It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: World powers reach historic nuclear deal w/ Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The original story say's they were 98% of the way there. Looks like they've made an agreement.

BREAKING NEWS: A historic agreement has been reached between Iran and six world powers on limits to Iran’s nuclear program, a European Union official has confirmed.

“We have reached agreement between E3+3 and Iran,” an EU spokesman said in Twitter posting.

This story will be updated

Iran, world powers reach historic nuclear deal with Iran

Normally I wouldn't post a bare bones headline like this but this is an important issue. Hopefully the original story will be updated to see just who gave what in the final negotiations.

Iran apparently had said it refuses to give up it's enrichment program, etc, etc. You can read the link to see the sticking points. Guess we'll have to wait a bit to see what finally happened.

Edit - This story has now been updated at the original link and below on this page.
edit on 214pm0909pm102013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Im going to reserve my opinion on this tilll more info comes available. Remember Sadam allowed inspectors in and
See where he wound up.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Dear Bassago,

I, also, would like to see the final agreement. My fear is that Iran will say "Lift the sanctions, and we will promise to halt our nuclear work. You can inspect in the same manner you were inspecting three months ago. But we will not give up any of our rights as a nation."

If that is the result, and, sadly, I expect it will be, it will rank as one of the greatest American foreign policy failures.

But I can hope for something better, can't I? Or, is it too late for hope?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

But I can hope for something better, can't I? Or, is it too late for hope?

I hope it's never too late for us to have hope.
2nd

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Bassago
The original story say's they were 98% of the way there. Looks like they've made an agreement.

BREAKING NEWS: A historic agreement has been reached between Iran and six world powers on limits to Iran’s nuclear program, a European Union official has confirmed.

“We have reached agreement between E3+3 and Iran,” an EU spokesman said in Twitter posting.

This story will be updated

Iran, world powers reach historic nuclear deal with Iran

Normally I wouldn't post a bare bones headline like this but this is an important issue. Hopefully the original story will be updated to see just who gave what in the final negotiations.

Iran apparently had said it refuses to give up it's enrichment program, etc, etc. You can read the link to see the sticking points. Guess we'll have to wait a bit to see what finally happened.
edit on 154pm1313pm82013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

I really hope Iran didnt get the 'right to enrichment' that they insisted on!

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Depending upon the details, I may start taking bets on Israel forming an attack, possibly with the aid of the Saudis, by Christmas. Or, at the least, try to pull Iran into a war by upping their strategic bombings on Syrian military installations near that northern border they share with Syria.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Depending upon the details, I may start taking bets on Israel forming an attack, possibly with the aid of the Saudis, by Christmas.

Yeah, that's a bet I won't touch. Considering the adjacent headlines on Drudge saying "Israel will fight!" and "Iran building two more nuke plants" this may turn out a kind of rough. Guess we'll see.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

hillbilly4rent
Im going to reserve my opinion on this tilll more info comes available. Remember Sadam allowed inspectors in and
See where he wound up.

Agree,

Also going to reserve opinions until It's clear whether or not Iran is in actual agreement or whether they have only bought time for a breather from the US strong arm tactics.

or...

Is it complete BS reporting from the US in a mirror of IRAQ?

Either way...the US being part of it makes me believe nothing positive is coming out of this.

Peace

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Iran will take the money but will not honor the deal. Arabs seldom do, it's just their nature. I've dealt with many Arabs in business and I can never trust them and time and time again they prove me right. Must be a cultural thing they do...?

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I think whatever we end up being told about any 'deal', we can be certain that the intel agencies will be the monitors.

The Saudis have Al Mukhabarat Al A'amah.
Israel has Mossad.
U.S. CIA.

I'm sure they've had their agents deep in place for years.

I bet Russia has agents inside too. They are watching the watchers.

Iran is a key player in the BRICS vs PetroDollar war.

here's an interesting perspective from last week...

Israel’s Mossad, along with Saudi officials, is working on contingency plans that could include an attack on Iran if its nuclear program is not curbed enough during the negotiations in Geneva this week, a new report has revealed.

Both powers have expressed concern that restrictions on Iran’s nuclear program will not be enough. According to The Sunday Times newspaper, Saudi Arabia already gave Israel the green light to use its airspace in the case of an attack on Iran.

