It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: World powers reach historic nuclear deal w/ Iran

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Aazadan

superman2012
As far as intelligence, you have; Israeli intelligence, US intelligence, the IAEA, ISIS, and Iran all saying that Iran is not pursuing nuclear weapons. I wonder how long until the public falls for the Iraq WMD when the same is accused of Iran?
Why not wind or solar? If the most technologically advance society (the US) cannot figure it out, what makes you think that Iran could? For now, nuclear is the best option. I just wish they would figure out a way to not let it meltdown. For all we know, Iran has desires to manufacture enriched uranium to sell to the world when the oil supply gets low and prices skyrocket.

This was solved 50 years ago. Thorium nuclear reactors. They physically can't melt down, the waste has a half life measured in decades rather than millenia, and the fuel for them is extremely common (seriously, you have a bunch of thorium in your back yard). The reason they aren't fully developed is that spent fuel can't be used to make weapons.

Well said-we were all sold a massive lie about nuclear producing energy "so cheap it can't be metered"back in the day-when in truth it was all about making plutonium for weapons.
If we had gone down the thorium route,there would have been no chernobyl,no fukushima,no destroyed ocean.
Which seems better-loads of nukes and loads of pollution-or no nukes and hardly any pollution?
I know which I would choose.
The world is screwed up.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Aazadan

superman2012
As far as intelligence, you have; Israeli intelligence, US intelligence, the IAEA, ISIS, and Iran all saying that Iran is not pursuing nuclear weapons. I wonder how long until the public falls for the Iraq WMD when the same is accused of Iran?
Why not wind or solar? If the most technologically advance society (the US) cannot figure it out, what makes you think that Iran could? For now, nuclear is the best option. I just wish they would figure out a way to not let it meltdown. For all we know, Iran has desires to manufacture enriched uranium to sell to the world when the oil supply gets low and prices skyrocket.

This was solved 50 years ago. Thorium nuclear reactors. They physically can't melt down, the waste has a half life measured in decades rather than millenia, and the fuel for them is extremely common (seriously, you have a bunch of thorium in your back yard). The reason they aren't fully developed is that spent fuel can't be used to make weapons.

Yes MSR are being experimented on in China aren't they? I fully believe Thorium is the way to go, but as long as the people in charge have small wee-wees they will continue to play the game of, "who has the biggest gun".

<< 1  2  3   >>

join