It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: World powers reach historic nuclear deal w/ Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seasoul

I would love to see nuclear products go away. I personally think there are alternatives that work better. But it seems the biggest leaders we have in the world refuse to lead by example and give up nuclear products. Are these leaders wise in moving forward with attempt to better our lives, or ruin others with these nuclear products? Perhaps, but what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Nice. So the US government is tricking people into believing that they got what they wanted, that there was no red line, and these aren't the droids you're looking for.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Salamandy

Good, so now all these country leaders sat down and got everybody to agree on some terms to appease Israel. Now, can Israel stop with the provoking of war?

One can only hope, there's that word again. Between Saudi Arabia and Israel I just wonder how long this will hold. Especially Israel as they seem to have a knack for stealth bombing people the don't like, think Syria.

With an actual agreement on the table and agreed to maybe these countries can finally force Israel to cool down a bit. Here's hoping. Why does that word (hope) and the middle east come up together so often?

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
So, Iran surrendered then?

What "deal" did you expect? As used by the media the word deal means they have to submit to the west. It was forced upon them or else.

West will "ease sanctions" and give them some of their money back if they stop making electricity.

Thats blackmail, not "Lets Make a Deal".

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

What a nice Christmas gift it would be to the world if we wake up in a day or two and hear that Israel is thankful for an agreement and would no longer threaten attacks.

How many generations have to read headlines every week that Israel wants something and will use deadly force to get it if they dont get their way? It really is damaging to our collectives psyches to see that BS every week.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
-- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said the six-month deal rolls back Iran's stockpile of enriched uranium and increases the time Iran would need to develop a nuclear weapon.
-- Kerry said Iran will have "zero" 20 percent enriched uranium in six months under the deal announced Sunday.
-- Kerry said Iran has "agreed to unprecedented international monitoring" of its nuclear program. "This first step, let me be clear, does not say that Iran has a right to enrich uranium." Contradicting Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif, Kerry also said the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons does not grant Iran the right to enriched uranium.
-- Kerry said the easing of controls on Iran's "restricted oil revenues" during the six-month nuclear agreement announced Sunday does not roll back the "vast majority of the sanctions that are currently in place."
-- Kerry said the alternative to the deal with Iran on its nuclear program would be further development of Iran's nuclear capabilities. He said no world power represented in the new deal believes Iran would capitulate in the face of unrelenting sanctions.
-- Kerry said Iran must prove its peaceful intentions with actions, not words. He said President Barack Obama will not take military force "off the table," but he said war would not be a lasting solution.
-- Kerry said the deal announced Sunday is "a serious step" toward answering the world's questions about Iran's nuclear intentions.
-- Kerry calls the nuclear deal a rollback of that nation's nuclear program and a first step toward "a comprehensive agreement that will make Israel and the rest of the world safer.
-- Kerry: "We need to set about the critical task of proving to the world what Iran has said many times -- that its program is in fact peaceful." The top U.S. diplomat said the initial agreement creates "time and space" to allow Iran to demonstrate its peaceful intentions.

This is from CNN

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I can't entirely blame Israel for being belligerent.

They're made up of a people who nearly got wiped out after being treated like crap for hundreds of years (for whatever reasons, I've heard plenty of them). Most of the European countries really wish that the Nazis had finished the job before WWII was finished, but they didn't and none of them wanted any of the Jews back. So, they figured they'd finish them off by giving them back their ancestral land ... which was in the middle of pack of Arabs who hated them because the Euros displaced a lot of them to do it.

No one figured the Jews would survive that.

Oops.

Maybe the Euros should have just done a better job after WWII?

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by Bassago

I can't entirely blame Israel for being belligerent.

They're made up of a people who nearly got wiped out after being treated like crap for hundreds of years (for whatever reasons, I've heard plenty of them). Most of the European countries really wish that the Nazis had finished the job before WWII was finished, but they didn't and none of them wanted any of the Jews back. So, they figured they'd finish them off by giving them back their ancestral land ... which was in the middle of pack of Arabs who hated them because the Euros displaced a lot of them to do it.

No one figured the Jews would survive that.

Oops.

Maybe the Euros should have just done a better job after WWII?

