It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TELERIDICULOUSVISION

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
What has happened?

Why is it everytime I see John Stossel on Fox hes doing a hit piece on regulation?

Why isn't the O'Reilly Factor called the Obama Factor?

Why does the History Channel claim that everything happening is History so they make up whatever they want slap their logo on it and call it history?

Why does the Discovery Channel have "real" fake shows about "real" life fake occurrences?

Where do the lines blur in this push for a fake reality in media for the past 20yrs? Is there really a demand for this enterainment, or is this some kind of agenda and or long running marketing campaig?

Instead of offering us extra channels at an extra price cable companies should be offering us to remove channels that and reduce the charge of bills. Just having the option to change the channel isn't good enough!

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SasquatchHunter

Turn it off.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I always thought the fact its called television programming, is a good reason to never watch it

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
you just realized tv is stupid?

there's these thing's called book's....

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

ZeroReady

Turn it off.

That's a do nothing cop out! When you buy a hamburger do you have it prepared without onions or do you just not eat hamburgers because that's what they come with? Or do you just buy hamburgers and throw them away if they have onions?

The entire media industry is a monopoly and the biggest monopoly in the pipeline is actually the pipes the service providers! We get a packaged deal of crap whether we want it or not. This is where the change has to be enacted at the purchase of service. We aren't being given that option!

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

SasquatchHunter
What has happened?

Why is it everytime I see John Stossel on Fox hes doing a hit piece on regulation?

Why isn't the O'Reilly Factor called the Obama Factor?

Why does the History Channel claim that everything happening is History so they make up whatever they want slap their logo on it and call it history?

Why does the Discovery Channel have "real" fake shows about "real" life fake occurrences?

Where do the lines blur in this push for a fake reality in media for the past 20yrs? Is there really a demand for this enterainment, or is this some kind of agenda and or long running marketing campaig?

Instead of offering us extra channels at an extra price cable companies should be offering us to remove channels that and reduce the charge of bills. Just having the option to change the channel isn't good enough!

I stopped watching tv a few years ago, it stopped being entertaining and made me angry instead.
It was then I realised I had to let it go. Im glad I did.
When I watch any particular program now I still get angry, and see how ridiculously transparent the whole "entertainment" scam is.

You are in control of the on/off button. Not anybody else.
edit on 201311America/Chicago11pm11pmSat, 23 Nov 2013 19:09:33 -06001113 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

SasquatchHunter

ZeroReady

Turn it off.

That's a do nothing cop out! When you buy a hamburger do you have it prepared without onions or do you just not eat hamburgers because that's what they come with? Or do you just buy hamburgers and throw them away if they have onions?

The entire media industry is a monopoly and the biggest monopoly in the pipeline is actually the pipes the service providers! We get a packaged deal of crap whether we want it or not. This is where the change has to be enacted at the purchase of service. We aren't being given that option!

Netflix, Hulu, or download.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
IMO there is only one use for TV. Broadcasting the NFL. The rest is just crap.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Rikku

I didn't just realize anything I'm specifically pointing out the push for a fake reality of the past 20yrs . Not all of us enjoy reading books. I enjoy reading things online. I enjoy reading informative things. I dont enjoy reading fictional books as entertainment.

There is a difference between entertainment television and informative television. Clearly just about all broadcast media being pure entertainment or informative has moved or is moving into this fake reality format. Why?

You can complain about MSNBC or Fox all day long you can sue them do whatever you like. If you buy cable it comes with it and they still get paid. Simply turning it off or not watching doesn't change the situation at all.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

To understand why the news and other shows are so stupid nowadays, you have to look at who is controlling what we watch on television. Big Business and the Government control what we are able to watch on our televisions. Big Business and the Government only let us see what they want us to see. They do not want you to know everything that is going on in the world and the History channel and the Discovery channel put what they want on television so that you will forget what the real history and the real facts are. To find out the truth, you have to look into other sources, other than our media. Big Business and our government is trying to "dumb us down" so that we will never know the truth.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

intrepid
IMO there is only one use for TV. Broadcasting the NFL. The rest is just crap.

