrated. So gravity is holding it together. NASA researchers estimated that the nucleus is less than 4 km in diameter. From our own model calculations, the comet is even larger. I would not be surprised if in the final analysis the comet is 4-6 km in diameter. This conclusion is supported by the fact that non-gravitational forces have not been detected on this comet.

Latest findings point to larger than 3 to 4 km. It also now has a 582,666.54 year orbital period as of today, November 25th, not 400,864.54 provided on November 22nd by Alan B Chamberlain on JPL hmmm

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I'm glad to see the comet is just a normal rocky comet.. That I'll hope will just dive into the sun or evaporate . Honestly I don't want this thing coming back at us ...because it smells like beaver

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Cheese, yea I am excited too. It is a little scary too. What is most alarming is why nasa has not been honest about it. You can look at some images showing enke and ison and mercury. Ison twenty million miles farther away. Look and see how much bigger ison is but nasa says it is smaller than enke. Lol

It is crazy why they are not telling the truth. Goto bpearthwatch youtube channel, he does a great job putting all the SDO footage together as well as showing example of past comets. Check it out.
It
What is scary is the effects it has on the sun which could cause us to be hit with huge x flare. Also what happens after it goes around. It appears to already broken into at least three pieces. Next is the path these pieces take after it comes around. We will definitely be hit by the tail which is huge now after ison was hit with x flare. Nasa did not even mention ison being hit by x flare.

Sdo is going to shift the cameras on the twenty eighth so we should get great shots of it coming around the sun. After which we should have more info on what might hit us.

The Bot
edit on 25-11-2013 by dlbott because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

whatnext21
It also now has a 582,666.54 year orbital period as of today, November 25th, not 400,864.54 provided on November 22nd by Alan B Chamberlain on JPL hmmm

Bringing up ISON's orbital period, are we?
It's still undecided. www.slate.com...
The comet might leave us forever, or it might stay as a periodic comet.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Lol bigger than Australia

Comet ISON is less than 3 miles (4.8 kilometers) in diameter, about the size of a small mountain, and weighs between 7 billion and 7 trillion pounds (3.2 billion and 3.2 trillion kilograms).

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

Hi wildespace, Well it was n/a up until Nov 22nd, how did they just figure it out now?

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

mobtek
reply to post by cheesy

Lol bigger than Australia

Comet ISON is less than 3 miles (4.8 kilometers) in diameter, about the size of a small mountain, and weighs between 7 billion and 7 trillion pounds (3.2 billion and 3.2 trillion kilograms).

Dude your crazy, that is nasa data, go look at SDO images, look at bpearthwatch, you can see with your own eyes. They say they know enke size, look at the shots with them both in the same shot. Ison is twenty million miles farther away than enke. It's like looking at a marble compared to pin head lol. Your nuttier than the nasa. Just disinformation. Ison is huge.

Don't listen to this guy folks, go look for yourself, it makes enke look tiny and Ison is much farther away in the camera shots.

The Bot

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
it doesnt look like a 2klm rock and metal... If we google it, it says 2klm...lol
edit on 26-11-2013 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

should ask a geologist,,or ar·chae·ol·o·gy or ar·che·ol·o·gyist (är k - l -j ). n. The systematic study of past human life and culture by the recovery and examination of remaining material ...but if u think, Barnie is good too ask,, be my guest,

edit on 11/28/2013 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join