It was also revealed that the Saudis were willing to assist an Israeli attack by cooperating with the use of drones, rescue helicopters, and tanker planes. “Once the Geneva agreement is signed, the military option will be back on the table. The Saudis are furious and are willing to give Israel all the help it needs,”an unnamed diplomatic source told the paper.

story

This latest agreement is just the beginning

edit on Nov-23-2013 by xuenchen because:

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

MadMax9
reply to post by Bassago

Iran will take the money but will not honor the deal. Arabs seldom do, it's just their nature. I've dealt with many Arabs in business and I can never trust them and time and time again they prove me right. Must be a cultural thing they do...?

You say you've done business with Arabs ?

Iranians are Persians, not Arabs.

And they speak a different language too.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
My guess? Iran already has nuclear weapons.

So big deal about concessions about centrifuges and such.

They stop production, they get sanctions lifted, they allow inspections (because they can hide the bombs) and the US gives them money!

win-win for Iran!

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Gog, Magog

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

AnIntellectualRedneck
Depending upon the details, I may start taking bets on Israel forming an attack, possibly with the aid of the Saudis, by Christmas. Or, at the least, try to pull Iran into a war by upping their strategic bombings on Syrian military installations near that northern border they share with Syria.

A total conspiracy nut might believe that the USA and it's
allies didn't 'want to be the heavy' and in fact knew that
this would force Israel to act. Israel WILL ACT. It has to
now.

KPB

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Well, I think this is good news, but I can't help but feel that it's too good to be true. Just a few months ago the president wanted to bomb Syria and with much urgency.. He and Kerry really wanted to attack but were stopped in their tracks and did a complete 360. Now, we're talking with Iran and lifting some sanctions. What are we missing here? Was someone spooked by something?

edit on 23-11-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Looks like we have an update from the original link.

GENEVA — Iran and six major powers agreed early Sunday on an historic deal that freezes key parts of Iran’s nuclear program in exchange for temporary relief on some economic sanctions, diplomats confirmed.

The deal was reached after four days of marathon bargaining and an 11th-hour intervention by U.S. Secretary of State John F. Kerry and other foreign ministers from Europe, Russia and China. the sources said.

The agreement, sealed at 3 a.m. signing ceremony in Geneva’s Palace of Nations, requires Iran to halt or scale back parts of it nuclear infrastructure, the first such pause in more than a decade.

More specifically:

The deal, intended as first step toward a more comprehensive nuclear pact to be completed in six months, freezes or reverses progress at all of Iran’s major nuclear facilities, according to Western officials familiar with the details. It halts the installation of new centrifuges and caps the amount and type of enriched uranium that Iran is allowed to produce.

edit on 208pm4545pm92013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

If your end purpose is really destabilization and war in the Middle East, this will do just as well as lobbing a few of your own bombs into Syria would have. If we free up Iran to continue on their nuclear adventure, the Saudis and the Israelis will do our dirty work for us. TPTB will get the same war they really want, and Obama (and plenty of people here I might add) can be happy because he can hope that Israel is vaporized before we get involved to "try to save our ally."

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

xuenchen

MadMax9
reply to post by Bassago

You say you've done business with Arabs ?

Iranians are Persians, not Arabs.

And they speak a different language too.

lol... on top of that the money Iran will be getting from this deal is their own money which has been frozen.

In return, Iran will receive modest sanctions relief and access to some of its frozen accounts overseas, concessions said to value less than $7 billion over the six-month term of the deal.

This is basically blackmail on the part of the US. Their 7 billion is being used as a reverse-ransom which is forcing them to comply. So I agree with MadMax9 about one thing: Iran will probably play along for as long as it takes to get that 7 billion back and then they will just disregard the agreement. And I wouldn't blame them, that 7 billion is their wealth in the first place and they have a right to develop nuclear power facilities.
edit on 23/11/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Good, so now all these country leaders sat down and got everybody to agree on some terms to appease Israel. Now, can Israel stop with the provoking of war?

Since we have a deal, next army that attacks anyone in the ME should in turn have their leaders jailed - taken by force if necessary by a combination of the same countries that spent their time and money reaching this deal.

This is the point in this whole ME circus where our leaders should say, "enough attacking is enough - you will be stopped and removed from power on your next attempt".

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
We've been from Hiroshima to Fuk-us-hima, and humanity still remains absolutely clueless. There's a void in the soul of mankind, an empty space which is meant to hold wisdom.

All nuclear weapons as-well-as power plants, are nefarious.

edit on 23-11-2013 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join