It's Zionist not Jews Zionist are the ones that pushed for a land for themselves. And they weren't dumped there that is the land that they wanted so if they want to cry we are surrounded by enemies they have no one but themselves to blame. Israels policies in the ME is what causes Israel it's problems.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

It would seem Valerie Jarrett's agenda is complete.

Second

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

It would seem Valerie Jarrett's agenda is complete.

Wasn't she behind / in favor of the Syrian "thin red line" as well as supporting the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt? Honestly I'm not sure on those but if correct then she's pooched it pretty bad.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Didn't the Clinton administration make a similar deal with N. Korea in the 90's?

*beezzer just shakes his head*

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

intrptr
So, Iran surrendered then?

What "deal" did you expect? As used by the media the word deal means they have to submit to the west. It was forced upon them or else.

West will "ease sanctions" and give them some of their money back if they stop making electricity.

Thats blackmail, not "Lets Make a Deal".

I wonder how much the sanctions hurt the government as opposed to the regular people like you or I? The US and Iran were both forced to make this ridiculous "deal". The US can't be seen as weak and Iran isn't allowed to enrich over 20%, which they weren't anyways. Did they have the ability to? Yes. Were they? No proof of it.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Research" Valerie Jarrett, Obama's Iranian born communist senior adviser ".

She has everything to do with everything Obama does.

With Reid's nuke option and now this (Kerry has finally got his revenge on America) this is really going to escalate very fast.

I don't think people really understand what is coming to pass, it does not matter, it is well past to late.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

The US can't be seen as weak and Iran isn't allowed to enrich over 20%, which they weren't anyways. Did they have the ability to? Yes. Were they? No proof of it.

Besides the evidence of bomb factories and testing in their desert you mean? Its not about atomic power any way, right? Its about the US being used to wage war on Israel's enemies so they can sleep at night? Or something like that. I would be paranoid if I were them too. They might get found out. Once the lies pile up that high its hard to juggle them all.

But they believe in God too so anything goes right?

edit on 23-11-2013 by intrptr because: BB code

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I just wish Russia would give Iran a handful of nukes and all the enriched uranium they needed to run some nuke plants.
This would put everything off of the table and Iran could defend herself from their terrorist israeli neighbors.
Iran and israel would be equals finally, and maybe those terrorists would stop poking around where they're not supposed to be.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

Sounds like everything is accelerating.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

intrptr
reply to post by superman2012

The US can't be seen as weak and Iran isn't allowed to enrich over 20%, which they weren't anyways. Did they have the ability to? Yes. Were they? No proof of it.

Besides the evidence of bomb factories and testing in their desert you mean? Its not about atomic power any way, right? Its about the US being used to wage war on Israel's enemies so they can sleep at night? Or something like that. I would be paranoid if I were them too. They might get found out. Once the lies pile up that high its hard to juggle them all.

But they believe in God too so anything goes right?

edit on 23-11-2013 by intrptr because: BB code

Besides the no proof of Iran chasing nuclear weapons (if you leave all circumstantial evidence behind) I agree that the US government seems to be finally standing up to their Israeli masters.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I just wish Russia would give Iran a handful of nukes and all the enriched uranium they needed to run some nuke plants.

This would put everything off of the table and Iran could defend herself from their terrorist israeli neighbors.

Isn't that the truth. Maybe Russia already has.

You know a decade or so ago I would have been at complete odds with your idea. But now after all the stunts we've seen Israel pull I'm surprised anyone is willing to stand with them at all or call them allies.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

MadMax9
reply to post by Bassago

Iran will take the money but will not honor the deal. Arabs seldom do, it's just their nature. I've dealt with many Arabs in business and I can never trust them and time and time again they prove me right. Must be a cultural thing they do...?

I wouldn't call an Iranian an Arab to their face if I were you-They are not Arabs,but Persians and they take major offence at being called Arabs.
Sort of like if you call a Canadian an American,or vice versa.

www.useless-knowledge.com...

The Iranians/Persians have a long history of troubles with the Arabs-its a Sunni/Shia thing.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

The one-sentence version of it is they aren't trying to win any particular war, they are inciting conflict in the region as a distraction while they take the oil.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join