It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

life after death,really?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

edit on 7-12-2013 by hyperreflexia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

ldyserenity
reply to post by sparky31

Good news if You don't believe in the Afterlife, you may still get to experience it. Technology today is finding ways to upload all your memories, actions, beliefs, and personalities into computers. They feel we are maybe 30 years away from having the full capabilities to do this. You may eventually be uploaded into a Virtual Reality where Your subconscious will continue to live in an avatar either exactly like you or made to your specifications. Maybe it won't be exactly an afterlife, I mean maybe your real consciousness may not truly be in the VR World, but in someway, it would be an extension of you. I really don't know how it works. I mean if the computers are built to do this and they are powerful enough to figure out what synapses of your brain fire and when they can totally reproduce it, But I am not sure it would be truly you experiencing it, but if science is right, the brain is the basis of everything we do, so in effect it'd be like a clone of you, I guess if there is no soul we'd find out this way because you'd be continuing your existence in cyberspace, if the soul is existent, then basically you'd just have a cyber clone in the VR world and would still end up wherever your soul would go after death. That's one theory.
Mind Uploading

And before you say OH POO-POO that comes from the Huffington Posts, realize I first saw this in a book about the way humans and technology may someday be combined to live eternally. The writers were a futurist and a scientist. So there's that.

Arthur Conan Doyle wrote a Sherlock Holmes story entitled 'An elixir of Youth' that addresses directly the material obsession with eternal life:

"There is a danger there-a very real danger to humanity. Consider Watson, the material, the sensual, the worldly would all prolong their worthless lives. The spiritual would not avoid the call to something higher. It would be survival of the least fit. What sort of cesspool may not our poor world become."

The most evil and wealthy people would use this technology if it existed and would certainly not let the vulgar anywhere around it. You think centralized power is a problem now?

Remember this: The dead will always outnumber the living.
edit on 7-12-2013 by hyperreflexia because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join