$3,000 TV and $100 a month and mine only gets turned on for Football, and Movies I have to buy.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

SasquatchHunter

ZeroReady

Turn it off.

No its an action to press the off button, or actively refusing to turn it on in the first place.
If you dont like the burgers the restaurants are serving you cook your own.

Yes it is, only because we actively participate in the BS fed to us as reality.
You ALWAYS have the option to avoid it as much as possible.

Whats more wrong...
The BS that is fed to us for our entertainment?
or our own active participation when we can see its substandard?

Maybe if enough people turned the crap off, then we might see a change. But until we do, it will remain the same, or even get worse.

edit on 201311America/Chicago11pm11pmSat, 23 Nov 2013 19:19:08 -06001113 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

edit on 201311America/Chicago11pm11pmSat, 23 Nov 2013 19:23:33 -06001113 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

SasquatchHunter

There is a difference between entertainment television and informative television. Clearly just about all broadcast media being pure entertainment or informative has moved or is moving into this fake reality format. Why?

Social engineering through propaganda and false realities.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Rikku

Books are extinct. Theres this thing called a kindle now.

To think ten years ago I didn't believe my dad when he said technology would take over everything. Should've listened...

He always did tell me to save my books because they wouldn't be around for long. Whens the last time you've seen a Borders bookstore?
edit on 23-11-2013 by Isittruee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Guys turning the TV off not watching etc.. That is just complacency, The fingers are pointed in the wrong direction as well.
As I have done we can complain about the actual channels or not watch them, it changes nothing.

We get a packaged deal from a service provider. We are then happy with getting more channels. This is supporting programming that is being backdoored in. It makes people feel good to have the most options, despite the fact you might aswell be writing a check to every channel you despise.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Isittruee

Books aren't going anywhere soon. There's a difference between holding a book and holding a device.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

SasquatchHunter
Guys turning the TV off not watching etc.. That is just complacency, The fingers are pointed in the wrong direction as well.
As I have done we can complain about the actual channels or not watch them, it changes nothing.

We get a packaged deal from a service provider. We are then happy with getting more channels. This is supporting programming that is being backdoored in. It makes people feel good to have the most options, despite the fact you might aswell be writing a check to every channel you despise.

I come at this from a musicians perspective, I have seen the results of pop music being used as a tool of social change and false dreams. I see it actively sexualising young girls and presenting the image of normality to girls objectifying themselves as sexual objects, because the fragile minds of our youngsters see it as how you get ahead and become successful.
If everybody stopped "buying" it, then the "businesses" pushing their crap would have to change their tunes, or simply go bankrupt.
We have come into an age of idol(celebrity) worship. Its the new religion.
Now you can continue to pay for the lies, or not, its your choice.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

intrepid

Books aren't going anywhere soon. There's a difference between holding a book and holding a device.

Didn't mean anytime too soon. Borders is gone. Barnes and Noble next. Why have all these pesky books when you can have all on one convenient hard drive. Trust me I'd rather the book though.
edit on 23-11-2013 by Isittruee because: typos

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Isittruee

intrepid

Didn't mean anytime too soon. Borders is gone. Barnes and Noble next. Why have all these pesky books when you can have all on one convenient hard drive. Trust me I'd rather the book though.

Because if and when the power is switched off, we are in trouble.
Our dependence on technology and devices will bite us in the future when it is taken away by lack of electricity.
Think about that prospect for a few minutes.
And what if the hard drive should fail?

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

OneManArmy

Isittruee

intrepid

Because if and when the power is switched off, we are in trouble.
Our dependence on technology and devices will bite us in the future when it is taken away by lack of electricity.
Think about that prospect for a few minutes.
And what if the hard drive should fail?

Go back and read what I wrote. I said I'd rather a book. Society feels differently...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join